NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

I usually give all the new shows a few weeks before I start watching. That way the good shows will be the ones everyone is going on about and there will be 3-4 episodes to watch at once.

So far I'm only really interested in watching Space Brothers, Sankarea and the one Sunrise is doing about a kid trapped in an online game, the name eludes me.

---

Additionally... how much does it suck Manga, who have been trying for years, finally get the rights to release Dragon Ball Z in the UK and bring us the horrible orange remastered sets? Give me a legit release of the yellow Dragon Boxes the US now have and I will give them my money. Until then, I guess I'll stick to the Blue HK Dragon Box bootlegs they were selling on eBay a few years ago.

---

Additionally x 2, Another was a pretty cool anime. However, I think the story will work better in the live action adaptation coming out soon. Looking forward to seeing that.

Edited by Guy
I always edit.

---

Additionally... how much does it suck Manga, who have been trying for years, finally get the rights to release Dragon Ball Z in the UK and bring us the horrible orange remastered sets? Give me a legit release of the yellow Dragon Boxes the US now have and I will give them my money. Until then, I guess I'll stick to the Blue HK Dragon Box bootlegs they were selling on eBay a few years ago.

---

The Orange Bricks cost less, no way they were going to pay for the Dragon Boxes. The reason it took them so long was the cost of the licence and they didn't think they would sell enough to cover it.

I appreciate we are finally getting the series but I'm afraid it's too late, already imported the Dragon Boxes ages ago. They are a bit overpriced as well but I guess that's expected somewhat.

Aniplex USA have licensed Bakemonogatari, it's taken it long enough to come over, I just hope the Blu ray isn't too expensive, knowing Aniplex USA it'll have expensive Limited edition treatment before we get a standalone copy for a good price.

Eureka Seven AO episode 1 subs are out! Definitely get around to watching it if you were a fan of the original series!

Felt a massive chill near the end of the episode. You'll probably understand why once you watch it =P

It's been so long since I watched the original series, I might have to revisit it first. Maybe I'll watch a couple of episodes a week and by the time I finish, there'll be plenty of AO for me to dive into :D

That's the best way to do it I reckon. Although I had already watched it 3 times, there was something in the very first chapter of the manga version of AO regarding the chronology that didn't make sense and another watch of the first series cleared up the confusion.

It's definitely a direct sequel (unlike the movie they did), so they aired a recap that hasn't been subbed by any one yet.

Manga Entertainment UK has today confirmed that the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OVA Collection, which consists of four different OVA Episodes and a Digital Comic Collection, will be released into the UK later this year.

The News comes direct from MangaUK's official Twitter account, stating that not only will the OVA Collection be released in the UK, but it will also be released as part of a Blu-ray / DVD Combo Pack.

At the same time as the Twitter announcement MangaUK Shared more details about the OVA Collection's content on its official Facebook page:

We are happy to announce that we will be releasing Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OVA and Digital Comic in the UK as a Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack in October. Aiming for 22-Oct street date. Will be online to pre-order by end of May we hopefully. This is the same release as the Funimation version in the US. Includes 2-discs, 4 x OVAs and the entire digital comic series.

The Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OVA Collection consists of four different and unique episodes that fill in gaps left over from the TV Series, such as an episode that explains how Izumi (aka Ed and Al's Teacher) survived on the cold harsh mountains for a month during her training.

The OVA Collection will contain the following Episodes:

- OVA 1: The Blind Alchemist

- OVA 2: Simple People

- OVA 3: Tales Of The Master

- OVA 4: Yet Another Man's Battlefield

In Addition to these 4 Episodes a Digital Comic Collection, which can be viewed on the disc, will also be included.

The Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OVA Collection will be released on DVD as well as a Blu-ray / DVD Combo Pack on 22nd October 2012

YAY! Just wish they would release the full series on Blu-Ray now. :(

Gaara's speech in the latest episode = Hyped. Hopefully the next few episodes are awesome.

