NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

Saw St Vincent live last week. Really great.

And loving Drake's new album (or at least about half of it, he can be really wanky I find)

I kept seeing the album on the end of shelves in HMV/seeing it crop up, as though it was to be taken notice of. I suddenly thought, "Wait, is a Selena Gomez album being considered good?" (I'd never listened to her before). Her name does seem to include a band, which perhaps suggest more integrity.

Anyway, it's just standard pop in every way, I was tricked. But I like the wobble wobble of this. It's phat - it feel like muscles tensing in my most sensitive areas. *bops along*

Amazing.

Listen to the 'Year With Out Rain' album. I am unashamedly in love with some of it. It's so teen pop.

I enjoy her singles mostly, however I eagerly await how she sounds in a few years. Why do Americans do teen pop so much better than us? Pixie Lott sounds so forced, yet this just sounds utterly age appropriate.

-------

THE Poptart of the moment. Unlike 'Lovegame' or 'Revolver', it comes across so genuine. She's a whore, and it works.

Edited by Slaggis

I LOVE Bruno Mars' new song "It Will Rain". I only just found out yesterday that it's from The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- Part 1. This song is way too great to be in Twilight. Been listening to this song non-stop for about a week. For me, this is the song of 2011.

The live version is great as well

And I'm loving the covers for it on YouTube.

I LOVE Bruno Mars' new song "It Will Rain". I only just found out yesterday that it's from The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- Part 1. This song is way too great to be in Twilight. Been listening to this song non-stop for about a week. For me, this is the song of 2011.

The live version is great as well

And I'm loving the covers for it on YouTube.

So beige. I don't like any of his music, except maybe Just The Way You Are, which is more of a relative 'like' - it has oomph, instead of being smotheringly unabrasive. Grenade is a BAD song, actually annoying to hear the lyrics, which is rare. Most bad pop songs just have meaningless lyrics that glide over you rather than annoy. Urgh.

He seems liek a talented guy vocally/performance wise though. Just so blah.

--

Songs of the day -

I hate Bruno Mars. He's like 'oh look, i can play a guitar and i do pop songs so i'm cool'.

I hate Bruno Mars. He's like 'oh look, i can play a guitar and i do pop songs so i'm cool'.

'I'm not going to wear a hat like a normal person, oh no, i'm going to wear it like a tit'.

This thread has been left alone to plunder the depths of fecality for too long (yes I know that's not a real word). I mean, fucking Drake, U2 and Bruno Mars, are to music what the Dan Brown books are to literature; a way for the mentally challenged to feel a sense of inclusion.

Fuck off with that shit.

Here I leave you with one of the best pieces of ambient metal written by one of the greats of the genre, so you may too sail through endless skies, guided only by the sounds in your head. Just incredible. :

Saw St Vincent live last week. Really great.

And loving Drake's new album (or at least about half of it, he can be really wanky I find)

Good shout mate. I what you mean about him being a bit "wanky" sometimes. Marvin's Room Interlude or whatever it's called is a bit poor. All in all, i'm really liking this album after the first playthrough though.

Feeling this song at the moment.

This thread has been left alone to plunder the depths of fecality for too long (yes I know that's not a real word). I mean, fucking Drake, U2 and Bruno Mars, are to music what the Dan Brown books are to literature; a way for the mentally challenged to feel a sense of inclusion.

Fuck off with that shit.

Generally I might agree with you but do you not like any of their earlier stuff?

Cheekiest Song Of 2011:

How did I not hear it sooner, it's awesome. :grin:

This. Love it so much and the video is just ace.

I don't get the hate for Bruno Mars at all. He seems like an alright guy. I wouldn't exactly get his album in a rush but he's released some fun enough songs (except for Grenade which gets on my tits).

I can't find this song on YouTube.

spotify:track:5GCqQGzs5DZUaA4Sb7Sz0a

Dunno if that becomes clickable once I click this posting button.

Let's do a HTTP as well yeah?

Now you have no excuse!

Here I leave you with one of the best pieces of ambient metal written by one of the greats of the genre, so you may too sail through endless skies, guided only by the sounds in your head. Just incredible. :

The build-up was nice, I like how it's more atmosphere than...like...normal metal I hear which just punches you in the face but actually has no impact.

It was ruined when the vocals came in. I don't understand why metal seems to REQUIRE people to have those shitty growls. It works (I don't like it, but it works) in a lot of stuff I've heard, but this was musically quite nice and the vocals were LOLworthy in comparison. Felt added in. Bleurgh.

Generally I might agree with you but do you not like any of their earlier stuff?

Can't expect a man to go spelunking into the depths of something he despises; I don't really have the ability to distinguish between early and newer stuff, because nothing I've heard has been anything but distasteful to me.

@ Paj, I'd say the usual thing about aquired tastes or whatever, but I'n all honesty, I really like the vocals, they add an additional percussive element and suit the music in as far as they're not contoured and defined and have a sense of vagueness. I agree that they do sort of cudgel you in a song that otherwise has large passages of tranquility. The thing about the song is it's from Oceanic, an album all about waves of impact, and the growls come in on the harsher, more intense parts.

Edited by The Bard

There's such an infused sense of sadness, sadness boiling into rage. This song is when you go to a club alone, and allow your sadness,love,anger to manifest itself in violently passionate dancing. When that's all there is that can quell the melancholia.

The bridge at 3:20. I'm dead. I'm done in, fucked. There's something so defeatist about "You can have me all you want". As though she'd rather that than to spend another drug/techno day alone.

Everything. Makes Umbrella / Disturbia / Don't Stop The Music seem pointless and childish.

I'm not really into music, but i was watching a Walkers crisps advert and came across this song by this band called 'Queen'. It's really good.

@ Paj, I'd say the usual thing about aquired tastes or whatever, but I'n all honesty, I really like the vocals, they add an additional percussive element and suit the music in as far as they're not contoured and defined and have a sense of vagueness. I agree that they do sort of cudgel you in a song that otherwise has large passages of tranquility. The thing about the song is it's from Oceanic, an album all about waves of impact, and the growls come in on the harsher, more intense parts.

A great response.

That's all cool - I know I'll never truly be a fan of 'metal growling', so naturally it would rub me the wrong way.

I'm not really into music, but i was watching a Walkers crisps advert and came across this song by this band called 'Queen'. It's really good.

1240265992468.jpg

---

This is still changing my life.

Mainly because the sample is AMAZING. Jamie XX + Gil Scott Heron <3. Rihanna always adds too.

Edited by Paj!
Automerged Doublepost

If it's entirely the vocals that you find distasteful, maybe something like this would be more to your taste?

Edited by The Bard

Just discovered Ultrasound who were around in the late 90s and only brought out one album. But it is fantastic.

They sound like Suede but more awesome. Very britpop.