NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

Since seeing these guys twice last week I'm kind of addicted to them.

I love the dancing around

. It's how I imagine @Josh64 dances.

Since seeing these guys twice last week I'm kind of addicted to them.

I love the dancing around

. It's how I imagine @Josh64 dances.

I've never heard these before but I quite like them (and the video!)

and hahahaha, if only. My dancing is more stiff and terrifying, like the Tin man in wizard of Oz

pic07tin-man.jpg

Edited by Josh64

When i actually get some free time to just listen to music, this has been really comforting for me these days.

The way she sings it perfectly, damn. It's with a tinge of sadness but without overflowing whimsicalness. These lyrics particularly grab me - (it suits me right now, almost too well) -

Hunger hurts, and I want him so bad, oh, it kills. But I know I'm a mess he don't wanna clean up.

I don't feel justified, come on put a little love here in my void. He said it's all in your head and I said so's everything but he didn't get it.

Hunger hurts, but starving, it works.

I am so glad these girls are doing some new material again.

New song absolutely rules the world for me and they look amazing in the video.

After watching GREAT TEACHER ONIZUKA recently I've been really into this guy.

I want his shirt.

When i actually get some free time to just listen to music, this has been really comforting for me these days.

The way she sings it perfectly, damn. It's with a tinge of sadness but without overflowing whimsicalness. These lyrics particularly grab me - (it suits me right now, almost too well) -

Hunger hurts, and I want him so bad, oh, it kills. But I know I'm a mess he don't wanna clean up.

I don't feel justified, come on put a little love here in my void. He said it's all in your head and I said so's everything but he didn't get it.

Hunger hurts, but starving, it works.

Fiona Aple is life.

I assume you have her first album and most recent one too? Both stunners.

There's nothing wrong when

A song ends

In a minor key

- Werewolf, The Idler Wheel..., 2012

----

I've been massively into P!nk in the wake of her new album, which is more of the same from her, but reminded me I have all her albums (except her first one, but that's not even her style) and loved them when they came out. The video for this new song is great:

And when I wake up THIS MORNING I am rushing out to buy Taylor Swift's new album. Speak Now is one of my favourite albums from beginning to end. It's perfect. I hear this new one is a bit different and not as stun, but my body is ready.

This is the Jesus and Mary Chain crossed with Electronica.

Where have you been all my life?

And when I wake up THIS MORNING I am rushing out to buy Taylor Swift's new album. Speak Now is one of my favourite albums from beginning to end. It's perfect. I hear this new one is a bit different and not as stun, but my body is ready.

I am disappointed.

Aside from the first 6 songs. :shakehead

A while ago I tripped across djBC and some interesting mash ups http://www.djbc.net/mashes/

favourite though - everything on Fluent in Moe - Hip hop + Ska(ish) = win

Also pretty hyped to be seeing Amanda Palmer tomorrow following the new album - two favourites

Think I'm gonna like this more and more each time I hear it.

Edited by Retro_Link

I am disappointed.

Aside from the first 6 songs. :shakehead

NO, NO. DON'T YOU SAY THAT. :blank:

I haven't listened to it yet...

;)

NO, NO. DON'T YOU SAY THAT. :blank:

I haven't listened to it yet...

;)

It's ok it's ok... they're growing on me!

Let us not fight :hug: lol.

I've listened to 1-8, and i really really like it.

I Knew You Were Trouble is really interesting. In a good way.

I've listened to 1-8, and i really really like it.

I Knew You Were Trouble is really interesting. In a good way.

Yeah I love that track.

My favourite is State of Grace and All Too Well - wowzers to both. :grin:

In other news, Godspeed You! Black Emperor released a new album recently. Here's a youtube video of the whole thing. It's swiftly moving up my album of the year list, think it might well be number 1.

Also @Fierce_LiNk - you're right! Never put that together before but now you mention it, makes a lot of sense.

How do you tag people properly on this forum?

Edited by ipaul

How do you tag people properly on this forum?

It might work better if you spell his name correctly. :p

It might work better if you spell his name correctly. :p

Ah so that's all there is to it. Spelling rulez.

Yeah I love that track.

My favourite is State of Grace and All Too Well - wowzers to both. :grin:

Yeah it's a different album for her. While Speak Now is actually *perfect* and the ultimate complete zenith of her amazing 'makes you want to run through the streets in a ballgown towards/from your one true love' sound, RED is much more...mature? Even though it's her first foray into pop/electronic sounds on this album... I loved her mission statement in the booklet. That this album wasn't about the love we all want, the love that is meant to last forever, it's about 'red' love. Love that ends/explodes or something. And that makes sense. There's few epic sweeping songs here, and while maybe that's disappointing at first, I hear a maturity and growth. I guess she's probably done with those sort of grand/'girly' romantic gestures atm.

