NEurope
jayseven

Steve Jobs Dies. For Real.

He was ill for a long time. Its so sad, but at least his suffering is over. The type of cancer he had was apparently incredibly painful :-(

I knew he was very ill, but I didn't expect him to go so soon. :( This somehow feels very sudden. It doesn't feel like Steve Jobs was supposed to die already.

This guy was a true visionary.

Really shitty that he's gone so young.

Edited by Wesley

Such sad news, loved all the stuff he did, his flair, vision, truly a great man.

Well damn. Didn't expect for him to succumb so early. That's cancer for you, I suppose.

RIP, Steve Jobs. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of his products, but there's no denying his creativity and talent.

A true pioneer. Took Apple from nothing and turned it into a global brand.

Walk down the street and you'll see any old tart with an Apple, the cox from my old rowing club had Apples - even old Granny Smith had an Appl.

What a shame for his family, condolences for their loss.

P.S. Jay make up your Fking mind which thread to close and then stick to it.

I'm shocked that he has had such a painful cancer for so long, and only gave up his position at Apple a few weeks before death. Very strong will, he really did only step down when he was unable to continue.

Fuck I forget he only stepped down recently...

He was working with one foot in the grave.

I think I'll buy an iPhone to show my respect.

I think I'll buy an iPhone to show my respect.

Pff, I bought one the week before he died. You'll never be an Apple owner unless you can learn to be just ahead of (and better than) everyone else.

RIP and all that.

(Sorry about thread closure madness Iun!)

I like that Jobs protected his private life. I like that apple were vanguards and took the fight to microsoft, and ate sony territory up with their iphone, while never actually directly competing with nintendo! I believe this makes him a saint on our forums.

Well damn. Didn't expect for him to succumb so early. That's cancer for you, I suppose.

RIP, Steve Jobs. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of his products, but there's no denying his creativity and talent.

Pretty much sums up my feelings

Smart man, took an attitude towards technology that resembled a creative visionary more than a programming tech-nerd, and in that way was pretty invaluable to the industry.

I'm shocked that he has had such a painful cancer for so long, and only gave up his position at Apple a few weeks before death. Very strong will, he really did only step down when he was unable to continue.

I suspect his replacement was the one really running the company for most of the last year to be honest. At least since his last medical leave.

A true legend.

A very honourable man, who valued his privacy and family above everything, just one lesson many could learn from him.

RIP Steve.

Steve Jobs has to go down as the best CEO in the last 25 years, if not longer. He to Apple from nothing to an organisation which is rivalling an oil giant to be the most valuable in the world. His innovations have radically changed the world. Michael Bloomberg said that he will go down with Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein and I can't help but agree with him. What he's done with existing products but turned them into the most popular products in the world is astounding.

The first mass market MP3 player which had a hard drive, respectable battery life and an easy to use menu system.

The first mobile phone which had a touch screen which was a joy to use

The first tablet device which gained mass Market popularity and has not only radically changed the looks of tablets but also made them go mainstream.

The music industry will be forever thankful to Jobs for the iTunes Music Store. With billions of sales it's helped it out at a time where pirating music became the thing to so.

Damn, he was a good man. :( RIP Steve...

In disturbing (but almost humuorous) news:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=640&filename=7q2jsc.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640