NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

I think I'll join @dr4hkon in posting a trailer rather than a song, basically because I haven't heard anything remotely interesting lately..

I've been waiting for this for a while (as I'm sure @Fierce_LiNk has too :heh:) so it's great to see that Four, the next Bloc Party album, will be released in August :hehe:

Saw the video for the latest Bloc Party song the other day and I was dissapointed. It has quite a different sound, I'm not sure of that's indicative of the album or not.

Where..? :heh:
Bollocks strike that, I don't know what I'm talking about, it was the new Maximo Park song that I saw the video for!

[i think I'm over tired!... seeing that I pretty much own all of Bloc Party and Maximo Parks stuff].

Been starting to get into Bowie, so i've had a few of his songs on repeat this week

She's playing in Dublin this September, but I am likely to be at work training in the UK/some awkward part of the country and unable to go :(

Love her.

Can't get this out my head! Liking her new album!

Brilliant new album - my fave track from it. :love:

I'm loving both Sam Sparro's and Cheryl's too.

I've not enjoyed or bothered with Cheryl's previous album, but I'm enjoying some from this one. Ghetto Baby (Lana Del Rey is incredible), Screw You, Sexy Den a Mutha, Under The Sun and Call My Name are really enjoyable.

She's so flawless.

Edited by Slaggis

Yeah this album definitely has some great tracks.

Ghetto Baby is a Lana Del Ray song for me. From the lyrics to the beat - it's typical Lana. So I don't want to hear Cheryl sing it lol. It deviates from the rest of the album too much I think.

I'm quite a fan of Love Killer too.

Sam Sparro deserves so much more success. It's a shame he's classed as a 1 hit wonder as he now has 2 pretty great albums with some brilliant singles on each. But sadly people only really know him for Black and Gold. :red:

He's got such a unique voice.

I haven't been able to stop listening to this since hearing it live on saturday night/sunday morning. Just superb:

And also from one of my anticipated albums of the summer, the new single from The Gaslight Anthem:

Regardless of whatever anyone says (lots of fans apparently are outraged), I love it. I'm a huge Muse fan, though, so my opinion is biased. Survival is just ridiculously over the top. :D

Seems like it was written purely for the Olympics, but it fits perfectly.

..lots of fans apparently are outraged..

I can kinda see why.. :eek: I think it sounds terrible :hmm:

The Clansman by Iron Maiden

clancov.JPG

It's off the album Virtual XI which is by no means Iron Maiden's finest hour, and It's sung by Blaze Bailey who also by no means Iron Maiden's greatest frontman.

But Goddamn, What a song.

Blaze Bailey era's finest moment.

A new song for the US album.

But apart from this, I'm still obsessed with Radioactive. It's just so absolutely perfect. The "ready to be let down, now I'm heading for a meltdown" is stunning.

Every time Muse have released a new song for about the past five years, I've ended up listening to this:

Such a fall. Survival is horrible.

Bottom of the page again?!

This came on the "selection"* at work. As such it has gotten into my head.

*I don't know how this is done. I assume some person brought a mix in.

Hilary Duff is such a part of my life.

Come Clean (2005 Remix) is the first song I ever bought off iTunes for my new (at the time) iPod Nano. She has a distressing lack of authority to her singing voice, but has some stunning* singles.

Come on, that is just everything. Trying to fit a square into a circle was no life. I defy. bold

Bad but I love:

REACH OUT AND TOUCH MAYYYY! - Love it! Whooooooreeeee [/Drag Me To Hell]

*gasp* She loves the gheys too!

:heart:

*if you convince yourself you love them, you will.

Recently rediscovered Carrie Underwood. She has been over here promoting her album (Blown Away) which I have listened to on Spotify and I really like. I've fallen a bit in love with her.

I remember her song 'Before He Cheats' from a few years back which I loved at the time.

Her new album has some cracking tracks on. Blown Away is a great song:

My favourite though is 'Two Black Cadillacs'. The lyrics are very clever. 2 women both being played off by the same guy. What do they do? They kill the bastard! The song is the story of the funeral haha.

She is absolutely amazing live. Really good album!