Mario Tennis Open

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Nintendo Press Release:

"People can play as their favorite characters from the Mushroom Kingdom or even compete as their Mii characters. They can also customize their Mii characters with Mushroom Kingdom-themed tennis gear, which not only enhances players' appearances but also can boost their stats. The wide selection of available gear includes Bowser's favorite racket, a Bullet Bill outfit and Peach's tennis shoes."

Link for the Full Press Release: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/04/customisable_miis_and_online_standings_served_up_in_mario_tennis_open

Super Mario Tennis looks wicked! :D

I lament the lack of an RPG mode, but I guess this is a new "console" Mario Tennis game, rather than a "handheld" one now. I wonder if they'll do swapsies and have a Wii U game with an RPG mode instead? (Oh and a Wii U Mario & Luigi game to go along with the 3DS Paper Mario!)

This'll be a great "go-to" multiplayer game for 3DS! We do need more of them (MK7, SF643D and KIU are fun, but the 3DS' library is still pretty single player focused) and this'll be a killer online game! :D

Edited by Dcubed

• 2 weeks later...

I think the luma is just an opponent in one of the special modes, if I remember right from a few weeks ago, but I guess it would be silly to have the model and not make the character playable. I like the look of all the customisation for Miis - I'll be sporting the Waluigi gear, I'm sure. :D

I still wasn't sure on this one, but all the Mii customisation has been what's won me over. I just wish we could dress our Miis up like this in the plaza - much better than the plain old tops they're wearing now. One month to go!

Hmmm. I'm really looking forward to it but the banana slice shots worry me, as do the coloured circles where the ball will land telling you which to play... Hope that's an option you can turn off, and to not play against people using it online.

Looks fun though and the miis look good. Online. Going to be great I'm sure.