NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

I went on a bit of a spending spree in Cardiff and bought a few albums for dirt cheap prices. One of them was a bit of a gamble: Death in Vegas - Scorpio Rising.

What a fantastic album it is. Every song is different, yet it is all part of the connective. Help Yourself is my favourite song off the album.

Superb choice! Such a good album. Bought it myself a few years ago pretty much on a whim and just loved it. Haven't listened to it in ages though but that one-two kick of Leather and Girls to open the album is superb.

Superb choice! Such a good album. Bought it myself a few years ago pretty much on a whim and just loved it. Haven't listened to it in ages though but that one-two kick of Leather and Girls to open the album is superb.

YES! It sounds seamless and is an extension of each other. I imagine that would rock so hard opening a gig with both of those songs.

YouTube

There is only one way this song will get in your head.

1. Through Beetlejuice

2. Through BASEketball

3. By simply listening to it

Theory proven wrong =P

Damn catchy and funny song tho. ^^,

I'll probably be hearing this for the rest of the evening.

---

I've been loving this for a month or so now;

Spotify

1. Through Beetlejuice

2. Through BASEketball

3. By simply listening to it

Theory proven wrong =P

Damn catchy and funny song tho. ^^,

I'll probably be hearing this for the rest of the evening.

I've not seen BASEketball, so my only attribution is Beetlejuice. And it's now the reason you'll be hearing it. Bitch :blank:

I like how its SHOUTING in my last.fm thing.

I've got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine!

Love No Doubt and can't get this out of my head!!

Nelly Furtado's follow up to the awful Big Hoops is a great track. There is an official video but the below lyric video fits the song much better and is truly inspirational.

Okay, I have a tune from a song in my head and the only thing I can tell you is that it's new, the video to the song is a bit like something you'd expect from Lady Gaga (but it's not Lady Gaga) and it has a ginger woman with a weird-ass haircut in it. Kind of looking a little like steps going down to her chest or something. I saw it at my mate's house the other day and he left it on for a minute and then turned it over. I asked him what it was and he had no clue, ugh! Can anybody tell me?

Found the song! It's Florence + the Machine and Calvin Harris- Spectrum

^ You've reminded me that I really should get round to listening to the second Florence and the Machines album. Loved Lungs so don't know why I haven't checked it out yet ::shrug:

Anyway, currently adding tracks to my summer 2012 playlist (although to be fair, the weather up here has hardly been what you'd call summer-like). Nevertheless, just added this and really dig it. Can see myself attempting to bust a groove to it, key word being 'attempting' :laughing:

Found the song! It's Florence + the Machine and Calvin Harris- Spectrum

Why the hell does nobody round here know who Florence is? Do i need to post some more songs or something? :p

Can't say I'm a huge fan of 'Say My Name', I was quite surprised that of all her songs this was the first to go to No.1.

IMO the likes of Dog Days and Shake It Out are much better singles.

Well, disappointingly it's actually a remix. The original is much better, however.

And yes, she has better songs. But i love her so i don't care. :p

To be fair, I do know her and I started listening to her more after hearing Breath of Life (I think it's called...it's the song she did for Snow White and the Huntsmen). I didn't like her at first because of her cover of You Got The Love and how much it was overplayed, it got to the point where it made me feel sick having to listen to it again, lmao (stupid reason I know). Anyway, I heard the Breath of Life song and loved it as well as Spectrum but my favourite of hers is Shake It Out. The three I just mentioned are ones I could listen to again and again.

Oh, shit. Florence! Quick, somebody better post some great music, quick! ;)

Heard this in the car yesterday and had it in my head since.

This is gonna be HUGE

And rightly so.

I was listening to her album today. Adore her so much.

Can't wait for her new one. :)

I was listening to her album today. Adore her so much.

Can't wait for her new one. :)

Yeah she is great.

That song is just simply brilliant. Perfect for summer. :heart:

Nelly Furtado's follow up to the awful Big Hoops is a great track. There is an official video but the below lyric video fits the song much better and is truly inspirational.

I much prefer Big Hoops. Just listen to the Extended Mix and imagine wearing hoop earrings and it all makes so much sense. This is shrill and not in a cool way. In fact Big Hoops is just great in most remixed forms.

This would be my ideal first ever single from my bubbling-under top 40 success debut album.

----

By the way this is the undisputed best pop song of 2012. That BEAT. The hair. Their 'fuck you' ness. The vocals. The lyrics. The fact it's written by Charli XCX. Nihilism. Rebel. Rebel. / still rich and living off daddy / sweden.

I crashed my car into the bridge I don't care I love it

I love the video too. Two stunners.

I lovutt

And a smattering of similar ultra-hip pop that is doing the rounds of the tastemaking sites:

I really like this too, this version removes the atrocious Tinie Tempah section:

BONUS ROUND:

This is quite bad but I love how schizo the video is.

Edited by Paj!
Automerged Doublepost