NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

I'm having such a Steinman moment.

And Total Eclipse of the Heart is a perennial fave.

Coincidentally It's All Coming... was on Glee this week. Done really blandly.

And rediscovering old school Outkast. A joy!

On that note, I've been listening to this track again recently.

It makes you feel like a boss just listening to it, must have been great to write the thing. :heh:

This, Really looking forward to the video now... :D

Also, my love of Alesha Dixon led me to rediscover/look these up earlier...

M with the I with the S, T double EE Q

Edited by Retro_Link

Really liked her on the X Factor and this mix tape proves that she could be a credible artist.

15 minutes long but it's a great introduction into what she's all about.

Bitch knows how to put on a performance. She may not have a Whitney style voice, but there's no denying she's a true pop-tart.

Plus, that jump. I just wish the majority of her material was as enjoyable as her lead singles.

Edited by Slaggis

I still find Call My Name disappointing. Will she ever top the arte that was her first album?

I dunno why they booked her though... I mean I do, because she'll help viewing figures... but it was incredibly lame of her to not sing live on a show that's all about The Voice. Make the effort!

Don't like the song either.

---

In stark contrast, did anyone see Jessie J the other week on Graham Norton?

Her live performance of Laserlight was absolutely incredible, I mean I knew she could sing and had a good voice, but I didn't realise just how good she was until I saw this. It was absolutely flawless.

Edited by Retro_Link

I dunno why they booked her though... I mean I do, because she'll help viewing figures... but it was incredibly lame of her to not sing live on a show that's all about The Voice. Make the effort!

Don't like the song either.

---

In stark contrast, did anyone see Jessie J the other week on Graham Norton?

Her live performance of Laserlight was absolutely incredible, I mean I knew she could sing and had a good voice, but I didn't realise just how good she was until I saw this. It was absolutely flawless.

She was singing, it's just her backing track was blatantly turned up to a point where you could only hear her on occasion. But, she danced hard. Had she stood on the spot and mimed, I'd have an issue. She put on a performance. I respect that she blatantly knows her strong points, and works them.

Jessie J, I've never quite understood. She obviously has a fantastic voice, but I can't help but feel she's a terrible singer. She manages to ruin a song during a live performance sometimes, purely because she seems to find it impossible to stick to the melody. Christina Aguilera is guilty of this sometimes, but Jessie J takes it to a whole another level.

Edited by Slaggis

Yeah I get that she went for the performance over the vocal aspect, and she did do a great routine, it was still only one song though (not like she's doing a concert), so I think she still could have put more effort into singing; it just wasn't right otherwise.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of Jessie J's music tbh, and you're totally right that even when she has a decent song, she often ruins it live with stupid voices/sounds and rifs; but it was just that performance that made me realise how incredible her voice actually is when she isn't messing around.

Miming due to having a dance routine is no excuse. Hayley Williams can jump around like a child on red bull and still sing great. :D

Everyone should give this a listen! It's Korean (of course) but not exactly pop. It's more R&B / rap. I'm just so blown away by E.via's (the girl's) rap in this song. She just destroys everyone. The guy also is worth listening to. I like how his chorus sounds somewhat creepy but sexually charged all the same.

The video is visually very beautiful / interesting too.

I don't know why this has suddenly made my obsessive song of the moment, but I keep humming the melody.

I have heard Placebo have done a cover, but have made a royal fuckup of it.

Love this guy. Criminally underrated and generally classed as a 1 hit wonder. Clearly not the case with songs like this but people don't seem interested :red:

I love it though!

Ridiculously good song that. Long, yes, but just shy of 11 minutes of absolute auditory bliss. Must remember to buy tickets so I can see them in Edinburgh at the end of June.

In love. A lot of people say: "Muse, dubstep wtf is this shit?" I say: "Muse, Orchestra, Choir, guitar with effects, nice drums, fucking awesome!"

Can't wait to see, what Muse will do with their new album. Hopefully it will be just as heavy as the last 30 seconds of this trailer imply.

Shame I found out too late that you had to apply for tickets for the European tour :(