NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

So apparently Arrietty from Ghibili Studio is out on DVD/Blu-ray on Monday, anyone seen it and is it any good?

Was also wondering if anyone has seen Legend Of The Millennium Dragon which I've only just found out about as well?

So apparently Arrietty from Ghibili Studio is out on DVD/Blu-ray on Monday, anyone seen it and is it any good?

Yeah it's a decent effort. :) It's a good adaptation of the borrowers and done with the usual Ghibli finesse nothing to sing home about though in terms of story but short and sweet. Animation wise it would look great in Bluray. :D

New here, no way I'm reading all 7 pages of posts lol. Recently I'm watching Gintama, Chihayafuru, Hunter x Hunter and Squid Girl. Gintama and Hunter x Hunter are awesome, Chihayafuru is alright and Squid Girl is not bad. Anyone else watching/watched these shows?

New here, no way I'm reading all 7 pages of posts lol. Recently I'm watching Gintama, Chihayafuru, Hunter x Hunter and Squid Girl. Gintama and Hunter x Hunter are awesome, Chihayafuru is alright and Squid Girl is not bad. Anyone else watching/watched these shows?

All 7 pages, you shoulda seen the last one! Had hundreds of pages I'm sure =P

Welcome to the forum by the way :)

Edited by Raining_again

Bloody hell, 100 pages?! What happened to the old thread? And thanks, I guess I should post my anime list on here... But I can't cause I haven't made enough posts :P

myanimelist.net/f00had

Anyone reading Shingeki no Kyojin? :D

I heard they're making a movie of it next year. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingeki_no_Kyojin

Edited by f00had

sooo...new winter season releases are still airing through the week but I've pretty much saw what i've been meaning to watch.

Rinne no Lagrange: Your tipical high school girl pilots giant robot series

Another: Somthing about a creepy ghost girl haunting a high school

Kill Me Baby: Your standard three pannel manga adaptation sort of like Azumanga Daioh with little girl assassins and ninjas.

Thats pretty much what i'll be watching through the season.

Also been watching Planetes which I bought a few days ago, caught some of it on that old anime channel Anime Central a few years ago but the channel got pulled before I could see the entire series >_>

Been needing to add alot to MAL too but I keep puting it off, I'll do it some time though.

Bloody hell, 100 pages?! What happened to the old thread? And thanks, I guess I should post my anime list on here... But I can't cause I haven't made enough posts :P

myanimelist.net/f00had

I heard they're making a movie of it next year. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingeki_no_Kyojin

we had issues with ghost pages and uber long threads had to be culled :)

Oh and heres my mal if anyone wants to add - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Raining_Again

Anyone not watching Nisemonogatari is a very silly individual, those who haven't even watched Bakemonogatari, shame on you, go watch it now so you can watch Nisemonogatari.

oooh is there a new series/spinoff? must check it out, i luuuuuuved bakemonogatari :3

Approved!

Episode 1 has already been released, Nisemongatari is the sequel to Bakemonogatari. Also the prequel Kizumonogatari will be adapted into a movie this year too, it details how Araragi became a vampire. Lots to look forward too

Awesome gonna check that out.

BTW Amagami SS+ has also started, just watched episode 2. It seems that each girl gets 2 episodes now so there'll only 12 episodes in total.

Just finished watching Summer Wars on Netflix. I quite enjoyed it, nice little movie mixing the high tech and the traditional Japanese stuff. Got a bit overdramatic near the end but I can live with that.

Any one here watching Gundam Age? Just as it finally starts getting good, it just has to go and completely break my heart. This weeks episode was fucking brutal, my heart hasn't sunk so hard since Madoka.

I finished the first 6 seasons of Naurto Unleashed, loved it. The filler episodes for the rest of season 6 werent that bad, nice to see some of the lesser characters I like get more screen time so I have ordered the rest along with the complete season 1 of Shippuden.

For season 6 yeah, they werent that bad, well the story arc with the dude from the very first episode who went bad wasnt all that good but the rest I liked. I like alot of the characters who dont get much time to shine so to see them more is fine with me.

I hope they stop using the same plot device for each story arc though, Naruto going on the search for his pal blah blah. I got the last 3 seasons for under £8 each.

Whttffff...

Nobody watches the fillers and likes them.

It didn't bug you that they devolved to toilet humour and snotty kid jokes and the animation hit rock bottom? That minor characters are portrayed entirely out of character. That Naruto becomes a babbling moron who, despite having just resolved to do whatever it takes to train and save Sasuke, and having had the biggest fight of his life, becomes an incompetent fool again. That he uses his rasengan, which was initially very cool, to beat every single enemy, unless he's busy using it to make ramen or propel a boat forward.

Okay, at least try and imagine that you're waiting for Part 2 to start, and instead you have to put up with filler episodes once a week for over a year and a half. At least imagine our pain...

lol - I can see why everyone hates them, having to put up with filler for that long must of been hard as fook. But I am knocking these seasons out in under a day, I imagine if it was one a week I wouldnt bother.

I do have one complaint with Naruto as a whole, the need to recap shit over and over gets on my tits. Yes I remember I dont need to be told again that this and that happened.

I've been looking at the episode list for Shippuden and there are looooooooooads of them. I hope they all get dubbed. I've noticed its been a while since they showed a new episode in the States. Have to say though I'm impressed with how often new episodes were shown before this break.

Yeah the recap is just more filler, so at least you hate filler to some degree :heh: Basically anything which is put in to keep them from either a) catching up with the manga or b) having to take any kind of break.

The only defense of the flashbacks/recaps is to remember that it wasn't meant to be watched all at once. Sometimes a recap is actually useful when that scene was 3-4 episodes ago, which was actually about a month ago.

I finished the first 6 seasons of Naurto Unleashed, loved it. The filler episodes for the rest of season 6 werent that bad, nice to see some of the lesser characters I like get more screen time so I have ordered the rest along with the complete season 1 of Shippuden.

You might want to hold a bit with ordering more Shippuuden, I mean you can watch it for free and legally at crunchyroll.com.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/naruto-shippuden

Whttffff...

Nobody watches the fillers and likes them.

I did watch all the fillers and thought they were ok, some even funny. However, with Shippuuden, they have been just a pain in the arse > : ( Luckily, seems like the story is starting again, finally...

Thanks for the link mate, I dont really want to watch them in Japanese until I have no choice.

Ah, right, yeah you mentioned the English dub. I think it's the vice versa for me now: started with the Japanese voices, so want to finish with them as well xD