N-Europe

Fast Food

ReZourceman

I have to jump in on the mayonaise-loving bandwagon! I do like it.

I have the light version with salads, but the real fatty one (made with eggs and sometimes lemon) goes on chips (though I have ketchup too).

It's actually a national thing in Belgium, chips with mayonaise. Mmmmm. Now I want some!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never understood the big love for franchise pizzas. They are ALWAYS ridiculously overpriced. Local pizza chains nearly always do things bigger and cheaper - usually have great collection prices (BOGOF!). May have to do a bit of exploring to find the best pizza place, but once you do you're sorted :)

I've personally never had a "nice" non-chain-pizza-cheap-place-takeaway thing. Seriously...they're always kind of rank. The pepperoni (I have found) lacks depth of flavour, the cheese is always boring or unsuitable for pizza, and the tomato sauce is undercooked/not cooked out/just plain tomato paste and often bitter.

I'd love to find an epic cheap Pizza place.

ChicagoTown TakeAway pizza are....god...pretty immense though. Its kind of a different beast but....they do taste pretty fantastic. :eek:

(clearly we can disregard mr-paul's opinion as he dislikes all of that stuff - and ReZ's too because - well, it's rez's opinion :P He doesn't like red onions!!)

They're so devil-like!!!!!!!! :(:eek:

I've personally never had a "nice" non-chain-pizza-cheap-place-takeaway thing. Seriously...they're always kind of rank. The pepperoni (I have found) lacks depth of flavour, the cheese is always boring or unsuitable for pizza, and the tomato sauce is undercooked/not cooked out/just plain tomato paste and often bitter.

I'd love to find an epic cheap Pizza place.

ChicagoTown TakeAway pizza are....god...pretty immense though. Its kind of a different beast but....they do taste pretty fantastic. :eek:

I have a feeling you might be very critical of pizzas. :heh:

Hardees is my fast food chain of choice due to their line of thickburgers

Just look at these beauties

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjZKfUZK1F4fjIaNopkJoD8JqQQf7QXBFiacp9Xhb8RROymLOsWw

and my personal favorite

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9KQVGS8A0SteReMkY3jyUEfRthzl8o-tfaK8aWBLi7cz3ZDix5Q

Both of these images look suprisingly similar to their real word counterparts

Hmm. I’m not a big fast food guy. But.

- I prefer McDonalds over Burger King. Mind that I only eat at McDonalds once every 6 months, when I get a craving for a McDonalds burger (the simple one) and some McNuggets. I don’t eat anything else there apart from some fries occasionally.

- I prefer “real†hamburgers, but I can’t explain what would define a real hamburger, it has to do with the meat. They can be hard to find here actually.. Me and a friend love the hamburgers at a festival, but that’s only once a year.. There’s a hamburger stand in my hometown, but I haven’t been there for quite some time. As far as franchises go, here in The Netherlands we have [La Place], they have excellent burgers, but they are a bit too pricy and well, the burgers are served as whole meals there. That’s because La Place isn’t really a fast food place, they actually have excellent food. Then there’s [Burger bar], very expensive, but so worth it. But they’re only in Amsterdam. I don’t come there often either..

- Milkshakes: At [Swirls], but they’re also pretty hard to find. And they have limited choice of flavours (they’re small stores), but I usually stick to vanilla anyway.

- Fries. Yes, like in Belgium, as Eenuh explained, here in The Netherlands we have a great fries tradition as well :D. They have what we (Dutch) call Flemish fries, they’re thicker than ours. Anyway, the Dutch thing to do is to “drown†them in mayonaise, like Quentin Tarantino explained in Pulp Fiction. I used to do as well, but I’ve outgrown that, and I actually prefer to eat them dry than to use mayonaise, but what I like best is peanut sauce. As far as franchises go, [Bram Ladage] is simply the best, but you can find fries everywhere.

- Other franchises: we have Subways, but eventhough I like meat, the stench of meat there is simply overwhelming, and I lose any appetite I may have had when I walk passed one. I don’t go there. Domino’s and Pizza hut: I don’t prefer one over the other.. I think? Perhaps Pizza Hut. I like pizza, and a slice is great for a quick snack. I like Hawaiian, things with Pesto, or hot stuff with green peppers and salami. Still though, they’re great snacks, but nothing beats a real pizza from an Italian.

- Sauces / Condiments: depends on what I put it on.

Like I said, I’ve outgrown to put mayonaise on my fries, usually eating them dry or with peanut sauce, but I still eat it once in a while. But I only like a particular kind of brand. I don’t like most other mayonaises you get in fast-food stands.

On hamburgers.. Well, I simply like the taste of the meat, so I often eat those dry as well. On homemade burgers, I like to do to what they do with the Burger King Whoppers, mayonaise and ketchup, together with the onions, pickles and tomatoes. Or dry but with baked onions.

On McDonalds McNuggets: always BBQ sause ;).

Why don't you all make your own pizzas? So easy. I have a recipe for dough, if anyone wants it.

1. Make dough.

2. Cook toppings.

3. Put toppings on.

4. Bake.

5. :D

I like McDonalds, but I stopped eating it because...it's just so bad (nutritionally), for so little (amount). I'd rather have something decadent, like a fancy dessert or expensive dish. I've never had Subway, don't understand why I have to pay so much for bread and sandwich ingredients. I love the McD's and KFCs in Asia though, with their rice, pasta, noodles, and mashed potato. I hate KFC here, there's basically nothing for me to eat since I don't eat chicken.

Edited by EddieColeslaw