If you remove the (admittedly fun by flighty) pop songs from RED, you can TELL she's growing up. The production is more raw, more rock (a little), and just it feels like someone who isn't trying to say everything anymore, just detail what matters to her atm. Something like this tracklist:

State of Grace - yessssss. About Jake Gylanhaal. Ugh. I wish I was either of them.

Red - Hey hints of electronic sound

Treacherous - To me this is like...her admission she's had sex. Finally.

All Too Well <3 <3

I Almost Do

The Last Time - Nice appearance from Snow Patrol, guess she was going for her own Set The Fire To The Third Bar?

Holy Ground <3

Sad Beautiful Tragic - love the mutedness of the production

The Lucky One <3 - LOVE THIS one actually. It's like Britney's Lucky only filtered through another dimension. The melody is everything.

Everything Has Changed - Considering I'm "..." on Ed Sheeran, this is nice

Begin Again <3 - Reminds me of Tin Angel by Joni Mitchell. Not in atmosphere, just sentiment.

Throw in The Moment I Knew somewhere there too.

To me you can tell where she's at now. But the pop stuff shows a willingness to just do whatever and fits the theme of 'red love'. I think all this 'red' business is just her polite way of referencing the concept of 'no promises, no strings' etc. Sort of. Like she realises that's what life is about. But she still retains the bit I love about her stuff, the romantic stuff.

SORRY I LOVE HER SHE IS EVERYTHING.

It's not Speak Now and I think that's thrown people, but I love that she's shown she can do that stuff, can write these epic songs, but now wants to explore *this* side of things.

Basically had it on repeat since I got it.

EDIT:

My thoughts on the unmentioned tracks:

We Are Never... - Very fun actually. Sounds like a sober Ke$ha. The best of the pop ones.

22 - Fuuuuuun buuuuuut maybe needs more sex/drugs/rocknroll to really work? Sorry.

Starlight - Want to love love it and sounds nice but not quite there for me. EDIT: It does give me the image of her with hair tied up and wearing a blue/yellow dress - and there's font of some sort all with a cheap and tacky 'glow' effect, like something you'd find in GIMP.

I Knew You Were Trouble. - The infamous dubstep song!! Fun but doesn't actually feel like anything special to me. I love how the production really works though. The full-stop in the title is my best though.

Stay Stay Stay - The only one I'd completely remove because I don't like. LAME.

Edited by Paj!

Oh @Paj\! - i do love your detail!

I like the album - I'm not crazy in love with it, but it's good.

There are a few songs on there that I think are some of her best work and as you point out, more mature. But the whole album from start to finish doesn't hold my attention like Speak Now did / does.

Although not many albums can actually do that.

The more I listen the more I like though.

:grin:

Yeah if I suddenly click on a Speak Now track it does feel very different. I am biased though since I know Speak Now so well.

P.S Starlight is growing on me with each listen. *spins*

Also:

Probably not best choice for a single but this album is on track to sell 1million units in the first week *faints* so she can release whatever the fuck she wants. And it's a lovely closing song for the album. I think Red will be the next pushed single, she performed it on Letterman.

And can I just say...this is fierce.

121002_taylor-swift.png

Unf. I wish I was her.

She is a very underrated pop songwriter. She has those *killer* lines that she does so well. The lines other people might base an entire song around.

*lips parted and fringe in eyes, floppy hat blocking the song, he walks away through the corn fields*

I've listened to it all now and i love it. It's probably not as good as Speak Now but it's still brilliant.

She's an unbelievably good songwriter. Everything she puts in each song seems to be perfect and work so great at complimenting each other. I'm really into State of Grace atm, that's my favourite so far. After more listens that'll no doubt change. :p

Fiona Aple is life.

I assume you have her first album and most recent one too? Both stunners.

There's nothing wrong when

A song ends

In a minor key

- Werewolf, The Idler Wheel..., 2012

----

well duh. of course I have all albums, I think her new is contending to be my favourite of hers actually. Might even take over When The Pawn... ! I think her main single, Every Single Night, and Periphery are the standouts for me / they're the most fun to listen to, particularly her war cries in Periphery. Yessss.

What's your favourite? Anything standing out for you? *cups face in hands*

Although I don't expect her music to be the most relatable when you're in love :p