NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

Been on a Nothing But Thieves kick as of late. Had a few songs buried in my Liked Songs on Spotify already, but finally took the time to get more intimate with some of their albums. Loved it all so far :D

Shout-out to @drahkon for his great taste in music :p

• Like 1

You know when you keep listening to a song and think "is this my subconscious trying to tell me something?"

On 11/7/2023 at 8:02 PM, Julius said:

Been on a Nothing But Thieves kick as of late. Had a few songs buried in my Liked Songs on Spotify already, but finally took the time to get more intimate with some of their albums. Loved it all so far :D

Good man.
Cannot wait to see them again next February.

Hope they play Tomorrow is Closed. This song is pretty much how I feel a bout the world right now.
Still it's somewhat hopeful.

Tomorrow is closed
There's no future at all
We've burned it all down, down to the ground
Oh, I saw it written on the bathroom wall
I've lost my place, we all have
But I hope someday we're gonna get it back

I can kinda play it on guitar and sing along (albeit horribly) and it's quite therapeutic.

If they play it next year I'll probably shed a few tears. Wouldn't be the first time seeing them live :')

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Oh, here's something for your nostalgia:

This recording is from a German satire TV-show and I got goosebumps when I saw/heard it :bowdown:
Listening to it again...GOOSEBUMPS :D

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Good man.
Cannot wait to see them again next February.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952dusp8rnv73rslxfd9

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Hope they play Tomorrow is Closed.

Favourite song for me on Dead Club City (though by no means the only great song on there). It's really got that Strokes feel down pat between it's tempo and guitar, love it :D 

So I'll be hoping they play it for you too :peace:

• Like 1

Been listening to this song a whole lot over the last month amongst all of the NBT listening (yes, it's another Nothing But Thieves post :p), one line in particular:

I love you despite myself

what a freaking line 

Posted (edited)

I had the theme tune to 'Allo 'Allo in my head the other day and found this, which I absolutely love:

Edited by Helmsly

On 1/30/2024 at 8:23 AM, drahkon said:

The 22nd of February can't come soon enough.

Only 8 more days.
I got impatient and looked at a few setlists from recent concerts and yeah...I'm gonna cry a lot :p

Hope they'll play this in Cologne, too:

:bouncy:

• Like 1

Been listening to The Warning, a Mexican sister trio, a good bit over the last month or so: 

Love their choruses. 

Also love their occasional song in Spanish:

(their bassist, the youngest sister Alejandra, was just 14 here...which is kind of insane)

Also had Spectre by Radiohead on repeat a whole lot. The best Bond theme that never was :(

Besides that, been revisiting some Bastille. Pretty sure they're a big part of why I like the music I do now, kind of crazy to think All This Bad Blood released over a decade ago, listened to them a lot in my latter high school years, which... doesn't make me feel old or anything :blank:

Lastly, @drahkon I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that Oh No :: He Said What is my most played song since it released :D

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 11:43 AM, Julius said:

Lastly, @drahkon I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that Oh No :: He Said What is my most played song since it released :D

Good man :D  They played it last night during the encore and it was a banger!

What a concert. Aside from some power issues, which caused a mid-concert delay, City Haunts being aborted and two songs being played early, it was awesome.
The two songs were Drawing Pins and Lover, Please Stay. The latter was sooooo good. Connor's voice is a marvel.

After those songs, they finally played City Haunts and I did not expect Connor to hit all those notes live :o I should have, but that song is tough!

Anyways, I cried during three songs: Tomorrow is Closed, as expected; Lover, Please Stay - did not expect that, but it's such a beautiful song; Impossible - how can you not :p

@Julius go see them if you ever get the chance. :peace:

Edit: Forgot to mention: They apparently didn't play Pop The Balloon due to the power issues :(But they played Trip Switch. It's kinda funny when you know the lyrics.
Just found out that instead of Pop The Balloon they added Drawing Pins. During the tour they switch Drawing Pins with This feels like the End from concert to concert but they played both last night :)

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, drahkon said:

Lover, Please Stay - did not expect that, but it's such a beautiful song

My favourite of theirs, gets me every time. It just hits like a ton of bricks. Good thing I'm careful to not listen to it too much...

*is my most played song on Spotify over the last 6 months*

Whoops :p

Glad to hear you had a great time! :peace:

go see them if you ever get the chance. :peace:

Will definitely need to. I've actually never been to a concert before, probably doesn't help that my friends don't really share my taste in music all that much :laughing: so I'll find some NBT-listening strangers and drag them along instead I guess! 

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

On 2/23/2024 at 2:03 PM, Julius said:

so I'll find some NBT-listening strangers and drag them along instead I guess! 

There's no shortage of people to talk to. Last Thursday, I approached a couple of people and we had a nice chat before the concert started. We all enjoy the same thing, in that case NBT. It's easy to find at least one topic to talk about :)
During the concert, though: no talking, only dancing, singing, jumping :D

Edited by drahkon

Probably my favourite Muse song. Definitely the best live version I've heard.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

A whole lot of Weyes Blood the last week and a bit or so.

Killer voice (very Karen Carpenter/Joni Mitchell), lyrics, and unique sound. 

Album covers are stellar too:

WeyesBlood_TitanicRising.jpg

59 minutes ago, drahkon said:

They just don't miss.

Yesssssssss, and the stripped versions of Tomorrow is Closed and Overcome are glorious :D

Edited by Julius