NEurope
Wesley

Netflix

Is media hint working for anyone else? I was just about to continue watching Haven but I seem to be stuck with Norwegian content now.

Not used it in a while, i'll have a look at get back to you.

It's working now, it was either the browser or the computer that needed a restart as it worked when I turned it on this morning. But thanks.

Mediahint is blocked for me now. Is there anything else out there that still works? Must be for browsers as I don't have control over the router. I'm fine with subscription services.

Mediahint is blocked for me now. Is there anything else out there that still works? Must be for browsers as I don't have control over the router. I'm fine with subscription services.

https://unlocator.com/ is pretty good and it gives you a free trial too. You need to change the DNS codes in your network settings but you don't need access to your router to do so, you just go into your system settings.

Unblocker didn't work for me either. They got the same problem as Mediahint. I guess Netflix is really cracking down hard on this.

Anyway, Marco Polo starts again tomorrow. Really been looking forward to this.

I thought Stranger things was pretty good. The only thing against it in my opinion that it sometimes feels a bit too much of an amalgamation of things you've already seen before, but apart from that, I'm loving it. The atmosphere, the feeling of adventure, the soundtrack. The kids are great too. Looking forward to season 2.

Just watched the first episode of Stranger Things.

It was good. Will definitely watch some more of this. The soundtrack is awesome :D

Been watching the Netflix original, Bloodline. Pretty good series and the second one only just came out so loads of episodes of it too.

Been watching the Netflix original, Bloodline. Pretty good series and the second one only just came out so loads of episodes of it too.

Just watched the pilot yesterday. Really wasn't sure what to think. For a pilot I thought it was terribly weak, very muddy story and pretty poor narrative. I'll give it a chance but you usually expect the pilot episode to be one of the strong episodes of a series.

I'm enjoying Stranger Things so far, four episodes in. It's completely unoriginal, but still really engrossing it's like an amalgam of 'Freaks & Geeks', 'Close Encounters' and 'Poltergeist' among others. The score for it is pretty good, but the use of popular music in it is pretty lazy though.

Just watched the pilot yesterday. Really wasn't sure what to think. For a pilot I thought it was terribly weak, very muddy story and pretty poor narrative. I'll give it a chance but you usually expect the pilot episode to be one of the strong episodes of a series.

It gets better the more you get into it. We've got 2 episodes left out of 13 and the last 3-4 have been gripping.

Watched the Stranger Things season finale just now. It was awesome.

Really loved the series. Looking forward to season two (which Netflix boss said would be "dumb" not to do) : peace:

Oh my days is that Winona Ryder why has nobody told me she is in it!! I fucking love her! I keep hearing people talk about it being good but I haven't bothered getting into it, but I think it's just jumped up to the top of my Netflix list now :p

I finished Stranger Things yesterday, really enjoyed it. However, I do not need a second season at all. To me, the story is finished and the setting explored enough.

I finished Orange is the New Black just now. The last two episodes of S4 are awesome but overall, I thought the show was hit and miss. Enjoyable though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Anyone else here getting down with The Get Down? I know a few of us discussed it a bit at the meet - got started on it Weds to show my mate and I'm absolutely hooked. Halfway through episode 5 right now - was gonna do some work and Netflix cos I'm so behind but I felt like I gotta give this thing my whole attention. Will definitely finish it within the next few hours!

I've been looking forward to it for a long time, but haven't started it yet.. I'll go check it out next month probably, when I'll start my Netflix backlog. I haven't even finished Orange is the new black yet.

Well I'm quite bad at Netflix generally - I haven't even started Orange Is the New Black! Naturally finished The Get Down yesterday - there's only 6 episodes and I think that makes only about 6-7 hours to get through, but I just couldn't stop. If you like Hip Hop, Disco, or NYC(especially back in those days) - I'd say to check it out. It isn't necessarily too music heavy, but it's got a good and occasionally stylized story against the background of it. Felt that all the acting talent was pretty great, too.

Only sad thing is it's only like half the first series from my understanding - so you may be left hankering for a bit more!

The Get Down is on my to watch list. From the trailer I watched, I thought it looked interesting and it was one of the reasons I sorted out a Netflix account the other week. But as I've started a few other bits and pieces, I'm going to work through those but hopefully I'll get a chance to sit down and watch it some time this week.

Started watching F is for Family over the weekend and although I've only got an episode or two left, I'm really enjoying it. It's nicely scratching that itch for something that's Family Guy/American Dad-esque but isn't those. It's not as over the top as those two but it finds a happy medium between them and say King of the Hill with the swearing of South Park thrown in. Wasn't sure what to expect from it but it's a good watch and hopefully with an expanded second series (still only 10 episodes), it'll spread its wings a bit more as I think it's a pretty strong animated sitcom running alongside its contemporaries.

Also gave Jessica Jones a watch. Only 2 episodes in an know nothing of the comics but enjoying it so far, more so because although Jessica and Luke have these powers, it doesn't feel like it's heavily comic book-y. Interested to see more of David Tennant's character but from the little bits I've gleamed about it so far, who better to play him than Tennant as he has a knack for playing those slightly malevolent, creepy characters extremely well.

So yeah, I'd say my investment in Netflix so far has been worth it as I'm enjoying the originals I've watched (Master of None and Stranger Things on top of the ones mentioned here) and looking forward to exploring more of them.

I've been thinking of the most standout shows I've seen over the last year and the vast majority have been on netflix. That special sauce..

Has anyone checked this out?

maxresdefault.jpg

Pretty amazingly shot documentary, very much a non-fiction Friday Night Lights.

More importantly, has anyone checked out Bojack Horseman? It's unbelieveably good. Can't believe that a show that looks like this hits me with so much feels.

latest?cb=20150720150849

Haha absoloutely. One day soon one of you is going to stumble across the thumbnail, go 'THAT'S the show that DanLikesTrees was banging on about', then watch it, and come on here and tell me just how right I was.

48983671.cached.jpg