Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

Guest bluey
I think the queue for the mafia games needs to be capped. The current system seems to be one starting halfway through the other. Which is working quite well. But I think the queue is growing too large. I think you need to set a maximum number (5 for example) and say that no more should be allowed until one has finished.

...then can we make an official queue thread somewhere - and perhaps an FAQ thread so thickies ((such as myself who still cant understand what the heck you guys are all having so much fun over even after i've read the wiki page ~)) might be able to understand these things etc etc :grin:

If a thread is popular enough it will stay near the top of the boards anyway, if it's not popular enough it doesn't deserve to be at the top all the time.

You know that's not strictly true when it comes to stickies :P No, I don't think that the mafia threads need stickying as they keep themselves afloat.

I think a sticky would be a good idea for it, the mafia games are really popular now and it's easy to keep track of the planned/current games and the leaderboards.

EDIT: Tphi also said ages ago that the site feedback thread was meant to be stickied for a couple of weeks, I think it's had its day.

RE-EDIT: It's already gone, my mistake. :heh:

Well, I do have an idea for the mafia sub board thingy.

As suggested before, it could either be a subboard or a new forum at the bottom or whatever, and people have suggested that people should rely on mods for certain things in the games. However, the problem with this is that mods are often too busy to have to spend time working on the mafia games.

So would it not be an idea to have a section with 2 or 3 seperate Moderators that don't mind not playing any of the games but are still interested in them? In some cases it could be handy for checking rules havn't been broken, locking threads at night if appropriate etc. I'd do this tbh, I don't mind running a few games and I'm starting to get tired of participating in them. For a while at least.

Anyway, there's the idea. The Mafia gametype has really taken off and I agree - a forum game board is not a wise idea. However a mafia board is one that could help both sides of the argument. People won't see it and make crappy counting games, but people will get their seperate board.

Meh, just an idea.

People like chairdriver, or whoever's running the current games. Just allow them to control posts and stuff in that sub board, don't give them access to the forum staff board since it's temporary.

That's a nice idea, but can it be done?

Oh, and I agree: on no account must they be allowed to see the wonders that lie within the staff board! :heh:

I think General Chit-Chat should be renamed 'Mafia'.

How about changing the name of this place to 'Mafia-Europe' as well?

But isn't that taking it abit too f-

Oh i see what you did there :P

Personally i think its ok at the moment, the games are getting alittle heavy now, but i think after the big 4 or so games are done it'll quieten down, so yeh, leave it until it gets really serious.

But jay's point still remains; how many games are there? Everyone is currently taking the me-too approach to mafia games as they're popular and everytime something is popular an imitation pops up. Outside of that...not a great deal of quality games.

But jay's point still remains; how many games are there? Everyone is currently taking the me-too approach to mafia games as they're popular and everytime something is popular an imitation pops up. Outside of that...not a great deal of quality games.

Even if there weren't Id say theres enough mafia games for its own board anyway. As McPhee said, there really isnt any harm.

Guest Stefkov

Maybe the new board will inspire a lot more of the games.

They can get lost in the General Board, and tbh it's kinda boring to come on and only the mafia games have posts in them. A new board, if only a trial would be a good decision.

Um, only 1 is in progress, the rest are sign-ups, and mine has fallen off the first page anyway. However Maase's thread is entirely pointless, to be honest, it's basically a clone of Esquiel's.

If only one is in progress, close and/or delete the others. Doing my nut in going on General Chat and theres Mafia upon Mafia topic.

I don't begrudge anyone fun, but the clone topics are slightly irritating.

Can we get them out of general chat for the people that do like them? God there's such a simple solution, I do not understand why there isn't a subforum or something similar to solve all these problems.

Not really, because we don't have sub-forums for every popular forum game. iSketch - 1 topic, the picture game thing - 1 topic, Xpert Eleven - 1 topic.

Am I the only person who hasn't played ANY of the mafia games? :blank:

I don't play them because I don't find them enjoyable. Sorry. ::shrug:

You're not alone, it would appear I missed the fad, and now the wheels are falling off the wagon.