Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Adverts that blow 2006

EEVILMURRAY

Slightly early I know but spin on it. This has been pissing me off too much in a short space of time and must be exploded forward in a wave of bitching.

PC World advert, a computer which is "incredible for that price" sporting a "huge" 60gig harddrive [bollocks] And we all know Pc World staff don't tell you to go for the cheapest, the commission hungry bells take you right to the top of the range, because the cheap stuff [the really good stuff on the ads] is soon to become obsolete.

j00r turn.

haha i so agree with the pc world ad, most of the electrical retailers are like that. they make me angry ¬_¬

fake ads like life insurance and these debt payment schemes. And QVC the 24-hour advertisement channel. but it makes me laugh watching these idiots trying to sell crap :D

90% of ads make me cross to tell you the truth. But i like the mens perfume/aftershave? ad where theres a naked man :D wahey!

I see your PC World ads, and raise you the recent Hallmark ad, or some occasion card.

Basically, this guy gets this card for his Mom for getting this new job, and it all gets mushy and all. I mean, it's so painful to watch. People don't want to watch that in advert breaks, and neither the cringe-worthy line "nice to talk like this, with me and the door."

Also, why do they need to advertise cards. Surely that's one of the few things where advertising does not have an affect, for example, when was the last time you were looking for a card and said, "This is pretty nice, but its not made by Hallmark, so no." They might be advertising a shop full of their cards, but I've yet to see that on the street.

And also by the look of the controller, the kid is playing a Gamecube. Surely he knows gamecubes are for kids. (I kid, I kid).

fake ads like life insurance and these debt payment schemes.

To reference Lee Evans from his XL tour

These people you see on the adverts are stupid, they're going to have accidents! 'One Day I set up my ladders as usual. And I started to climb'.. He's a carpet fitter! 'Oh I walking into work one day and slipped up accidentally on purpose. We got five grand and went to Magaluf'

M&S food. It tastes like nasty. And the ladies voice is annoying, and the entire advert is just plain crap...

Hey! That ad is very lovely! I've never had M&S food before, but god, you can't say that ad is bad! Although, I guess you are a woman... but meh, everyone should find that sexy... or maybe just me :hmm:

I wish Offerman was here

I think her voice would be sexy advertising underwear or something, but not M&S food. Thats wrong.

Since you mentioned the sexy voice I have to mention Lee Evans again. He mentions the sexy voice used on SatNavs

"Turn Left"

turnleft.jpg

"Fucking right love!"

frlove.jpg

"Straight up"

'Urrrrgh!'

straightup.jpg

New smug American PSP commercials

http://gameads.gamepressure.com/tv_...rcials.asp?S=25

The announcer's lazy, half-assed voice at the end of these commercials make me want to carpet bomb Sony

Wow that really is just mind boggingly bad. At least Nintendos awful adverts are funny like the mario sunshine one.

hahahaha just found the best advert ever! Sorry to detract from this thread Murray but I had to share, I think you will find its worthy of a shabba!

http://gameads.gamepressure.com/tv_game_commercial.asp?ID=3499

Gensis DOES!

Slightly early I know but spin on it. This has been pissing me off too much in a short space of time and must be exploded forward in a wave of bitching.

PC World advert, a computer which is "incredible for that price" sporting a "huge" 60gig harddrive [bollocks] And we all know Pc World staff don't tell you to go for the cheapest, the commission hungry bells take you right to the top of the range, because the cheap stuff [the really good stuff on the ads] is soon to become obsolete.

j00r turn.

You know you shouldn't use the "[" and "]" brackets unless it's within a quote.

M&S food. It tastes like nasty. And the ladies voice is annoying, and the entire advert is just plain crap...

This isn't just shite. This is M&S shite.

firstly, the sony store advert is shit, any advert by sony, is shit (now i mean)

and secondly

get me my knitting...WHAT...get me my knitting...WHAT

SITTING

SHE SAID KNITTING

fuck off

More Sony for your money. Isn't exactly a positive advertisement is it?

And agreed on the last point.

And while were at it:

PC with 15" monitor

Now only £599

Thats a PC with monitor at £599, our lowest ever price.

Now with HT technology and a FUCKING MASSIVE 20gb Hard Drive.

At our lowest price. Now only £599, thats £599.

"I'll take one now"

Only £599, instore and out.

shut up

New smug American PSP commercials

http://gameads.gamepressure.com/tv_games_commercials.asp?S=25

The announcer's lazy, half-assed voice at the end of these commercials make me want to carpet bomb Sony

Which one do i click on? I jsut got a list of psp ads...

I bloody hate the ads for stupid bloody girls toys.

Here girls, grow up to cake yourself in make up, looking good is all that's important in life, so buy barbie with clothes designed by gucci and run your parents broke!

Sheila's Wheels.

'Nuff said.

I totally agree, this is the 2nd company 've seen ads for that only let women join up. Men have none, though i can't exactly drive, what would the women's rights activists be saying if they were for men?

And Ashley, thats jsut taking little bit out of what i said, i'm not bothered the fact that thy're for girl's toys, it's the message they put across. With the girls wearing sooo much glitter make-up and fake nails, it's not what we want girls of the future to be like is it?

Chances are they won't turn up like that. I'd say all my female friends probably played with those dolls and such when they were young and none wear glitter make up and slap on the eyeliner now. Its the media-influence debate all over again and I think the idea that the media has a direct effect is ignorant.

Anyway. Gotta say that the Now TWICM Quiz DVD ad is annoying me. Sure its got "Laura" in it which rocks, but I've seen it three times while waiting for my food to cook.