Gaara's speech in the latest episode = Hyped. Hopefully the next few episodes are awesome.

I haven't watched Shippuden in AGES. I stopped after the Pain fight and when the filler started. I take it the filler has finally finished now?

I cannot freaking wait to see the action from the Manga translated into animation for the next few episodes, its going to be epic.

Been bored at work so decided to catch up on One Piece. Read the last half of Fishman Island and I'm currently on chapter 667. No idea what this arc is called.

Fishman Island was a lot shorter than I expected, although I don't know why I expect them to be long in the first place. Final battle wasn't really as climactic as I thought.

Also can anyone explain Luffy's new moves, Like Elephant Gun. Must of missed or forgotten the explanation of how those moves work and why does he changed colour?

Also my Season 4 Part 1 shipped from Rightstuf, can't wait to see Enies Lobby in English :)

Yay my One Piece Season 4 arrived. Got charged customs which wasn't much but Royal Mail charged £8 in handling fees :( But Davy Back Fight :)

FUNImation have just announced they are bringing over Strong World world though, can't wait. Thought Toei would make them release movies 1 - 7 + 9 first. Looking forward to it since I haven't seen it yet :)

Just finished watching High School of the Dead. I actually thought it would have been a pretty good series if not for all the fan service. it felt out of place and unnecessary, even more than usual anyway.

I've noticed a rise in korean style mangas recently. Tower of God being a really good one that I keep up to date with and fully recommend to people if they are looking for something new.

It's been a while since I posted in here but this weeks Naruto manga deserves a mention.

Woohoo! Tobi's mask has finally been smashed and I guess we can look forward to seeing who is behind it next week. It surely has to be Obito at this point or at least someone who stole his eye.

Kakashi has been a boss these past few issues. He's a freaking genius.

And continuing on from HoT's Naruto post..

The biggest shit storm of our time has begun since the new one was released on MangaReader this morning.

And continuing on from HoT's Naruto post..

The biggest shit storm of our time has begun since the new one was released on MangaReader this morning.

I have to eat humble pie and apologise to loads of people. Quite pissed off about this because, as it stands, it makes no sense.

It makes a lot of sense, hence why people have guessed it as far back as 5 years ago.

Problem is, it feels cheap as fuck but hey, he's only a Shounen writer, can't expect good writing around these parts!

It makes a lot of sense, hence why people have guessed it as far back as 5 years ago.

Then how come he seemed to be a fully grown adult when fighting Minato during the 9 tailed beast attack on the village. Also, how the hell did he hold his own against Minato? He was only 13 when he "died" so in a year he healed, grew up and somehow gained all these new jutsu.

Problem is, it feels cheap as fuck but hey, he's only a Shounen writer, can't expect good writing around these parts!

I saw it coming, I'm not disappointed at all.

Then how come he seemed to be a fully grown adult when fighting Minato during the 9 tailed beast attack on the village. Also, how the hell did he hold his own against Minato? He was only 13 when he "died" so in a year he healed, grew up and somehow gained all these new jutsu.

It goes without saying there's a lot more to be revealed. Like you say Obito couldn't have fought Minato. My thinking is that someone like Madara rescued Obito and trained him like an apprentice. And it was Madara who faced Minato.

Can't wait for next weeks issue.

I saw it coming, I'm not disappointed at all.

It goes without saying there's a lot more to be revealed. Like you say Obito couldn't have fought Minato. My thinking is that someone like Madara rescued Obito and trained him like an apprentice. And it was Madara who faced Minato.

Can't wait for next weeks issue.

Yup pretty much this is the only explanation. Thing is, if you weren't thinking along these lines, then the identity wouldn't make any sense. I was expecting a great mastermind, not what has generally boiled down to a manipulated puppet.

EDIT: Then again, when you consider the project he's trying to achieve (infinite tsukoyomi IIRC), it may make more sense...

Edited by Deathjam