NEurope
Wesley

Netflix

All 6 series of Still Game are now on Netflix. I would highly recommend you watch this BBC Scotland sitcom. It's about 2 pensioners living in Glasgow and their daily antics.

I realise it's not for everyone and some people might struggle with the accents and the sense of humour but if you have half an hour to kill give the first episode a go and see what you think. Most people in Scotland rate it as one of the best sitcoms ever made.

There's also a new series after a very long break starting this Friday at 9:30pm on BBC 1, broadcast across the whole of the UK.

All 6 series of Still Game are now on Netflix. I would highly recommend you watch this BBC Scotland sitcom. It's about 2 pensioners living in Glasgow and their daily antics.

I realise it's not for everyone and some people might struggle with the accents and the sense of humour but if you have half an hour to kill give the first episode a go and see what you think. Most people in Scotland rate it as one of the best sitcoms ever made.

There's also a new series after a very long break starting this Friday at 9:30pm on BBC 1, broadcast across the whole of the UK.

I'll give this a go, being newly scottish and all. Best to start with the first season, or does it take a while to get gud?

I'll give this a go, being newly scottish and all. Best to start with the first season, or does it take a while to get gud?

No reason not to start with the first series. There's no real story arc between them but a few things change so may as well start at the beginning. All of the seasons are excellent and there's no downturn in quality as you move through them.

Watched the first episode of Designated Survivor last night. Seemed...okay. Might watch some more but it didn't win me over.

Also watched the Amanda Knox documentary recently and basically everyone is awful. Although there was a great burn by some Italian lawyer (or at least involved in law, can't remember his exact profession). Was annoyed that when America found out about some of the (numerous) failures of the legal system they were trying to "tell them how law works" and he says something along the lines of "In 1308 this court room was the first place to study law in Italy. In America in 1308 they were painting buffalos on the inside of caves".

Watched the first episode of Designated Survivor last night. Seemed...okay. Might watch some more but it didn't win me over.

Also watched the Amanda Knox documentary recently and basically everyone is awful. Although there was a great burn by some Italian lawyer (or at least involved in law, can't remember his exact profession). Was annoyed that when America found out about some of the (numerous) failures of the legal system they were trying to "tell them how law works" and he says something along the lines of "In 1308 this court room was the first place to study law in Italy. In America in 1308 they were painting buffalos on the inside of caves".

That was quite amusing that part, the whole trial was a complete joke though. I know the case splits opinion but a brutal murder like that and absolutely zero evidence to link Amanda Knox to it. I don't particularly like her but it's scary how she was portrayed by the media just because she was experiencing the stuff you're suppose too as you grow up (not murder trolol).

The documentary was ok, seemed a bit pointless, kinda like a visual wikipedia article. Wasn't anything new or any sort of opinion to it, just relaying the information people already knew.

On episode 9 of Luke Cage. The series has picked up but still can't stand some of the acting and background music choices. Comes nowhere near Jessica Jones and Daredevil in my humble opinion.

Daredevil Season 1 set a precedent that none of the others in the series have come close to IMO. Daredevil Season 2 was good but nowhere near as good. Jessica Jones' lead and villain were awesome but a lot of the rest of it was substandard IMO, especially the smaller part actors, special effects and the dialogue and direction of a lot of simpler scenes. Luke Cage has taken that even further by having all those bad things, plus terrible extras and atrocious pacing. I'm guessing they're spreading their talent too thin? Perhaps that's why release of other shows and seasons are being spaced out a bit more.

That was quite amusing that part, the whole trial was a complete joke though. I know the case splits opinion but a brutal murder like that and absolutely zero evidence to link Amanda Knox to it. I don't particularly like her but it's scary how she was portrayed by the media just because she was experiencing the stuff you're suppose too as you grow up (not murder trolol).

The documentary was ok, seemed a bit pointless, kinda like a visual wikipedia article. Wasn't anything new or any sort of opinion to it, just relaying the information people already knew.

Apparently the crime scene videos hadn't been made public before, but yeah no new analysis as such.

The first season of Rick and Morty lasted only a coupla days until I finished it all - wanted to pace myself. Fucking awesome. Wants more. Wants Season 2 to hit naaaow.

Finished watching Luke Cage last night with the last two episodes.

All in all, rather pants. Gave it a 2 star, which was probably harsh.

