NEurope
Happenstance

Arrow (TV Show)

Just started watching this a week ago and I'm near the end of season 1. I didn't expect it to grab me as much as it has but it really picks up after the first few episodes. Like Flameboy I was drawing comparisons to Batman at first but as the show goes off you really see how different the two characters are.

Just started watching this a week ago and I'm near the end of season 1. I didn't expect it to grab me as much as it has but it really picks up after the first few episodes. Like Flameboy I was drawing comparisons to Batman at first but as the show goes off you really see how different the two characters are.

oh man you are going to love catching up!

Just finished Season 2 and I've read all the posts here now (some of you are seriously judgemental lol). It was great to be able to watch the whole 2 seasons in the space of a week or so :D

So when is season 3 and when does The Flash start?

Well

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/07/18/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-geoff-johns-no-dc-movietv-crossover?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Can't say i'm Suprised, DC always do what flies in the face of tried and tested methods, i understand their reasoning as stated not wanting to have convoluted plot lines between the two.....but now they either have separate versions of the same characters in TV and Film, which will convolute things OR specifically choose characters for only TV and only Film which will leave glaring holes in their mythos....and with Batman characters in Arrow, and well Flash and Arrow being JL members....it will be really odd to just ignore them like the black sheep of the family you do not talk about....

The more i think about, keeping them separate throws up more problems than continuity between film and TV, Marvel may have had a shaky start, but they got this one balanced right

It's not that weird. DC Comics is built on a 52 universe multi-verse. Technically, the main universe exists along side the Young Justice universe (Earth 16) which exists along Earth Prime...in which superheroes only exist in comic books...so this universe. The TV and Movies might as well be different universes and that'd still work within DC's narrative.

Having been reading Earth 2 recently, it's so much better than the main universe. But part of that is because it has license to be so different.

Anyway, I am a little disappointed but mainly because it looked more and more likely they were going to merge. But even if they had been combined, I don't know how much I'd want them to overlap.

Keep the two sell separate, fine. But I'll never understand the reasoning behind keeping big characters out of TV just because they have a movie presence. It's bullshit logic and I feel like some DC higher ups have made this decision based on zero evidence and nobody has thought to challenge them over it. The mediums are separate, you might as well say that you can't have Batman movies as well as video games, or comics! Not to mention the fact they're totally changing a still quite recently remade Batman already. If there's going to be any confusion, it will stem from that.

It's the same reason Clark stayed out of the tights for so long and we never saw Bruce Wayne in Smallville.

On the other hand if they want The Flash or Green Arrow in their Justice League movie, they'll not have a problem with that....

Stupid, and very frustrating.

It's starting to look like a lot of those big characters aren't going to be off the books for long.

"You won’t see Batman or Superman. We’re on production on Batman V Superman now. So you’ll see characters like The Atom or Firestorm, but no not Batman or Superman right now [on TV].”

Also, Bruce Wayne is revealed to exist in The Flash.

It would make sense to keep TV and BvS seperate for now but down the line, I'm not sure that's so certain. We'll see. It's not like The Flash isn't a massive character in his own right.

Edit: I would love them to announce a 'Teen Titans' TV show. Or film.

Edited by Daft

I'm fine with the separation if they do it, but they can't exclude characters from each universe, thats where it becomes crazy, massive holes in established mythos because some suits decided Tv/Film only

How bad will it be if the Arrow/Flash universe is made up of B list heroes and a mix of Batman and superman's rogue galaries turning up but no mention of their respective hero? We've already seen the start of Solomon Grundy, Deadshot, Deathstroke, Ra's Al Ghol mentioned frequently, Hints of Harley Quinn......if they all get fully fleshed out minus any mention of batman...it will just be ridiculous......

They had best soften on that issue, i suppose Gotham is a hint of some softening.....

Damn you American date format :p I just got hyped up thinking it started 10 Aug and then remembered....

Damn you American date format :p I just got hyped up thinking it started 10 Aug and then remembered....

Oh crap i forgot about that i was thinking August...boooo americans

Well the title of that video was already more of a spoiler than I wanted from a trailer. Great.

Added a tag, if you don't want to know about a major character appearance in S3, don't open.

We pretty much knew he was coming which whatshisface being back.

I did the same:heh:

Just finished ep 1 of season 3

Started off "WOOT Arrows back!!!"

Action scene at start reintroducing characters, YAY, Roy in full Red Arrow gear, woot.

Oliver admitting he actually loves Felicity, phew, I actually thought the bit in last seasons finale was all set up to trick Slade.

Also Felicitiys purple dress later in teh ep.....woot cleavege! :D

Then the explosion happened and Oliver had to go all doubting himself and thinking he can't be Arrow and be in a real relationship....BBBOOOOOOOOOO

Had hoped the scene in the hospital when Digs baby was born would somehow change Olivers mind but nope....gggrrrrr

Sara comes back to also, was awesome, the scene on the roof with her sister suggested she might have actually been there to take out a target for the League... but then BAM.....like WHAT THE FRAK JUST HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely that has to have been Merlin? yeah?

It was a nice episode, I think. But I'm a bit confused - probably because I don't remember the details from Season 2.

How is it that Oliver lost Queen Consolidated and all his money? I know Isabelle bought him out but I thought he was reinstated when she died - or is that what he tried now?

Also (and this is the insurance guy inside me speaking) shouldn't hos mother have one hell of a life insurance he could inherit?