NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Last Of Us

Tried the demo.

Well, it's ok, but I don't know what Naughty Dog wants the game to be.

Horror-Survival? Or only survival?

My partner, while I'm trying to be sneaky with my flashlight switched off, simply walks around upright with her flashlight on.

This bothers me in pretty much every game where you have progress with an AI partner. It's just stupid and I find it incredibly annoying. It destroys the atmosphere.

Not going to download the demo. If I'd played a demo of Uncharted 2, I'd have thought it was completely blah.I have this pre-ordered.

Haven't finished the Demo. Stopped after 10 minutes, because I got bored. :hmm:

I will eventually get the game, maybe even day one. But I will wait for some reviews to tell me if what I wrote in the spoiler box in my last post will last for the whole experience.

I've heard the demo is completely unrepresentative of the game. Some dude I know (who has played it) said that after playing the demo he had a lot of concerns, but after playing the game said that it was one of the greatest gaming experiences he has ever.....experienced.

< Two weeks. Highhhyyoooooo.

but after playing the game said that it was one of the greatest gaming experiences he has ever.....experienced.

Well, I was quite disappointed with the Uncharted series, even though everybody keeps saying it's one of the greatest gaming experiences this gen.

We'll see.

Haven't finished the Demo. Stopped after 10 minutes, because I got bored. :hmm:

You probably were right near the end then as it's stupidly short.

It took ages to get the demo as well. First the servers were busted, then you have to download it, then install it and then download it again!

The demo is pretty pants though, but it hasn't effected my hype for the game. It basically gives you a very short taste of the fighting, exploring and crafting.

Roll on the 14th...or earlier if Shopto do the business. :D

I'll be waiting for the Giant Bomb quick look video before I make a decision on the game. I still think it looks amazing but I just cannot stand stealth stuff in games so I want to see how well its used in The Last of Us and how much its needed. I tried watching the IGN livestream from a couple of weeks ago but it only really focused on one enemy encounter so it was hard to gauge everything.

This is a good sign for the PS4: The Last of Us is now available for pre-order on PSN for £39.99.

This is a good sign for the PS4: The Last of Us is now available for pre-order on PSN for £39.99.

That is good. One thing worth noting....this problem of stupid inflated prices seems only to affect Europe. Here in Canada all the new releases are priced at $59.99 plus tax the exact price you would pay in store for a new release.

I wasn't that fussed about Last of Us with it being so close to Animal Crossing...however the current ramp up in coverage and tons of adverts it piquing my interest now.

Not going to download the demo. If I'd played a demo of Uncharted 2, I'd have thought it was completely blah.I have this pre-ordered.

Want to share your code then :P

Nah exclusive to GoW purchasers..so you launch the bonus content off the disc and away it goes.

The Last of Us gets 10/10 from Edge Magazine

Naughty Dog's The Last of Us seems to be a hit with critics according to reviews which are starting to appear. Although the embargo doesn't break fully until tomorrow (when you'll be able to read our own review), scores are already looking good.

First up to review the game was Empire magazine, which called the title "a masterpiece," scoring it 5/5 in its overall summary. Next up was the Official PlayStation Magazine, which again offered up a perfect score. Perhaps the biggest surprise though is the latest score, which comes via a YouTube pre-roll advert from Edge Magazine, with the score being revealed as 10/10, making it only the 15th game in the magazine's history to get full marks.

A 10/10 from Edge.

Next week is E3, The Last of Us and I see Man of Steel at the IMAX. It's going to be wonderful.

A 10/10 from Edge.

Next week is E3, The Last of Us and I see Man of Steel at the IMAX. It's going to be wonderful.

Whose article was that your quoting? Just wondered Arthur Gies of Polygon was being a royal prick about people breaking embargo until he realised that some publications had an earlier date than Polygon.

Working video [for now]. It looks intense.

Looks a bit like Socom - I approve. : peace:

I really like the sound of the metagame. It sounds like it makes the multiplayer a lot more personal.

Eurogamer gave it 10/10

At a time when blockbuster action games are sinking into a mire of desperate overproduction, shallow gameplay and broken narrative logic, The Last of Us is a deeply impressive demonstration of how it can and should be done. It starts out safe but ends brave; it has heart and grit, and it hangs together beautifully. And it's a real video game, too. An elegy for a dying world, The Last of Us is also a beacon of hope for its genre.