NEurope
flameboy

GAME Group what next?

Surely it will also have a knock-on effect that nobody will want to place any pre-orders with them?

Dear oh dear, and EA couldn't see past financial difficulties for this

Well it depends how you look at it. Personally I don't think this will hurt EA's sales in the slightest because let's face it, everyone who wants ME3 will find a way to buy it. And no one who wants it would blink at buying online and those that would will still see it in Tescos.

@Cube - Very interesting and potentially important point. Can a customer who has been let down buy this ever trust Game to have the stock in? I've never trusted them to have enough stock in as soon as their preorders stopped really being preorders.

I just thought how badly it would have affected me as a kid. I couldn't buy stuff online without a card, and my parents never would do it for me as they dont trust it (shocking, i know).

I just thought how badly it would have affected me as a kid. I couldn't buy stuff online without a card, and my parents never would do it for me as they dont trust it (shocking, i know).

Oh man, I remember those times, there's still family members who don't even trust chip and pin never mind ordering from the internet.

One of my uncles finally caved in. He used to give me the money for games he wanted on PSN that I would buy with my card. He finally made the plunge into actually buying something off the internet last year and it was about $2000 for Wrestlemania.

Ah well, to the future we go! It's nothing but super markets, pound shops and publishers pushing their luck.

I was in GAME earlier and heard them telling a couple of customers that they weren't going to be getting the new Mario Party in. It was kinda sad, really...

It's like Special Reserve all over again.

:(

I was in GAME earlier and heard them telling a couple of customers that they weren't going to be getting the new Mario Party in. It was kinda sad, really...

My local game still has a count up clock up for mario party and the screen is just blank :(

My local game still has a count up clock up for mario party and the screen is just blank :(

Perhaps they havn't got enough money to take it down.

OXM have an artical up about what GAME can do to try and get back on their feet.

It's like Special Reserve all over again.

:(

OMG I used to love Special Reserve...I remember buying so many Amiga games off them.

I firmly believe this is the real reason GAME are closing down:

2012-03-03.png

</shamelessplug>

GAME will be stocking copies of Mass Effect 3 at some point next week...................................................Pre-owned!!!! :laughing:

I guess they won't be stocking Kid Icarus either? *sigh*
Why are you shopping at GAME anyway man?? Order it online, get it faster, cheaper and without leaving your house.

Why are you shopping at GAME anyway man?? Order it online, get it faster, cheaper and without leaving your house.

I dunno, i quite liked popping in after school/work and picking up a game i had pre-ordered. I'm a big sentimental softie. Ordering online is so heartless and unmemorable. Such is the future.

I dunno, i quite liked popping in after school/work and picking up a game i had pre-ordered. I'm a big sentimental softie. Ordering online is so heartless and unmemorable. Such is the future.

Kinda on the same boat. Midnight launches at GAME were always pretty fun.

I know ordering online means the game could arrive a day or 2 earlier than launch, But I did enjoy the launches of GTA4, Halo 3 the Nintendo DS...

DS was especially memorable as we were queueing up having pokemon battles with random people in the queue.

I did the midnight launch for the GC, it wasn't much fun, to be honest. I went with a mate and there were a bunch of chavs waiting outside the Broad Street Mall who were staring daggers at us. Turns out they were waiting too. Then when we got to queueing, I had to buy an RF Cable because my old 14" was... Old and 14". It added another tender onto something like £250 with three games and a memory unit. Plus the taxi ride home. Then I got back, started playing Luigi's Mansion at about 1:30, had it finished by 4:30 and dragged myself into the stor for an exchange. Bought an extra two controllers only to find that all the guys in my corridor were away for the weekend, except the guy who smelled bad.

Yeah, and to be honest, the launch line up wasn't that good. The whole thing was only memorable because... It was unremarkable. Then when I worked there I managed to get out of all the midnight launches - San Andreas, Wind Waker, the DS. We never really were allowed to make anything of the launches, nor were we in a nice area so it was always dodgy getting home. The manager always got the people who lived within walking distance to do them.

GAME directors consider pulling the plug

Shows just how bad the company affairs are, really. Without a turnaround of major publisher support, they're fucked.

Wow.

I went to Stevenage today, they've got two GAME stores a few hundred metres apart. Neither had the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. I'm doomed to never get rid of this fucking £20 gift card.

Is the Government not going to bail them out then, Northern Rock style?

Why would we want to own GAME??, thats what will happen if they bail them out.

And, i now think my prediction of a month before they shut is on course.

Edited by Jimbob

Wow.

I went to Stevenage today, they've got two GAME stores a few hundred metres apart. Neither had the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. I'm doomed to never get rid of this fucking £20 gift card.

I'll buy it off you for £5 :)

I firmly believe this is the real reason GAME are closing down:

2012-03-03.png

</shamelessplug>

yeah that doesn't help

Can't say i'm surprised they are thinking of pulling the plug, what would they do otherwise? wait until only stock from 1 publisher is being supplied? "welcome to GAME we only stock activision"

This has just gone from hilarious, to sad, to hilarious again. Now they're not stocking Asura's Wrath or Street Fighter X Tekken! :laughing:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/game-not-stocking-street-fighter-x-tekken-and-asura-s-wrath/092246

Capcom's Street Fighter X Tekken and Asura's Wrath will not be available from GAME or Gamestation.

Both were scheduled for release this Friday on March 9th.

It is the latest in a string of blockbusters not stocked by the High Street chain, including Mass Effect 3, Mario Party 9, The Last Story and FIFA Street.

GAME has lost credit insurance with suppliers following a poor Christmas.

It has been given some support by its banks, but has had to negotiate better credit deals with its suppliers.

The company has failed to secure better terms with Nintendo, EA and now Capcom.

Both Street Fighter and Asura's Wrath will be available at HMV, Play.com, Amazon.co.uk, Shopto.net, The Hut, leading independent retailers and supermarkets.

No decision has yet been made on Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, which launches on March 23rd.

"Unfortunately Capcom must confirm that Street Fighter x Tekken for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and Asura’s Wrath, both scheduled for release on Friday March 9, will not be stocked by GAME or gamestation either in their retail outlets or on their online stores operating in the UK and Ireland," a Capcom spokesperson told MCV.

"Capcom wants to reassure its consumers that both these titles, including the Special Edition of Street Fighter X Tekken, will be available at a wide variety of retailers across the UK and Ireland. For those consumers who have already placed a deposit for a pre-order for any of these titles then a full refund will be available – please contact your local GAME or Gamestation shop or visit the online stores."

Are they even going to be stocking anything new from this point on?

Why would we want to own GAME??, thats what will happen if they bail them out.

And, i now think my prediction of a month before they shut is on course.

Dammit! I gave them 2 months! I can't lose face like this :shakehead

Edited by Dcubed

That probably means they wont be stocking Operation Raccoon City either.