NEurope
Happenstance

Arrow (TV Show)

Good return from Arrow this week

I thought it showed that the show, if ever needed could be more than just Oliver Queen leading the show. Its great to see Dig and Roy actually given more to do. Still not a massive fan of Laurel so I cant get all that excited seeing her finally suiting up as Black Canary but we'll see how that goes. Still waiting for her to accidentally swallow Sarah's sonic thing lol

Indeed, good episode. Just think that

it was too soon that we, the viewer, knows that Ollie isn't dead (anymore - why didn't they use Lazarus pit? I mean, Interstellar spoke so much about it, they should've used it).

Well...

the show has steered away from the more 'comic book' stuff so I suppose it makes sense they didn't have a magical life giving pool.

Although Ra's mention of his age in the last episode... Maybe they are keeping it as an option.

There might be Lazarus Pits in this world, doesn't necessarily mean there's one within walking distance of this fight! Perhaps Tatsu knows the secret of the pit and was able to utilise that somehow, which is why Maseo referred to it as bringing him back to life.

There's really no reason to drag out his return, we know he's not going to stay dead as the title character of his own show.

Nobody else talking about the fact Vinnie Jones is the new crime boss on the block?? Thought that was awesome, except the bit where he gives his enemies a chance to shoot him in the head, shots which he inexplicably shrugs off. (Can't tell if he's meant to be made of metal or just getting lucky)

‘The Flash’ & ‘Arrow’ DC Comics Superhero Spinoff in Development at CW

The CW is developing a DC Comics superhero spinoff featuring characters and actors from both “The Flash” and “Arrow,” Deadline reports.

The untitled project is being eyed for the next season, as a straight-to-series order, and comes from “Arrow” creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim.

The spinoff would star “Arrow’s” Brandon Routh, who plays Ray Palmer/the Atom, plus Caity Lotz, along with “The Flash’s” Victor Garber as Dr. Martin Stein, and Wentworth Miller as villain Leonard Snart/Captain Cold. Lotz’s character is unclear, given that her character Sara Lance was killed off on “Arrow,” with Katie Cassidy taking over the Black Canary. Other “Flash” and “Arrow” characters could potentially crossover into the series as well.

The superhero team-up will also feature three major DC Comics characters who have never been in a television series before.

At the winter Television Critics Assn. press tour, CW »

Not much discussion going on over the last weeks. Well

Roy getting written out like that... no, just no. I would have preferred them killing him over that. That's just stupid.

Thea's return from the dead was a bit weird. She remembered Malcolm being her father but didn't remember her mother being dead. Then suddenly she is back to normal without warning or easing into it. A bit rushed and a bit unnecessary but I'm glad she isn't dead. However, everyone said that she wouldn't be the same and they weren't right, that's a bit weird as well.

Now, Oliver taking up his role as heir to Ra's, that's something to like! The newest episode (21) was quite good I think, although I don't understand how they can erase THAT much from Oliver in just 3 weeks. I suspect that he's just acting for Ra's but he's quite convincing.

The Felicity-thing? Just quit it. I don't want any more romance on this show. She should have stayed with Ray.

I have no clue what's going on in China anymore. And I don't care. Ever since leaving the island, the flashbacks have been bad and boring and too supportive of what's going on in that week's current time. I hope they have a more interesting topic to address in Season 4.

Lastly, we now know that the Damien referred to some weeks ago is not Damien Wayne but Damien Darhk. I don't know him from the comics but looked him up. I look forward to seeing what kind of villain he could turn out to be. From what Ra's just told this episode, he sure has had his hands involved in all kinds of crime from the last three seasons.

Still liking the show, though season 3 has been weaker than 2, despite Ra's being a cool villain with some nice twists.

Not much discussion going on over the last weeks. Well

Roy getting written out like that... no, just no. I would have preferred them killing him over that. That's just stupid.

Thea's return from the dead was a bit weird. She remembered Malcolm being her father but didn't remember her mother being dead. Then suddenly she is back to normal without warning or easing into it. A bit rushed and a bit unnecessary but I'm glad she isn't dead. However, everyone said that she wouldn't be the same and they weren't right, that's a bit weird as well.

Now, Oliver taking up his role as heir to Ra's, that's something to like! The newest episode (21) was quite good I think, although I don't understand how they can erase THAT much from Oliver in just 3 weeks. I suspect that he's just acting for Ra's but he's quite convincing.

The Felicity-thing? Just quit it. I don't want any more romance on this show. She should have stayed with Ray.

I have no clue what's going on in China anymore. And I don't care. Ever since leaving the island, the flashbacks have been bad and boring and too supportive of what's going on in that week's current time. I hope they have a more interesting topic to address in Season 4.

Lastly, we now know that the Damien referred to some weeks ago is not Damien Wayne but Damien Darhk. I don't know him from the comics but looked him up. I look forward to seeing what kind of villain he could turn out to be. From what Ra's just told this episode, he sure has had his hands involved in all kinds of crime from the last three seasons.