It was just so frustratingly bad in places, and none more laughable than some of the 'fight scenes' in the last two episodes.

The stumbling around of Shades and K(?) on the lift was cringe worthy, and OMG the fight between Luke and Diamondback in the barbers shop... there's no excuse for that being as awful as it was. It started with two invisible punches that sent each other across the room, punches weren't landing, then there was just the worst shot from outside the shop with Cage kneeing Diamondback... it looked like some pretend 90's wrestling. I was actually in disbelief at how badly choreographed the show was.

Also I swear some lines just didn't make sense or were so badly explained whereby I felt like something had been cut or I'd missed something. The one that stands out is when Luke runs out of the exploding building with the mob boss and says 'What was that? How did diamondback do that' or something?... I was like, dude, it was C4, you looked directly at it. And then the mob boss says about him being all powerful now. What was he meant to be talking about? Diamondbacks punches to the chest which we didn't see?... I don't know, it was a mess.

Cage's escape from the police van... that music... and his awkward running. Oh dear.

Everything was just so predictable too.

It's a shame because the show has also made me dislike Claire, who I was a big fan of in Daredevil. Her relationship with Cage was annoying in this in that it just felt very sped up and forced. Maybe I need to see their interaction in Jessica Jones. Somewhat not looking forward to her appearing in Iron Fist now.

Saving grace of the show. Misty Knight. Bring it. Everything else. Forget it.

Six new episode of Black Mirror come to Netflix on October 21st. I saw three of them at the London Film Festival. They're just as good as the old episodes, though one or two are quite different in tone but still inherently Black Mirror.

I saw:

Nosedrive

San Junipero

Shut Up and Dance

Loved them all. If you like Black Mirror you're certainly in for a treat. And I heard from Charlie Brooker himself that one of the episodes is feature length.

I just recently discovered Black Mirror and watched the first season (three episodes). I thought it was brilliant! It had so much to say, like very long short movies, and really worth my time, I feel. I can't decide which episode I liked the best, though, they all had a very distinct idea and angle that was quite well-executed. Can't recommend it enough!

I just recently discovered Black Mirror and watched the first season (three episodes). I thought it was brilliant! It had so much to say, like very long short movies, and really worth my time, I feel. I can't decide which episode I liked the best, though, they all had a very distinct idea and angle that was quite well-executed. Can't recommend it enough!

My favourite was either the one where people had those implants to relive memories/pictures, or the Big Brother-esque one.

Finally got round to finishing Jessica Jones last night. The fact it took so long is testament to the quality of the show in my opinion. At times it was phenomenal, at other times a drag. Daredevil had me wanting it to never end, JJ never reached that heights. Seemed like it would have benefitted from less episodes, the last few in particular had so much filler for what should have been the best episodes of the series.

David Tennant tho.

One of the best comedies produced on these fair isles. Being half Scottish I absolutely love it, but I'm not sure how well it would translate to the other nations of the U.K if the viewer has little knowledge of Scottish culture and language.

I'm pretty sure we'd be able to pick it up. "Och aye the noo" and all that.

I know Luke Cage is suppose to be real init but my word could it have been more G, only thing missing is a Carlton cameo.

Finished up watching Master of None last night as a bit of a binge watching session. Was hesitant to give it a go because I'd seen one of Aziz Ansari's stand up shows and wasn't too keen, there wasn't much in the way of humour I thought (or at least humour that clicked with me) and I've not seen Parks and Recreations so I really wasn't sure what to expect based on the stand up and a short stint on Scrubs.

But I have to say it was brilliant, really funny and just an all round good show. Glad to see it's coming back for a second season as really interested in seeing where they go with the story and with the characters and whether we'll see more of Brian, Arnold and Denise.

Haven't bothered to finish watching Jessica Jones yet though. It was starting to drag majorly for me and I'm not getting the feeling that the last 2 episodes are really going to bring it all together after that slog a couple of episodes back before everything started properly kicking off with Killjoy. I'll probably just end up putting it on in the background at some point.

Finished Luke Cage last week and it was rubbish. Waste of my time. Forgettable.

How fucking good is Narcos?

Watched the first 6 episodes of season 1 so far and it's absolutely incredible. I hope the series continues to be this great.

How fucking good is Narcos?

Watched the first 6 episodes of season 1 so far and it's absolutely incredible. I hope the series continues to be this great.

Oh it does, all the way through Season 2 too.