NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

I don't get it.

The woman's voice is uncannily similar to Bjork. So so similar.

I can't tell who how excited I am about Janelle Monae's upcoming new album "The Electric Lady"

She is my diva. I love her. I've seen her live 3 times and I've got a poster of her on my wall. Just... urgh.

It's not been officially released but I can't stop listening to this clear live performance of her next single, Electric Lady. It's so funky and catchy... I wonder if this will throw her into the mainstream. Featuring on fun.'s We Are Young might have helped.

^ I wish she had done more on We Are Young. She felt really pointless on that song, which she should never be.

Her album reminds me of the start of first year of uni. Specifically waiting in the enrolment queue. I barely listen to it now...but I really really like it.

She's kind of just done 2 years of solid "features" on other people's songs. So I'm excited to finally get some new stuff solidly by just her.

The ArchAndroid is kind of a weekly listen for me. I also love her previous two albums. The Audition was never properly released and is a bit of a mixed bunch (the producers wanted to push her in a certain direction because she was a young, African American woman) but Metropolis is amazing amazing amazing. There's a lot more Janelle Monae out there already then people realise.

I just... love her style, her message. Why she wears the black and white suits is really interesting and her message to young women and minorities always seems so genuine.

To me, the ArchAndroid is a much subtler and more beautiful comment on the government's obsession with defining what types of love are allowed then things like Born This Way. Janelle's message speaks to me a lot more... and her love performances are so funny and cheeky and inventive.

I'm gushing.

I know it's been posted before, but Ellie Goulding's new song really is incredible! Plus there's a video now.

Really looking forward to hearing more off the new album, only a couple of weeks now!

Was listening to Lights aswell earlier, Great song!

Her new album is brilliant. One of my faves this year. This is one of the stand out tracks. I really love Nelly's voice. Her album is punctuated with clips of her foolin round in the studio / laughing and each song kinda drifts onto the next. I love.

Since it's release a week or two ago, I've been playing P!nks "The Truth about love" album loads.

Well, motherfuck me..the song's hot, as hell.

It's certainly an awful lot better than Survival and Madness :indeed:

I know it's been posted before, but Ellie Goulding's new song really is incredible! Plus there's a video now.

Really looking forward to hearing more off the new album, only a couple of weeks now!

Was listening to Lights aswell earlier, Great song!

:hug::heart:

I've pre-ordered the limited edition of Halcyon.

CANNOT WAIT.

:)

Streaming the whole new Muse album from the Grauniad website right now. It's pretty good!

This is the cheekiest song of the year:

Been listening to Talking Heads as a result as well, who are awesome. :grin:

Been listening to a lot of prog rock lately - stuff like Emerson Lake and Palmer, Rush, Yes, Genesis (the Peter Gabriel era, not Phil Collins)

Be interesting to see what all the Muse fans on here think of stuff like this, considering they've been influenced a lot by classic prog.

Here are some of my favourite prog songs/albums. It would take ages to listen to them all, and it certainly is an acquired taste as it's a bit pretentious and not your average stuff. But I like how the songs are structured and like the crazy tempo/key changes and chord progressions.

Well a @ReZourceman post on Facebook got me listening to my soundtracks from The OC. I'd forgotten how great they are.

The OC was an amazing show in so many ways, but especially the music. It introduced me to so much new stuff at the time; and you could go on the website to look at the music featured in each of the epidodes.

'Bands' such as: The 88, Death Cab for Cutie, Beck, BoyKillBoy, Imogen Heap, LCD Soundsystem, The Dandy Warhols, and it brought awareness to new acts at the time like The Subways or The Thrills due to the live music bar they had in the show.

It made songs like Forever Young,

I'm pretty sure it introduced me to Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah,

and it featured awesome covers like Champaigne Supernova (Matt Pond PA) and Yellow (Petra Haden's).

And I've rediscovered this beautiful song which I'd forgotten about but absolutely love

Edited by Retro_Link

I'm loving Gangham Style. I want to know what he's actually saying though and what is a Gangham. Either way, the song's addictive, I can't stop humming it.

I'm loving Gangham Style. I want to know what he's actually saying though and what is a Gangham. Either way, the song's addictive, I can't stop humming it.

Apparently, Gangnam is an area of Seoul full of rich people and lots of money. So Gangnam Style is basically just another way of saying 'bling'.

OK so I have always been a fan of Charlotte Church.

Tissues and Issues was a great pop album and the lead single is, IMO, on of the best pop songs of the last 10 years.

61pCSxuBKtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Her follow up was a totally different sound and a new direction for her. However, I still loved. Charlotte has a fantastic singing voice and these songs had so much more to them than the throw away pop from her first mainstream album.

51QvAHVbfkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

She is now back with a series of EP's that she is releasing on her own label.

The below song, 'How Not To Be Scared When You're A Ghost' - is brilliant. It is a commercial fail what with there being no naked flesh, sick beat or David Guetta nod (lol) but that kinda makes it that bit more special.

Seriously good.

61GvvYEjkpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I just got back from seeing her in Leeds. She was just so stunningly amazing. She just oozes personality, charm and so much energy. I love her so much. :love:

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

Quality abit sucky. :)

This song is just amazing. She is incredible. There is nothing but nothing like her or like this style at the minute and it's amazing. Shove your dance shit - get on this haha.

I also LOVE this performance of Video Games below:

I know people think she's rubbish live - but I disagree. She's just awkward and finding her way.

With stress building up big time and several big decisions that need to be made (some life changing), I'm glad I have music to fall back on and instil some form of inner peace:

This song is awesome. Extra special bonus points to anyone who knows why.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Been listening to a lot of prog rock lately - stuff like Emerson Lake and Palmer, Rush, Yes, Genesis (the Peter Gabriel era, not Phil Collins)

Be interesting to see what all the Muse fans on here think of stuff like this, considering they've been influenced a lot by classic prog.

Can't see those Youtube vids, so sorry if I'm repeating anything you've already pointed out. Misplaced Childhood and Clutching at Straws from Fish-era Marillion are two absolutely brilliant albums. Their first two albums are pretty good too, but the album tracks are a little ropey.