NEurope
flameboy

GAME Group what next?

Just got an e-mail from them saying they aren't getting Kid Icarus and they cancelled my order.

I only really know of GAME, CEX and HMV in the town centre. Are there any other shops I'm missing then?

I went into GAME yesterday but there was absolutely nothing of interest there. The same crap games that were on display before, and the games that were there weren't really discounted by much. =(

Game, Gamestation, CEX and HMV...with HMV downsizing and Game dying, that just leaves CEX...nowhere else will have games. The Tesco in town doesn't do any. Closest place is Asda by the train station

Edited by Serebii

Game, Gamestation, CEX and HMV...with HMV downsizing and Game dying, that just leaves CEX...nowhere else will have games

Unless you reside in the glorious north of course, in which case you have Grainger Games :heh:

Game, Gamestation, CEX and HMV...with HMV downsizing and Game dying, that just leaves CEX...nowhere else will have games. The Tesco in town doesn't do any. Closest place is Asda by the train station

Oh yeah I keep forgetting Gamestation is further along from GAME haha.

Asda's game selection isn't anything great, Jim and I have a look there every time we shop. None of the newest games (at least not for Wii/DS/3DS) and the prices are crap too heh.

Actually you should still be able to get your gaming fix at Woolworths or Zavvi.

Actually you should still be able to get your gaming fix at Woolworths or Zavvi.

If I'm honest I prefer to browse Our Price.

I only really know of GAME, CEX and HMV in the town centre. Are there any other shops I'm missing then?

I went into GAME yesterday but there was absolutely nothing of interest there. The same crap games that were on display before, and the games that were there weren't really discounted by much. =(

Don't forget Cash Converters!

I hate places like CEX (I say "hate" but I still use them). Pre-owned games are so filthy so whole stores dedicated to them are unsettling.

Bought a 120gb slim PS3 from GAME today, with the move started kit, all second hand but in mint condition... for £145!! The console was £130 and move was £15. Bargain!

Still, the reason behind these deals is a damn shame! I hope GAME pull through, but I don't see it happening to be honest... :(

Nooooooooooooooo Game has took of PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond and Kid Icarus: Uprising on the site does that mean there not getting them in I hope my Game store got them

Nooooooooooooooo Game has took of PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond and Kid Icarus: Uprising on the site does that mean there not getting them in I hope my Game store got them

Yeah I wouldn't count on new games ever coming to GAME given its situation. Games online are cheaper anyway.

They aren't stocking them, you'll have to get them somewhere else.

Yeah I wouldn't count on new games ever coming to GAME given its situation. Games online are cheaper anyway.

Yeah but I need to get my games at the shops because I need Pink puzzle pices

Pink Puzzle Pieces?

You don't have a choice, I'm afraid. Order it online, and get it earlier and cheaper :)

Pink Puzzle Pieces?

You don't have a choice, I'm afraid. Order it online, and get it earlier and cheaper :)

Yeah I go in Game to get my games and then go in gamestation and get my Pink Puzzle Pieces but no game not got the games I go to gamestation and get my Pink Puzzle Pieces and get my Pokepark 2 and Kid Icarus: Uprising from HMV

You can buy games online for cheaper, and walk to GAME/Gamestation whenever you want.

Looks like a couple of buyers may be on the cards. Both Walmart and OpCapita are looking into snapping GAME up.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/exclusive-walmart-preparing-game-swoop/092756

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/opcapita-tables-game-buyout-offer/092758

The most exciting bit about that is that they say there is a possibility gamestation may also be sold....YES bring competition back to the high street.

Looks like a couple of buyers may be on the cards. Both Walmart and OpCapita are looking into snapping GAME up.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/exclusive-walmart-preparing-game-swoop/092756

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/opcapita-tables-game-buyout-offer/092758

Hmm, very interesting. OpCapita seem to be most interested from what i've read. But they own Comet, and they are heading the same way. But slower.

Like flameboy mentioned, if they sell off Gamestation and it remains on the high street as well as GAME, we get the competition back. And thats what i would love to see, a return to the old days. Where you could fob one off with the others prices to get the better deal.

Yeah I go in Game to get my games and then go in gamestation and get my Pink Puzzle Pieces but no game not got the games I go to gamestation and get my Pink Puzzle Pieces and get my Pokepark 2 and Kid Icarus: Uprising from HMV

Oh yeah! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Selling off Gamestation separately!

we could have the old days of competition keeping prices down! This is excellent news! i hope the deals go through and staff retain Jobs!

Game sent me a e-mail saying they aren't getting Kid Icarus and PokePark 2 and they cancelled both of my orders

I see GAME are selling this

429121_197613237014438_100002972905530_311700_1820722604_n.jpg

Took this earlier, posted it on me facebook earlier.