N-Europe

Assassin's Creed III

EEVILMURRAY

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread seems so over due in a Nintendo forum.

Fixed! :p

From the front page...

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=16825

The newest entry in Ubisoft's popular franchise is confirmed for Wii U.

The Game Developers Conference has kicked off in San Francisco and Ubisoft has taken the opportunity to unveil Assassins Creed III and confirm that it is in development for Wii U.

The title is set against the backdrop of the American Revolution in the 18th Century and places players in the role of Ratohnhaké:ton, a man of Native American and English heritage. He adopts the name Connor and becomes a key figure in the ancient war between Assassins and Templars.

Assassins Creed III has been in development for over 3 years and is Ubisoft's largest project to date. Chief Executive Officer of Ubisoft Yves Guillemot described the title as the franchise's "most expansive setting so far" and promised "exponentially more gameplay".

The announcement trailer, which does not contain in-game footage, can be viewed below. Expect more details about the Wii U version in the coming months.

cant wait for this game,

i will get all the new games for my WII-U

i still haven't played zelda Skyward, i will wait till the Wii U comes out then i will buy that game,

i hope they bring shenmue to the WII-U, that is really a dream game i want,

furthermore i hope nintendo has a Strong line up with games,

i want Mario for launch, and i hope they bring F-zero, mario kart , starfox, and a Kid icarus in HD (but not at launch) :P

It's going to take some hard resistance to not get this and Darksiders II for my 360.

This probably won't be as hard not to get for the 360, as it's scheduled to be out on October 31st so it will probably be near the release of the Wii U. Darksiders II, however, is out in June, right?

It's going to take some hard resistance to not get this and Darksiders II for my 360.
I can see this game being able to come up with gameplay/unique modes for the Wii U controller more than I can Darksiders II.

The Wii U version has the potential to be the most fun version of the game... though whether that actually becomes reality, we'll have to wait and hear/see more and what hey do with it.

EDIT:

Infact, as was posted in the Wii U thread by @byranee

The touch screen will be used for the game’s ‘Eagle Vision’ and will also display a persistent map. Fast-switching weapons will also be handled with the touch screen and there will be an interactive database to browse through. Finally, some puzzles will be implemented, which you’ll have to solve using the touch screen.
Hopefully there'll be some multiplayer modes that support it in unique ways too! Edited by Retro_Link

This probably won't be as hard not to get for the 360, as it's scheduled to be out on October 31st so it will probably be near the release of the Wii U. Darksiders II, however, is out in June, right?

But the fact remains now I actually have a 360 in my house now.

But the fact remains now I actually have a 360 in my house now.

I'd wait until you see some reviews. AC might look and actually play better on the Wii U. Not to mention, who would you rather be stabbing in the face in multiplayer? People on Live or on NN?

Having multiplatform games for PS3, Xbox and now Wii U is going to make this forum a lot more complicated than it was. There'll be two conversations going on for the same game, one in here, the other in the Other Consoles board, and it won't be like the spoiler and spoiler free SS topics where it was necessary to have two threads.

It'll be the same if GTAV comes out for Wii U as well...

I'd wait until you see some reviews. AC might look and actually play better on the Wii U. Not to mention, who would you rather be stabbing in the face in multiplayer? People on Live or on NN?

Unless I get another cable coming through the roof in the living room my online opinion will remain the same - I don't give a shit. :awesome:

• 3 weeks later...
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/122/1221572p1.html

Assassin's Creed Wii U Information

Multiple uses detailed for Nintendo's new controller.

The first details about how Assassin's Creed 3 will play on Wii U have been reported.

The latest issue of Nintendo Power (via NintenGen) describes how the Wii U's touch screen controller will function as a link to the Animus, the futuristic piece of technology that provides series protagonist Desmond access to the memories of his ancestors.

It will also serve as a map and a navigation tool, potentially allowing players to enjoy the game without an intrusive HUD.

While playing the game, pertinent Animus details will appear on the controller's screen. And it will also serve as a kind of organic encyclopaedia, providing biographies of the game's many historical characters.

The touch screen will also let players select weapons during combat. And if that wasn't enough, it can also be used to access 'Eagle Vision' - the heightened state of perception accessible to all assassin's - with the controller's in-built accelerometer letting players manipulate the camera.

newac6.jpg

newac4.jpg

newac5.jpg

newac3.jpg

newac.jpg

newac2.jpg

Sounding really good! and looks amazing!

This will be my first Assassins Creed game, but the controller news, combined with the latest (360/PS3) screens, has me pretty much sold on the Wii U version.

I just hope they find some way to bring people who haven't played the rest of the series up to speed... especially as Ubisoft have said this game is very much a 'back to basics'/refresh.

I've just seen on Eurogamer about the myriad of releases. 3 special editions is way too much especially when they have different bonus content on them meaning you'd still have to buy two of them to get all the content at launch. Do doubt it will be sold for DLC later on but I'm going to miss the days of buying a game and knowing what's on the disc is everything I'll ever need.

Wonder how the WII U release will be handled - will it get the same segregation of extras or will they perhaps reduce the SKUs to make it easier for people wondering what version to get on release.

Those screens do look nice, then again the previous games looked nice too, but I think the none city sections will help to give the game a bit move variety visually. That second screen Retro posted looks gorgeous.

Yeah thats right @Captain Falcon you narrowminded Nintendo fanboy you!

It's not like I don't dabble outside Nintendo games. I have a couple of PC and Xbox 360 games too but my Nintendo devices are normally where most of the action is so I never think about it too much. But now Nintendo are hopping on the DLC bandwagon and have started pumping out a few more special editions lately too but at least they only come with physical tat, for now.

I guess it could be worse - it could be like the Batman:AC farce, where every retailer in the land has their own special edition.

Edited by Captain Falcon

I guess it could be worse - it could be like the Batman:AC farce, where every retailer in the land has their own special edition.

Mass Effect 3:

- Important character only with Collectors Edition or Day-1 £7ish DLC

- Additional Collector's Edition content.

- DLC with art book.

- DLC with figurine.

- DLC with action figures.

- DLC from playing a demo for another game.

- DLC with some console armour thing.

- Exclusive DLC from owning Battlefield 3.

- Exclusive DLC with headset/mouse/mousepad/keyboard/bag/iphone case.

- Some retailer-specific DLC.

- Online Pass for Multiplayer only for new copies.

- iPhone game (which slightly affects the game).

- iPad app (which slightly affects the game).

Edited by Cube

• 1 month later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!