NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Last Of Us

Thanks for those screens!

Just putting them in the thread for ease of discussion...

lastscreen610.jpg

Joel-hit-with-plank.jpg

Joel-points-out-bridge.jpg

Looks awesome! Thank you for using colour Naughty Dog! :D

It just looks beautiful. I don't mind if there is less of an emphasis on climbing, or combat or WHATEVER, but I hope the overall feel is Unchartedish.

I think being able to climb like Drake would be good, but in an urban setting potentially more limiting, which is fine etc. I expect there to be more of an emphasis on combat of course though...like cool weapons, survival, and one thing that Unch "misses" - cool boss fights!

Yeah the artcile says you have to constantly look for new makeshift weapons as yours break... and it looks like you'll be battling other humans as well for 'get off my land' survival.

God. I want this game this year please. God knows theres fuck all else coming out after SSX.

If you don't (care about) Mass Effect 3.

Gameplay info...

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/02/06/lots-of-new-the-last-of-us-details/

Gamingeverything has received their copy of the issue and reports the following new information:

• The Naughty Dog team looked at their favorite films like Road to Perdition and True Grit

• Combat is inspired by Anton Chigurh’s intense gun battle with Llewelyn Moss (No Country for Old Men)

• Movie had little music and sometimes no dialogue for long stretches of time

• Movie uses ambient noise, like exhausted breathing and booming guns

• The team is going for as much tension as possible in place of a non-stop action thrill ride

• Since there are limited resources, Joel won’t be running around blasting a machine gun

• One bullet can kill in this world

• This lethality affects enemy decisions

• Naughty Dog has decided against co-op play

• When Joel pulls out a gun and kills an enemy, the others will hide or try to flank his position

• Enemies will come right at Joel is they notice he only has a melee weapon

• Naughty Dog calls the AI system “Balance of Power”

• This system always adapts and dynamically changes as enemies and Joel trade off the upper hand

• The team is adding emotion and personality to the enemies alongside the advanced AI

• Enemies get angry when a friend dies, they warn each other of danger, and they’re scared when they’ve lost the upper hand

• Can’t just hide and wait for your health to recharge

• Since there is persistent health, you’ll have to use a health pack to repair damage and budget enough time to apply it

Other info...

Naughty Dog Director Bruce Straley on an online component for The Last of Us: “We’re going to have some sort of online component. We’re working on a bunch of ideas, but we haven’t nailed anything down. We definitely know it’s going to be awesome.”

Once Uncharted 2 was done, there were major changes at Naughty Dog. The development house was receiving a lot of requests to license the Uncharted engine from internal/external studios. Naughty Dog co-president Evan Wells: “[The engine] just isn’t set up to be able to be worked on outside of our office. So really the only way to leverage that would be to get a second team going.”

One reason for Naughty Dog’s expansion was that they had a ton of talent and Mr. Wells didn’t want to lose anyone. “So many people here at Naughty Dog who are environment modelers or designers or animators could be leads or directors at any other company. They’re just really masters of their craft and doing a great job here, so we wanted to give them an opportunity to grow.”

On the potential for a sequel, Mr. Straley said, “We only think about one game at a time."

Creative director Neil Druckmann adds, “The story is self-contained. The story stands on its own. We don’t end on a cliffhanger. The characters and the journey they go through ends with the story.”

God. I want this game this year please. God knows theres fuck all else coming out after SSX.

If you don't (care about) Mass Effect 3.

Wwwhaaaaa

Even if you "don't Mass Effect 3".

WHICH MAKES NO SENSE.

Borderlands 2

Tomb Raider

Max Payne 3

Bioshock Infinite

Darksiders 2

GTA V

Street Fighter X Tekken

Everyone does Mass Effect, ReZ. Don't be silly.

Not two mention two consoles.

Pun intended?

Wwwhaaaaa

Even if you "don't Mass Effect 3".

WHICH MAKES NO SENSE.

Borderlands 2 Crap.

Tomb Raider Should be good.

Max Payne 3 Not my thing.

Bioshock Infinite Shit (lol)

Darksiders 2 Ewww.

GTA V Need to see more, but probably meh.

Street Fighter X Tekken Too difficult to break into and have fun, from my personal perspective. If we were a decade ago, where my friend and I had free time and played local two player, then yes.

But no.

SSX FTW TBH>

Did you jsut say EWWWW to Darksiders?

What the fuck is wrong with you boy?

Joel-hit-with-plank.jpg

Is it just me, or does it look like Joel's getting his back scratched here?

"A little to the left!"

Everyone seems to be forgetting this beauty's comin' out this year:

Also this...

and this

Jak-and-Daxter-box.gif

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I'm rating the vibe. From that it seems like a B-movie that's turning out pretty well.

I really hope this demo is on the show floor. I'd love to see if it plays any different, and if Ellie does things differently.

this game looks amazing, its like if Uncharted and I am Legend had a sexy sensual lovechild

What if there's multiple endings, and in one of them you have to put Ellie down?

I really hope this demo is on the show floor. I'd love to see if it plays any different, and if Ellie does things differently.

Apparently you can go through it without alerting the other survivors at all.