N-Europe

Pokemon Black & White 2

Debug Mode

Just got my copy from LAME along with a strategy guide. I took my copy of Black in aswell incase they were still distributing and they were. Keldeo Get!

Going to start with Tepig this time round but as soon as i can i'm going to ditch him, ill pretend Keldeo is my starter. I wanna do things a little bit different this time around, no catching the first Pidgey-Like pokemon and adding it to my team first, no siree. I'm going to rotate a team of 12 in and out of my party constantly. It might slow the game down but it will help me start exploring and discovering new things in every area if i stem my progress with this method.

Cant wait :bouncy:

HMV are doing these games for a fiver if you, like me, never played much of Black or White and would be okay trading them in toward the newer versions.

I was going to say you will miss out on the Memory link feature, and other extras you get from linking both games.

But guess if you didn't invest much time/completion in either of the 1st versions it makes little difference.

Got this yesterday but only stated tonight after work. My official strategy guide arrived today :)

Question - in B&W you could encounter Audino in the shaking grass which gave you loads of EXP when you battled it to help level up. Is the little critter still knocking around in B&W2 for me to use and abuse for sweet sweet exp?

Because I've got all the Pokémon bar Meloetta on my copy of Black now, I'm not that interested in hunting and catching on Black 2, or even building a team out of the ones you find early on in the game, so I've decided to handpick some of my favourite Gen V Pokémon that I haven't used before for Black 2. I rushed to get to the bit where you can trade eggs between games, so my team now consists of Joltik, Ferroseed, Keldeo, Rufflet, Solosis and Drilbur. Just trying to get them up to a decent level to continue the game now!

Because I've got all the Pokémon bar Meloetta on my copy of Black now, I'm not that interested in hunting and catching on Black 2, or even building a team out of the ones you find early on in the game, so I've decided to handpick some of my favourite Gen V Pokémon that I haven't used before for Black 2. I rushed to get to the bit where you can trade eggs between games, so my team now consists of Joltik, Ferroseed, Keldeo, Rufflet, Solosis and Drilbur. Just trying to get them up to a decent level to continue the game now!

You may want to reconsider that

http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/dexcompletion.shtml

Some spoilers ;)

This totally escaped my radar until now. Just ordered it online so hopefully will have it by Tuesday.

Are the starters the same as the previous games? And whats this linking thing?

Starters are Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott, yes

The Memory Link feature is a cool way to link your Black/White game with these new ones. It unlocks a variety of features including flashbacks to give history, special Pokémon to catch, certain trainers to battle (with teams from your game) and mentions of your Black/White character around the region. Also, if you have any trophies/certificates from BW, they will appear in that character's room in Nuvema Town

http;//www.serebii.net/black2white2/memorylink.shtml

I was wondering the other night, if you caught Pokemon in your first ever game of red and blue, is it possible that they could have been transferred all the way through to black and white 2 using trading and so forth. It would be pretty cool if so, imagine having that same charizard in your team that you picked way back in '96

I was wondering the other night, if you caught Pokemon in your first ever game of red and blue, is it possible that they could have been transferred all the way through to black and white 2 using trading and so forth. It would be pretty cool if so, imagine having that same charizard in your team that you picked way back in '96

Unfortunately not. When Ruby & Sapphire came out, everything got drastically changed, engine wise, so the games were no longer compatible with past ones.

You can start from Fire Red/Leaf Green (the remakes of Red/Blue) and transfer them across every generation of Pokemon game (FR/LG-R/S/E-HG/SS-D/P/P-B&W-B&W2) but not from the original GB/GBC games sadly.

BTW, is it me or is the game rather story light in comparison to all the other games? (Just got the 4th badge)

I was hoping to see more of N's backstory and what he's up to. I hope that they shed some further light on him and Ghestis' story later on...

BTW, the gym leaders certainly don't screw around this time! I thought I was over levelled at this point - turns out that the 4th gym leader was 6 levels above my highest level Pokemon!

Edited by Dcubed

BTW, the gym leaders certainly don't screw around this time! I thought I was over levelled at this point - turns out that the 4th gym leader was 6 levels above my highest level Pokemon!

Really? My Snivy pissed all over Cheren, who did nothing but Work Up all match. Hopefully things will pick up.

To be fair, the only Pokémon I've been using is Snivy, with Genesect on the one occasion where Snivy fainted. I did try catching a Psyduck for my water type but it fainted after a critical hit :(

Got this game yesterday and am loving it so far. Picked Snivy as my starter as there are plenty of other decent water and fire types. Currently searching for a Growlithe as I've always wanted an Arcanine in my squad. Trying to find a water type to train...half tempted to try and get someone to send me over a totodile or something.

Out of interest, when can I come across Eevee?

Stupid White. Picked up White 2 yesterday for the grand price of £0 (traded a few titles in), i go to sync my White save to my White 2 title and it says "Game Sync ran out of energy, needs 1 day to recharge". It would seem i need to wait until 5pm Sunday to be able to Sync my White game to the servers to be able to sync it to White 2.

Hopefully

Got this game yesterday and am loving it so far. Picked Snivy as my starter as there are plenty of other decent water and fire types. Currently searching for a Growlithe as I've always wanted an Arcanine in my squad. Trying to find a water type to train...half tempted to try and get someone to send me over a totodile or something.

Out of interest, when can I come across Eevee?

Just before the third gym

Stupid White. Picked up White 2 yesterday for the grand price of £0 (traded a few titles in), i go to sync my White save to my White 2 title and it says "Game Sync ran out of energy, needs 1 day to recharge". It would seem i need to wait until 5pm Sunday to be able to Sync my White game to the servers to be able to sync it to White 2.

Hopefully

It doesn't matter when you do it really so don't worry

I'm up to Castelia City, been fun so far. My team is currently Dewott, Purrloin, Genesect, Magnemite and Tornadus. I think I'll try sticking with them for the rest of the game, I just need to get a good HM slave now. :smile:

I've been using the global trade a bit and already got a really dodgy looking trade. Someone from Japan sent me a shiny Clefairy, I'd say the chances it is legit are slim to none. It's ashame there isn't a 'refuse trade' option, I'd rather keep my game totally clean. :hmm: