NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

When I can drag myself away from Talking Heads/Sonic Youth:

Anyone else know this?

Loving The Sats at the min.

And they look great in this video. This is much more them than the last 2 club tracks. Even though I did like them too!

Loving The Sats at the min.

And they look great in this video. This is much more them than the last 2 club tracks. Even though I did like them too!

Was wondering why it sounded familiar... but I think I heard the first play of it on Radio1 a couple of weeks ago.

After initially thinking All Fired Up was plain awful I've actually grown to like it.

Notorious was a guilty pleasure from the start tbh, Mollie FTW! #Gangster!

Edited by Retro_Link

Really digging these songs lately:

Been trying to check out as much new music as possible lately and those two are some of the favourites I've found. Also really liking The Bad In Each Other by Feist from her new album. She was great on Jools Holland on Tuesday.

Was wondering why it sounded familiar... but I think I heard the first play of it on Radio1 a couple of weeks ago.

After initially thinking All Fired Up was plain awful I've actually grown to like it.

Notorious was a guilty pleasure from the start tbh, Molly FTW! #Gangster!

Mollie is absolutely stunning. They're all great looking girls but she is the best lookin IMO.

They have had 3 great singles from this upcoming album.

I'm quite excited about it!! :)

I'm absolutely in love with this, mostly because of the video. It gives the song a tinge of almost pensive reflection that just elevates it from being just another generic dance-pop song, in my mind anyway. Yes it's rather Skins like, yes it's not exactly original, but it just adds so much.

Oh, and then just because it's Britney:

Her face just before coming out with the "Hooker" line is hilarious. Also, the middle 8 is everything.

Edited by Slaggis

So I'm a huge Smiths fan...

But I had never actually listened to "Strangeways, Here We Come"...

A couple of different reasons, but mostly for FEAR.

Anyway, the opening track of that album is now one of my favourite Smith songs.

Posted a little while ago on here about how I found the new Battles album a little disappointing...

Well I take it back. As a whole album I still don't think it matches their first effort but there are some unbelievably addictive tracks. Some of the high points are possibly up there with anything from Mirrored. Also, their music videos have been pretty inventive.

Doing a round on Beyoncé. All her songs are really impressive. I had forgotten how Great she was. Love on Top is exhilarating -- how she continually rises and rises until the end. I'm left breathless just listening to that.

STOP. I AIN' READY YET.

LET MEH FIX MAH HUR.

Who is it? IT'S BEE.

NOW PA' YO' WEAVE, LADIES.

I love how it feels like Beyoncé's at a point where she can just do things because she in't'it. Like, that Love On Top video was blatantly filmed one afternoon when she was bored. And the Countdown video has so many little bits which is her just having fun in her life.

The Countdown video changed my life. Though it's sadly another things she's involved in which is vaguely tainted by 'plagiarism' and stuff...which crops up a lot in her work...but I prefer not to think about that. *blissful*

Everybody Have Fun Tonight! Everybody Wang Chung Tonight!

*ahem*

I believe I said "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight!"

I swear if everybody doesn't Wang Chung, there will be tears before bedtime.

I used to hate this piece. I think watching All About Lily Chou-Chou (in which it's played frequently) brainwashed me.

Have recently discovered Birdy. For 15 years old she is a mega talent.

Her album is out tomorrow and though it is all covers bar one track, I am really excited about it. I hadn't heard any of the above tracks before I discovered Birdy so I am hoping there are more great songs I am introduced to. I am looking forward to checking the originals out now too!

Also loving anything to do with Florence + The Machine at the minute too.

I would post videos of all her songs - as I love them all! But I won't do this. :D

Not a fan of this one. I thought the Skinny Love cover added something to an already great song. This one however doesn't really do anything for me. The original is much better.

Thanks @Coolness Bears!

Had no idea Murs has a new album out.

Murs for President is one of my favourite hip-hop albums.

This is a track from another album that is fast becoming one of my favourite hip-hop albums too:

I love how it feels like Beyoncé's at a point where she can just do things because she in't'it. Like, that Love On Top video was blatantly filmed one afternoon when she was bored. And the Countdown video has so many little bits which is her just having fun in her life.

Saw the video the other day. It's really fucking excellent. One gripe is there isn't a final costume change on the final octave shift. But yeah, simple and brilliant. Like the best videos.