N-Europe

Game Show Mafia!

EEVILMURRAY

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, I used Sir Killalot last night - my robot killer. I targeted MadDog.

Vote : MadDog

Hang on, I didn't even see the next page. I will not steal any win, I'm town/.

Also, I only just read the write up (properly) and if *you people* targeted, Peeps, Me and MadDog, then it sounds like I was the killer.

Either MadDog is mafia, or someone who was roleblocked yesterday is a potential killer?

I will come fully clean - Sir Killalot is my only killing robot, I did NOT have to use him, all my robots are single use and I have Dead Metal and Matilda left. *raises eyebrows up and down*

MAJORITAH HAS BEEN REACHED.

Maddog = 10 - Nintendohnut, ReZourceman, mr-paul, Diageo, Dazz, Rummy, jayseven, Yvonne, EddieColeslaw.

Alexander Armstrong rested on his podium, he was happy he didn't have to kill his comrade but was angry he was forced to go there in the first place. Tonight he would get his revenge. Hoisting his podium he set off to get vengeance.

But now was different. Several sights were trained on him from a distance. They executed their destructive justice.

MADDOG IS DEAD. HE WAS ALEXANDER ARMSTRONG FROM POINTLESS. WITH POINTLESS POWERS MADE HIM ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL.

Alexander_Armstrong-3.jpg

HE WAS THE MAFIA DON.

THEGAME IS OVER. TOWN WINS.

Shit, didn't see that coming! Oh well, town won but...I did not! I was actually neutral. I was also...

As promised. I made this especially for you...

YOU ARE!

tumblrln3rk5ay671qg0quh.jpg

ANNE ROBINSONS' SNATCH!

Black Hole – Suck a player into your snatch for the night. Anyone targeting them will get sucked into your snatch.

Snatch and grab – Grab a player and have sex with them. They won’t be informed directly they’ve been shagged and it won’t have any effect on them.

Your win condition: Have sex with at least 4 different players. One must be a mafia. Can only shag on alternate nights.

Told you it was unorthodox. When I said the answer could be found, I meant the signup thread.

I thought we were doing okay at the start, but then it all went very wrong for us very quickly! I couldn't help but laugh at our own misfortune when Maddog killed The Peeps (or should I say The Peeps killing himself since Maddog was inactive). Me and Tales weren't actually lynched on a whole lot but fair play to the town for sticking to their guts.

Mr paul technically screwed things over that night and it could've been over without a lynch. ReZ wanted to kill Maddog and Maddog was set to kill Yvonne, but they were both redirected to Peeps. If mr paul had chosen differently, two mafia would've died that night :p

But, for my first mafia I think it went alright :blush:

Delightful!

On night 3 I locked me and Rummy together so if one of us had been night killed we both would have died, but neither of us could be lynched. That was back when I suspected him...so then I had to change my game a bit. Fortunately on night 1 I discovered that jayseven was a protector, so I could just borrow his power whenever I thought I'd be killed.

Excellent mafia EEVILMURRAY, at first I thought game shows would be a naff subject but when the game started it was really fun trying to figure out everyone and their powers. Good stuff!

Well...I probably deserved to die, since I decided to stop using my "redirect everyone who targets me" power during the night I was set to die :heh: Not to be inactive, mind you, I chose to use my other power, protection, on mr-paul.

It looked like a fun game, except for the fact that I was completely lost for game show talk (a.k.a. the majority of the discussion). The roles look creative, and I liked how the theme was executed, even if British Game Shows are rather irrelevant to me.

Though I do have something to point out: revealing what everyone, or almost everyone, did during the night is quite unfair to the mafia, who are left defenceless when the write-up rats them out. ReZ used to do it a lot before, but he has since refined the art of obscuring the write-up so that players can't even identify themselves at first, though leaving enough space for clues and discussion.

Point is, write-ups were too revealing. Dropping clues is good, but give too much info, and you're doing the town's work for them.

Still, nice game. If you're ever doing another one, I certainly hope the theme is more accessible for me :heh:

Character Rundown.

TOWN.

The-Cube.jpg

Phillip Scofield - The Cube

Trial Run – Target a player, find out their power name and make it fail that night

Simplify – Makes target post under 50 words the next day

SNN2837BX-380_1114664a.jpg

Cilla Black - Blind Date

Matchmaker: Redirector, with her matchmaking skills she can force two people together. They will target each other that night.

goldenballs_007.jpg

Jasper Carrott - Golden Balls

Split – Give target another targets power. The target won’t change.

