NEurope
Aneres11

What song(s) are you really into at the moment?!

Love me some Carrie! I LOVE several songs on her new album, and the two you posted blow away (lel) the rest. It all gets a bit too MOR in the middle, but pleasant enough.

Love the lyrics/stories to both of those songs. 2 of her best songs ever, certainly.

PAJ!'S ALBUM THOUGHTS OF LATE

Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do (that was off the top of my head!)

Amazing, of course. Great. A++

Patti Smith - Outside Society

Just a 'greatest hits' but I have Horses, her iconic one, so it's all I really wanted. Plus it was £2 in Fopp. She is an oft-overlooked icon.

Grimes - Visions

One everyone cool is talking about/in love with. I really like it. Initially quite background-music-y but actually very pop is you listen. Hard to describe. Very pitchfork. Sounds like Kylie Minogue if she was an alien who made experimental pop vignettes.

Carrie Underwood - Blown Away

As described above, gets a bit MOR in the middle, but all done nicely and no STINKERS, but does not live up to the brilliant opening few songs.

Kitty Pryde - ha ha, i'm sorry EP

I love her so much. Half for being named after an X-Men character, half because she feels like the deadly spawn of the OFWGKTA sound and Carly Rae Jepsen. Who is sampled in Give Me Scabies. Female rap is back, but this such a lol. H8rz will burn.

Azealia Banks - 1991 EP

EVERYTHING. Everything. everything. *gasps*. Ooh la la la flirted with a cool French dude named Antoine, wanna taste the pastry chocolate croissants? I'm an Azealia stan.

Garbage - Not Your Kind Of People

I rarely listen to Garbage now, they remind me of being 13/14 and first actually caring about music beyond chart-y singles. I wasn't really interested in this coming out, and it's fine, like nothing wrong with it, but nothing stunning. I enjoy it, but it's also something I'd leave to burn were my house to catch fire. I might actually want it to burn.

Stacie Orrico - S/T

Her first album, from a charity shop, yes. The Christian pop goddess. LOVED her singles when she first came out, they still hold up. Surprisingly not awful.

Regina Spektor - What We Saw From The Cheap Seats

I really enjoy this. It's like Far never happened! Produced nicely and short but sweet. However I do feel like she's lost a lot of her incredible insight and character studies from her first few albums (pre-Begin To Hope) that I keep hoping will come back, but never quite does. But much better than her last album.

Marilyn Manson - Born Villain

I bought this in one of my 'I could be a rocker' moods. I do like him. He feels vaguely queer. It's ok. Nothing stands out though.

Katy Perry - Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection

Contentious statement: * Teenage Dream is a modern pop classic, whether you like it or not. *

The Hunger Games Soundtrack

Gorgeous! Seriously - packed with a lot of cool indie/alt-country stuff, v.nice and though not really related to the film (no song here appears in it), they all thematically cohere/relate I guess. Lovely.

Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded

If you wasn't so ugly, I'd put my dick in your face.

Regardless of whatever anyone says (lots of fans apparently are outraged), I love it. I'm a huge Muse fan, though, so my opinion is biased. Survival is just ridiculously over the top. :D

Seems like it was written purely for the Olympics, but it fits perfectly.

I'm a pretty big Muse fan. Or, rather, I used to be. Don't think much of their last few songs/last album and Survival is dreadful. :sad:

I wish they would stop with this "thing" they've got going on at the moment. Where every song tries too hard to be this "epic" stadium rock masterpiece. I miss the days of Origin of Symmetry where the majority of the tracks were brilliant in their own right, without ever sounding intrusive. It seems more honest, for some reason.

They should've just re-released Bliss.

I'm usually pretty cold on Adele but I really like this remix, although mostly for the non Adele bits.

Hejira is quite unlike any album I've ever heard. It is quite astounding. And not in the way albums sounds nice/good and you love them, it's just such a great mediation on (her) life at the time of writing and properly evokes the feeling of her travel during the making of it, absorbing everything and spouting out stuff. It talks of a journey/hijira in the literal sense, but also spiritual, mental, etc etc. Goodness.

This is just pure pop perfection and the exact sound I wanted to hear from them for their first 'proper' release.

It's great.

How come I don't know anything of her? Who is she, and why is she so awesome?

