Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Amy Winehouse Found Dead

Dante

Amy had a great voice, although I never really fully connected with much of her music. It sounded good but never grabbed me. It was also pretty sad to see her gradually lose weight over the years, as well. She looked so much better before, and I guess that went hand in hand with her issues.

As for the rest of this thread: It's made both me and Ine chuckle several times. I would pay good money to see Dwarf and Zechs bump into each other and the mass brawl that would ensue. Maybe Zechs could wear some anti-drug slogan t-shirts, it would add to eet.

My money's on Dwarf. Upon seeing his footie skills video a while back, it looks like he can handle himself. A little.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the others, but those two (especially Heath Ledger) are completely different to this case.

Why? Because the drugs were legal? It wasn't their fault? At the core of it all, these people all died due to drug-abuse. Amy appears to be the only one to receive hate because of it. It really doesn't make sense. It is unjust to pick on her, tout simplement.

I forgot Kurt Cobain as well.

Amy had a great voice, although I never really fully connected with much of her music. It sounded good but never grabbed me. It was also pretty sad to see her gradually lose weight over the years, as well. She looked so much better before, and I guess that went hand in hand with her issues.

As for the rest of this thread: It's made both me and Ine chuckle several times. I would pay good money to see Dwarf and Zechs bump into each other and the mass brawl that would ensue. Maybe Zechs could wear some anti-drug slogan t-shirts, it would add to eet.

My money's on Dwarf. Upon seeing his footie skills video a while back, it looks like he can handle himself. A little.

All that showed is that he can handle balls, I'm not sure that's the kind of bump Zechs had in mind...

Thank You, Paj! EDIT! Meant in relation to your earlier post. Didn't see the one above :p I'll try to follow suit. Here is some stuff to listen while dancing alone. Beautiful.

So Young...Innocent!

For the Funzies.

Super jazzy. Very Billie Holiday. Still beautiful. Such a bitchy message behind that arrangement :p I love it!

It really feels so weird listening to her music again. To be honest, I've given up on her in the past 2 years or so. Listening to her stuff again...it sounds different. The message has changed. It's like what the hell did I know about the themes of her songs when I was 13...14...15. Love...death...loneliness...despair...lust.

Even now I probably don't have a clue about them. First time I've been moved by music in a long while.

I hope she recorded some stuff for the third album.

Edited by Frank

Why? Because the drugs were legal? It wasn't their fault? At the core of it all, these people all died due to drug-abuse. Amy appears to be the only one to receive hate because of it. It really doesn't make sense. It is unjust to pick on her, tout simplement.

I forgot Kurt Cobain as well.

You do raise a good point there. Kurt Cobain is regarded as what, a musical genius/tortured soul, by probably some of the same people who are casting such judgement on Amy Winehouse. I think the difference might be how the individuals carried on in public or at least presented themselves to the world. Was Kurt Cobain ever pictured in such states as Amy Winehouse had been?

It's a different era. The media likes to savage anything and everything and unfortunately the general public will BUY the seedy and the truly inconsequential forms of gossip (because purchasing a newspaper is fairly anonymous and one can pretend that they are interested in the news of the world [lol] while actually they are feeding their facile interestin in the lives of others that are richer yet more broken than them.

It's a sad reflection on our society that papers like NOTW, The Sun and The Daily Mail sell so strongly despite generally rubbing against what our country likes to parade to other nations as our ideals and beliefs.

Newspapers do not seek to inform or educate. They just seek to make money. A lot of genuine human lives are tainted because of the supposed anonymity of readers - of the disconnection between funding a paper by buying it and the actions that paper undertakes. Readerships are unwilling to accept any liability for fuelling the behaviour of papers - as is made apparant by the NOTW closure recently. people were happy to pay for the invasion of privacy because they didn't know of the means that were carried out to feed their hunger. One person can vote "gimme more gossip" then "shut the bastard stalking paper down" because they have no personal liability for the conflict inherant.

Yeah. Stuff. Things. Sigh.

Don't forget Kurt Cobain died 14 years ago and was active for the years preceding that (obviously). The very nature of celebrity culture and the media's relationship to it has changed so much in those years that its impossible to draw parallels.

(and that old chestnut of an argument that addict men are seen as tortured souls while addict females are junkie whores)

If/when Pete Doherty dies of drugs I expect the same kind of response that Amy Winehouse got though - which probably goes along with what you're saying.

There won't be a topic, surely no one likes his shit music?

Y'know, amongst all this death no one told me Lucian Freud had died too. :(

An essential.

GMA%203410.jpg

I did see some news coverage of this.

I can't remember if it was on a morning news programme or a late night headline.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!