Steal – Take ones power for the night and choose a target

Split or Steal - Power locks two players together, that player cannot be lynched as long as the other survives, but if that player dies they die too. Can be used on yourself. Once only

Bradley_Walsh_1394560a.jpg

Bradley Walsh - The Chase

Chase - chases target to see who they target

BRAD LINK - Can talk to the other Bradley Walsh out of game topic

316000201.png

Richard O'Brien - Crystal Maze

Automatic Lock-in – Protects the target from kills but also roleblocks that player for the night.

The Dome – Protects you from any form of targeting, cannot be roleblocked or redirected

Jim_Bowen_600263a.jpg

Jim Bowen - Bullseye

ABILITY : Hits the Bullseye: Cannot be redirected. Always hits on target.

Iiiiin One! Power name discoverer

odd-one-in-006.jpg

Bradley Walsh - Odd One In

Odds on – shows target what action they performed, but not who on

Odds off – shows target what action was performed on them, but not who by

BRAD LINK - Can talk to the other Bradley Walsh out of game topic

b00x1zw7_640_360.jpg

Dermot Murnaghan - Eggheads

ABILITY: Masterminds – With combined quiz expertise you have a double vote

Quiz Brains – Find out target’s alignment.

ed_imageSNN0807D_354124a.jpg

Chris Tarrant - Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

Lifeline – Puts money around a player to protect them for the night.

Phone a friend – can pick a target to take their place for anyone targeting them.

les-dennis.jpg

Les Dennis - Family Fortunes

Big Money - Power enhancer

ABILITY: Double Money – Double Vote

MAFIA

weakestlink.jpg

Anne Robinson - The Weakest Link

ABILITY: Weakest Link - Must vote first or last for that person for vote to be counted

Statistics – Find out power used by target during the night

Sudden Death – Kills someone

Goodbye – Self protection from being targeted

John_Fashanu.jpg

John Fashanu - Gladiators

Eliminator – Kills someone

Duel – pick two people and they target each other

Gauntlet – pick two people, one player cannot target that player for the remainder of the game. Once only

RoyWalker050808_450x375.jpg

Roy Walker - Catchphrase

Say What You See – target must post only in pictures the following day phase

Snake Charmer – Makes target laugh so much they cannot perform their action, anyone targeting them laughs also

The Chips are Down – Kills someone

Alexander_Armstrong-3.jpg

Alexander Armstrong - Pointless

ABILITY: Pointless – Voting for a mafia will count as a minus vote

ABILITY: Pointless friend - Requires majority + 1 to be lynched

Top Answer – find out power name used that night

100 – Kill someone

NEUTRAL

CraigCharlesS3Balcony.jpg

Craig Charles - Robot Wars

Sgt Bash – Flame and kill

Shunt – push out of harm’s way, protector

Dead Metal – Clamp on someone and hold them for the night

Sir Killalot – Impale and kill

ABILITY: Matilda’s Revenge – Vengeance kill. When lynched can choose a target to die with them.

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=je4ovsbcdz2se76

Anne Robinson’s Snatch – Have sex with at least 4 different players. One must be a mafia. Can only shag on alternate nights.

Black Hole – Suck a player into your snatch for the night. Anyone targeting them will get sucked into your snatch.

Snatch and grab – Grab a player and have sex with them. They won’t be informed directly they’ve been shagged and it won’t have any effect on them.

Dara O’Brien – Mock the Week

105329.jpg

Scenes We’d Like To See - With rambling stand-up skills the target must post at least 5 times the following day at least 100 words in each on a selected possible topic.

Rob Brydon – Would I Lie to You?

WouldILieToYou.jpg

This is my... – Can give someone a power title which will be read by those who investigate them.

Lie detector – Can target a post and have lies revealed. Only be used twice

Quick Fire Lie – Can also add a line into the next day phase. Use only once.

Noel Edmonds – Deal or No Deal

F_200611_november21_198902a.jpg

The Banker’s Offer – target a player, they have a choice whether to have an additional vote or to cancel someone’s vote in the next day phase.

Bob Holness – Blockbusters

300px-Blockbusters_bob_foldedarms.jpg

P please – target has to post mainly using words beginning with a certain letter. Can’t be too vague a letter. Not X-Z-J

Jeff Stelling - Countdown (Potential Mafia Member)

SNF0904TVAA-682_905183a.jpg

Conundrum – Give target a nine letter word to solve and they must post that word before they can post during the next day phase

Countdown Clock – target can only post 30 words or less

Doodaladoo Bumb– Kills someone