How come I don't know anything of her? Who is she, and why is she so awesome?

dude wut?

She's just amazing.

Listening on some Ragnarok music, alot of rock and some techno when im tired.

P!nk is back!

I fuckin love her. She is probably the coolest woman on the planet. And what I like so much about her is the sheer commitment to her fans.

Song is typical for her - but when can you have too much P!nk?!!

Genuinely making me want to go out and get an acoustic so I can play along:

Really addicted to his stuff now. Just really laid back, easy to listen to music that still adds a bit of punch to keep you bobbing along. The combo of that quieter mid-section and bouncy final chorus has really got its hooks in me.

Well I'm currently reliving my college years music wise, Current Grooveshark play list consists of...

Brand New

Alexisonfire

Taking Back Sunday

Story of The Year

Senses Fail

Silverstein

Fallout Boy

Finch

Some really really great memories flooding back to me while listening to this lot at the moment. Simpler times when the only work I had to worry about was College work, and then my first job was just warehouse worker so appearance wasn't everything.... Going out on a Wednesday night to Propaganda was a compulsory weekly ritual.

man... good times.

getting old sucks.

Having remained in my Korean embryonic fluid, i present

such a cute / aegyo song. The 2 singing are absolutely gorgeous too. I can leave this on repeat for hours.

Heartbreaking, makes me cry every time I hear it. People should listen / google his story. *gasps for air*

Regardless of whatever anyone says (lots of fans apparently are outraged), I love it. I'm a huge Muse fan, though, so my opinion is biased. Survival is just ridiculously over the top. :D

Seems like it was written purely for the Olympics, but it fits perfectly.

I love it too. I've had it on repeat at work.

REM's Country Feedback, the live performance version specifically. This was mentioned in a webcomic I was reading and oh my sweet god in heaven. That guitar solo alone makes me glad that I'm a member of a species that evolved audio receptors.

Been listening to Vanessa Carlton again the last few days.

Be Not Nobody was my first proper 'artist' album that I bought and virtually worn out! It has such great memories for me!

B000068FO6.jpg

Her subsequent albums have all offered their share of greatness and I've always enjoyed listening to her.

:love:

[it may be a cover but] FINALLY! we have something new from Ellie Goulding!

*could do without Tinie Tempah swearing over it, but still*

I'm usually pretty cold on Adele but I really like this remix, although mostly for the non Adele bits.

Enjoyed that. Everything Jamie XX touches turns to gold. Thanks for posting!

Azealia Banks - 1991 EP

EVERYTHING. Everything. everything. *gasps*. Ooh la la la flirted with a cool French dude named Antoine, wanna taste the pastry chocolate croissants? I'm an Azealia stan.

Regina Spektor - What We Saw From The Cheap Seats

I really enjoy this. It's like Far never happened! Produced nicely and short but sweet. However I do feel like she's lost a lot of her incredible insight and character studies from her first few albums (pre-Begin To Hope) that I keep hoping will come back, but never quite does. But much better than her last album.

Need to check these out!

My current jams

Dirty Projectors!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Hot Chip!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Lianne La Havas!

Not sure about the album. Some of it sounds a bit overblown and average. Just her and a lovely jazzy guitar is all I need.

Also, didn't know this was out. Time for bose.

orange3.jpg

Felt like listening to something new. So I decided to subscribe to a recommend playlist on Spotify. Turned out to be @Daft's.

Love how it takes a few seconds to start listening to a new playlist of 800 odd songs.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I was on a bus when I decided to listen to the playlist.

Edited by Cube

Not being bias or anything, but...

best

playlist

ever.

comic-book-guy.jpg

I went on a bit of a spending spree in Cardiff and bought a few albums for dirt cheap prices. One of them was a bit of a gamble: Death in Vegas - Scorpio Rising.

What a fantastic album it is. Every song is different, yet it is all part of the connective. Help Yourself is my favourite song off the album.

It's everything. It's mellow, but pure rock at the same time. It really kicks in at around the 5 minute mark. Parts of it sound like it wouldn't feel out of place in a James Bond soundtrack, part of it feels like a Beatles India-inspired song, another part is a spiritual journey, and the other part reminds me of my Mum's cooking when I was a kid, sweet but spicy in all the right places.

I'M IN HEAVEN.