NEurope
Dog-amoto

The Last Of Us

Well, that's a tad disappointing, I was expecting a bit more from the special edition. :/ To be honest, most of the extras in that I'm really not too fussed about. Hopefully the art book has a decent quantity to it, rather than a few pages. Otherwise, I'm just going for the standard edition.

Yeah I felt the same. Only thing that interested me was maybe the soundtrack! But you don't even know if that's any good or not until you've played the game! :p

Just the standard edition for me!

Also, most shops have the version with Joel's gruff face. Not the nicest thing to look at - and I liked how the Ellie version focused on a kind of character you don't see in games. After what happened last March, I'm not trusting GAME with another pre-order.

The US get a statue:

k5ehaDX.jpg

Personally, I think we have the better version, but it's not enough to convince me.

@Cube The statue looks ok though. If we had that, including the features we've already got, the SE would be fairly decent. The price would probably be pretty damn steep though. :/

Also, I doubt the same will happen with GAME again. At least, I hope that's the case...

Possible delay...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/12/the-last-of-us-delayed

File it in the rumor column for now, but The Last of Us might be delayed. Best Buy has changed the game's release date from May 7th to June 18th. GameStop and Amazon still list the post-apocalyptic, third-person action game for May.

A message to Sony for comment was not immediately returned.

Naughty Dog, the developer behind The Last of Us, has never delayed a game after publicly stating a release date. So this is either a monumental first or a colossal lie.

I guess it might have been... maybe Sony are now nicely staggering their PS3 games out to the launch of the PS4?

It's not like it's finished, but is getting delayed 6 months in order to port it to the 360 and Wii U.

It's official:

The Last of Us is an ambitious project. In many ways it may be Naughty Dog‘s most ambitious project to date – a brand new universe and cast of characters, brand new tech, brand new genre, and not to mention it’s easily the longest campaign Naughty Dog has ever made.

As a team we pride ourselves on setting a very high quality bar for every aspect of our games – gameplay, story, art, design, technology and more. We want to make sure The Last of Us raises that bar even further – for ourselves, and most importantly, for you, our fans.

As we entered the final phase of development for The Last of Us, we came to realise just how massive Joel and Ellie’s journey is. But instead of cutting corners or compromising our vision, we came to the tough decision that the game deserved a few extra weeks to ensure every detail of The Last of Us was up to Naughty Dog’s internal high standards.

The extra wait will be very short and your patience will be rewarded. Update your calendars. You won’t even have to change seasons. The Last of Us will be available 14th June 2013. Until then, know that we will be working extremely hard to deliver an experience that matches your high expectations.

Isn't Man of Steel out then as well? If so then we have that movie and this game all out on my birthday. What a day! :D

Happy to wait for it but bloody annoying. I booked a week off work for this and Alton Tower's new coaster The Smiler, and both are delayed. Dunno if The Smiler will be delayed so much that I'll miss it but....yeah. Bit lame. But obviously....waitable.

Bit lame. But obviously....waitable.

..how did I manage to read that as 'wankable'..? ::shrug:

Anyway, The Last of Us is probably one of those rare PS3 games that I wouldn't mind having the opportunity to experience for myself :smile:

..how did I manage to read that as 'wankable'..? ::shrug:

Because it's ReZ and a Naughty Dog game?

It's not Gaikai. It's just a method of packing the download files.

I'm sure though that their way of thinking has some impact on Sony's direction with stuff like this? I mean gaikai announced such a feature got PS4

Gaikai is just the streaming tech. This is just a way of organising the download so you can start playing the bit you download as it downloads - essentially buffering - the rest.

The Gaikai stuff, I think you are thinking of, is streaming demos off the store. Which is different.

I might be wrong, though.

Looks like Naughty Dog are giving us plenty of options:

8uA3OWY.gif

Listen Mode is that stupid "see enemies through walls" thing that seems to be common now in games. I'm glad you can turn it off.

I think I'm going to turn off everything (except violence).

Edited by Cube

There's violence in the game?!

For fuck sake Cube!

Pretty much. Blizzard games on PC are like this.

WOW has a slightly larger download than its install size. Some stuff are temporary like a special low res 2D menu and stuff early on to get you started almost immediately.

Gaikai is just the streaming tech. This is just a way of organising the download so you can start playing the bit you download as it downloads - essentially buffering - the rest.

The Gaikai stuff, I think you are thinking of, is streaming demos off the store. Which is different.

I might be wrong, though.

Yeah I meant more the shift of thought towards providing content in a faster manner. I do wonder if Gaikai's super fast streaming tech does have ways to adapt and shape their download server infrastructure too.

I think if they can have PS4 demos stream to the PS3, that would be an absolutely brilliant move.

June the 14th right? Not too far away now. I've kept a blackout going since the first couple of videos so there should be a ton of surprises in store. Apparently this is the longest campaign NaughtyDog has ever made my some distance. Nom.

I really hope it's nothing like T.V version of The Walking Dead.