NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

I'm starting to think that the person with special eyes Naruto is going to fight isnt Sasuke but Tobi.

Also how much longer will Shippuden go on for? How far ahead is the Manga?

VIZ Media has forced MangaStream to stop releasing the Jump mangas.

Dear MangaStream supporter,

It's with a heavy heart that I make the following announcement. MangaStream will no longer be releasing the following series:

- Naruto

- Bleach

- One Piece

- Hunter x Hunter

- Katekyo Hitman Reborn

- Claymore

- D.Gray-man

VIZ Media has demanded that we end our scanlation work for all of the above. This comes despite our best efforts to pursuade fans into supporting official distributors by being the only group to actively prevent an archive from forming on their website through the removal of chapters that are older than a couple weeks. They've succeeded in little more than invoking inconvenience to the community as their digital magazine missed the mark; it runs several issues behind and only features 3 of the above series. So long as their product continues to be slow, awkward and inferior to something a ragtag group of nobodies can churn out in a few hours - fans will continue to look to scanlation groups and aggregators for their weekly fix.

The aggressive and escalating nature of their threats have forced our hand into removing the content. MangaStream will no longer be posting full scanlations for any of the aforementioned series, we will instead focus our efforts onto the series we do that are not licensed by VIZ Media (you can assume everything currently on our directory will be continued).

Our final message to our loyal JUMP audience will be this:

Thank you for supporting us over the past two years and making Mangastream your home away from home. It was a pleasure sharing our time with fans who were just as passionate and dedicated as we were.

Although MangaStream will no longer be hosting any of the Jump series, if it's something our fanbase is interested in, we're considering leveraging our connections to bring you accurate spoiler summaries for the Jump chapters as early as possible. We know this isn't much, but hope it can whet your appetite until the dozens of aggregators release the official Jump chapters on Wednesday.

Well I didnt want to but I couldnt help myself. I've started reading the Naruto manga because I dont want to wait to know what happens next. It doesnt appear to be that far ahead of the show from what i can tell.

Never read Manga before so it took me a few pages to understand where to read from as I couldnt grasp it at first, me being a dumb ass and all.

scaled.php?server=705&filename=narutokillerbee.jpg&res=medium

Man way to get through a series in a hurry :heh: what will you do when you're all caught up?

Be careful not to post spoilers now you're ahead of many of us!

I find the Naruto anime is a lot weaker than it's manga counterpart. The animation just doesn't seem to stack up most of the time.

I'm much more a manga reader than an anime watcher these days.

Man way to get through a series in a hurry :heh: what will you do when you're all caught up?

Now he does it with One Piece. :p

I find the Naruto anime is a lot weaker than it's manga counterpart. The animation just doesn't seem to stack up most of the time.

I'm much more a manga reader than an anime watcher these days.

This was true for a while, especially early Naruto and again in early Shippuuden. But I think for the last 6-12 months, the animation has been consistently strong.

One anime that I have really begun to dislike in favour of the manga though is Bleach. The anime for that is so, so slow. The pacing is awful, it's punctuated with very drawn out and poor humour which is accompanied by annoying music. They have completely killed a series which is pretty difficult to take seriously in the first place.

Be careful not to post spoilers now you're ahead of many of us!

When I get into something I get into it.

When I'm all caught up I might start doing hard drugs to help ease the pain of waiting.

Huh, it's funny I defended shippuuden in that way, but 250 was one episode that was completely ruined by clunky, poorly drawn animation :/ despite it having a cool moment and a good fight scene in it, I couldn't enjoy it at all because of the quality.

Huh, it's funny I defended shippuuden in that way, but 250 was one episode that was completely ruined by clunky, poorly drawn animation :/ despite it having a cool moment and a good fight scene in it, I couldn't enjoy it at all because of the quality.

that was when

the fox took over naruto when he fought pain?

Some awful animation, completely ruined the action :(

Oh yeah, plz use spoilers, theres a lot of non manga readers and people who've just started watching. :)

that was when

the fox took over naruto when he fought pain?

Some awful animation, completely ruined the action :(

Oh yeah, plz use spoilers, theres a lot of non manga readers and people who've just started watching. :)

That's really odd as I've thought that the animation has been poor for ages although that fight was animated well.

Thats the Manga done until a new issue lol.

I cannot wait to see some of this animated, bloody good stuff.

edit -

Anyone know of a place I can watch One Piece? I've been looking at DVD's but none have been released here from what I can gather ontop of that when dubbing the eps into english they missed a shitload out.

Any sites that stream it?

Edited by bryanee

Actually they recently started redubbing and rereleasing One Piece on dvd. The original dub was an abomination, heavily cut, released out of sequence and poorly voiced.

Did any of you ever see the live action Gantz or Death Note movies and if so, were they any good?

Shingeki No Kyojin

It's pretty damn good and is really starting to draw me in even more. Loving it, I recommend it highly!

Did any of you ever see the live action Gantz or Death Note movies and if so, were they any good?

The first live action Death Note movie was pretty decent, actually. Stayed very close to the source material. I think you'd like it.

Gantz was absolutely terrible. The first was kind of okay, it gives you that "wow" factor seeing it all in live action but after that there's just no redeeming aspects about it.

Thanks guys, i'll probably get the Death Note blu ray at some point, comes with 1 and 2 so I can give them both a watch. I'll probably give Gantz a miss.

Also just finished watching the latest Persona 4 episode. I really love this series. Gets incredibly cheesy at times but I think im probably more forgiving of that when I know where it comes from in the game. Cant wait for the blu ray. Just wish they'd announce if the dub will be done by the original US cast like the Japanese side was.

Heads up to Eureka Seven fans, AO premiers this Thursday so subs will probably appear later that night or Friday morning.

Currently reading Mobile Suit Gundam because it finally got a second print in English. It's a novelization of the very original series written by the guy who directed the anime and it's a pretty good read and contains all 3 of the original novels in one book. There's quite a few differences as well so I'd definitely recommend it to any of you who might be Gundam fans, whether you've watched the original anime or not.

Any sites that stream it?

I watch One Piece on watchop. here's the link. unless of course you've already found one.

http://www1.watchop.com/one-piece-episodes/

The Naruto anime is pretty good but my main problem is the huge amount of fillers. I thought I had a built up a good number of episodes to watch, how wrong was I pretty much the entire season 11 was fillers.

fortunately I have around 50/60 chapters to read in the manga, I'm going to wait until I've got around 100 chapters.

Edited by -Dem0-

Not that anyone else here seems to watch it but just thought id say its awesome that the English cast from Persona 4 has been confirmed to be dubbing the anime.

tumblr_m285jdztdm1qhjua3o1_r1_500.gif

I'll just spit out what I'm currently watching here:

Accel World

Acchi Kocchi

Hiiro no Kakera

Kuroko no Basket

Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna

Medaka Box

Natsuiro Kiseki

Nazo no Kanojo X

Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden

Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A