Still liking the show, though season 3 has been weaker than 2, despite Ra's being a cool villain with some nice twists.

runs/set up H.I.V.E he orchestrated a lot of past plot lines no doubt, the ones that were never fully explained - like Diggle's brothers death etc, wouldn't be surprised if he didn't revive Sarah since she's going to the spin off, likely as White Canary, he probably has his own Lazarus pit

I'm kind of glad to see season 3 come to an end. I never thought it was bad but it felt very unfocused, despite the Ra's story going on.

The finale itself had good moments but overall was disappointing. I also thought they wasted the awesome "My name is Oliver Queen!" line way too early. The flashbacks never clicked this season either even though I really did like the Yamashiros. I assume Oliver will probably end up in Russia next season anyway.

I'm kind of glad to see season 3 come to an end. I never thought it was bad but it felt very unfocused, despite the Ra's story going on.

The finale itself had good moments but overall was disappointing. I also thought they wasted the awesome "My name is Oliver Queen!" line way too early. The flashbacks never clicked this season either even though I really did like the Yamashiros. I assume Oliver will probably end up in Russia next season anyway.

It was a decent finale, not amazing like some of the previous finales/premieres, but good enough.

I'm not so sure about him surrendering himself to not contacting his family etc in flashback world. I wasn't that keen on him being in HK in the first place, it doesn't tie in with the way he sought rescue at the beginning of the show to me. I hope he is forcibly stranded back on the island for a good patch leading up to that.

Also why bother with the whole retirement idea? We know he'll come out of it. Just like when they "killed" him midseason, it's one of those pointless cliffhangers because you know it won't stick, or there'd be no show.

Action sequences were impressive, CG a bit rough around the edges but ok. I think Supergirl is going to show the CW up on that front. Flash awesome as ever. Thea is pretty great as Speedy, too :) Felicity looked stupid in that Atom outfit though :p

I'm pretty excited for what Season 4 could be, the show is at a pretty fresh beginning at this point, I have no idea what's next. I'd really appreciate if going forward any Season 4 information was clearly wrapped up in spoiler tags!

I really liked the finale, had some good set pieces and wrapped things up nicely although

Think Ra's is dead, i'd expect him to be alive, he seemed to die too quickly in that fight

Felicity in the Atom suit looked so very wrong, like the Yellow Power Ranger wrong where the original super sentai scenes ere a guy and the helmet came off during reshoots to reveal a woman bad

Speedy seemed really awesome, although that needless squat drop from the ledge looked awkward

the actor who played Dhark's rep was killed too soon, he makes a good villain and has on a great many shows

Not sure how they'll get Oliver back, hopefully he returns to starling to regain his company, mentors the others for some episodes before being forced into action, i hope they don't needlessly have him attacked while on his "honeymoon", i mean he did attack Dhark's men and if he's anything like the league he won't let it go unavenged i'd suspect, so theres avenues there for a darker story line to bring him back

Diggle needs an identity, its been mentioned loads! please first episode have him have a flash back, have him be adopted or his mothers maiden name used to be Stewart, bite that bullet CW have the courage

I'm pretty excited for what Season 4 could be, the show is at a pretty fresh beginning at this point, I have no idea what's next. I'd really appreciate if going forward any Season 4 information was clearly wrapped up in spoiler tags!

Tag season four information fine but what about speculation not tied to any spoilers (eg "I think Oliver will lose his HK beanie and everyone will realise it's a bad wig underneath")?

Felicity in the Atom suit looked so very wrong, like the Yellow Power Ranger wrong where the original super sentai scenes ere a guy and the helmet came off during reshoots to reveal a woman bad

To be fair the suit was built for a 6'3" man. Not a 5'5" woman.

So damn cool. He should have the hood down from time to time, too.

Looks great, right out of Sorrentino and Lemire's recent run (Which I recommend to everyone).

Green_Arrow_Vol_5_17_Textless.jpg

I think it looks pretty shit. Way too over the top and more akin to the 90s era of comic books where designs were very much "more is more". I like the more subtle costumer that he currently has. It fits in with the darker side of the show, and with the character's feelings of trying to right the wrongs of his father, and do good for his city, rather than trying to go for fame and glory.

This costume is more akin to the lighthearted and cliched direction the show has recently taken, which I'm not a fan of at all (seriously I wish Felicity would just die). I'm not particularly looking forward to season 4. I've found the show is losing its edge and becoming very bland; just like any other comic book show.

I for one am shocked at that title reveal. SHOCKED.

Stephen Amell aka Oliver Queen/The Arrow entering the WWE Ring at Summerslam! He better be dressed in his Arrow gear for his entrance

[TWEET]631211617859059712[/TWEET]

I'm so pleased!!

Possible precursor to a season 2? Amell did say he would guest on the show if it got renewed.

I hope we get to hear a version of this in arrow:

Possible precursor to a season 2? Amell did say he would guest on the show if it got renewed.

Hmm, I wonder if they can use Constantine to replace Supernatural.

I know the feel of the show is completely different, but I can't see the channel running both, and Supernatural really needs to end.

Edited by Cube

Would love it but seriously doubt it.

I know the feel of the show is completely different, but I can't see the channel running both, and Supernatural really needs to end.

Supertnatural – as much as I love it – seriously needs to end. It kind of did its thing for the first five seasons and then has floofed about.