NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

I have to admit, I finished watching Attack on Titan S1 fairly recently and wasn't exactly blown away. I think my biggest gripe is with how little actually happens by the end of the series, outside of the initial fast forwards to set the scene for the present day.

The animation is really nice though.

At the core Attack on Titan is just another show about a fightin' guy surrounded by a group of other fightin' guys, good and bad at fightin', who power up his strength with bonds and emotions.

Sometimes that process can take a long time. Like, a really long time.

Just like all the other fightin' guy anime.

That isn't a bad thing, but I've read/watched a few of those now and they generally all do a variation of the same thing. Dragon Ball is super simplistic, sure, but at least it didn't trick me into thinking it might be something else.

I quit Attack on Titan after Eren's powers were revealed. I signed up for a show about mankind struggling against bizarre naked monsters with nothing but their intelligence keeping them alive. Wasn't too hot on the show leaning back on having characters with Eren's power balancing the battlefield out.

But every now and again I feel like giving it another chance. I really miss watching anime without instantly judging and dismissing it based upon genre expectations.

The thing I love about Shingeki no Kyojin is the mystery of it all. Why are the titans attacking mankind, how'd they come to be... what's in the basement?!

Love it :)

I think the biggest kick in the nuts for me was what happened to Anna at the end. My idea of the perfect pacing of a series is that in FMA (first series or brotherhood).

As someone who's been reading SnK since before the anime was announced, I'm growing a bit tired of it all.

I don't mind the "protagonist has super powers" angle, since even that takes a backseat to the premise of the show (humanity vs. monstrosities). What I do mind are the recent twists and turns that the plot has taken, where so much new stuff happens at once, but very little actual development.

My main issue with the animated adaptation is that it tries to move at the same pace of the manga (1 chapter = 1 episode), which leads to slow-paced episodes just so they can have a cliffhanger (or dramatic ending) per episode.

Either way, I find this an easy series to just simmer down so I can watch a bunch of stuff at once later.

So I got a good haul of anime DVD's and Blu Rays this Christmas, after finishing Girls und Panzer and Place to Place, which I bought just before Christmas, I've started off with Chrono Crusade. Now the premise is interesting, fairly action oriented and bloody, just what I'd hoped for, though not too sure on the dub, mainly Rosette Christopher whom I'd previously heard dubbing Fuuko in Clannad, it's quite weird making that association, but I'll just take that with circumstance skewing my view. It's a solid 6 so far 10 episodes in.

Gurren Lagann complete collection Blu-ray is up for pre-order on Amazon for £85 or so. Contains all episodes, movies, art book, parallel works and such. Seems like a good deal to me!

A link because links always help!

Edited by Guy

Well, Chrono Crusade sure did have a great ending, a real tear jerker of one as well. That alone bumps my rating to a 7, definitely worth a watch. Now I can finish rewatching Nisemonogatari, part 2 came in the post today, fun times after the Arsenal game.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Well, Chrono Crusade sure did have a great ending, a real tear jerker of one as well. That alone bumps my rating to a 7, definitely worth a watch. Now I can finish rewatching Nisemonogatari, part 2 came in the post today, fun times after the Arsenal game.

Ive had that in my DVD collection for years, never did get past watching a couple of episodes. Might have to give it another try if you say its worth it.

Ive had that in my DVD collection for years, never did get past watching a couple of episodes. Might have to give it another try if you say its worth it.

Yeah, I can see why, its a slow burner from the off but it does improve.

Well the One Piece filler has come to an end. The last part of 628 returned to canon.

Episode 629 preview (should at least cover chapter 700):

Well the One Piece filler has come to an end. The last part of 628 returned to canon.

Episode 629 preview (should at least cover chapter 700):

New opening as well, "Wake Up!" by AAA.

Oh wow, that's a lot sooner than I expected! At least it's going to start with the new arc simultaneously.

It seems that they really want to make Dressrosa a hit in the anime.

Anyone still care about Naruto? 661 had a bit of a shock ending.

I'm still reading it but I only want to know how it ends, I lost interest in it quite a while ago now. I used to love it!

Is it nearly over? I'm still watching the anime, which has been consistently great for several weeks now.

@kav82 I suggest stop reading it, wait til it ends, and read the lot at once!

Anyone still care about Naruto? 661 had a bit of a shock ending.

It will be that new jutsu he just learned.

How long has the war arc been going now? 2-3 years?

It will be that new jutsu he just learned.

How long has the war arc been going now? 2-3 years?

When I saw that you posted in here I thought that maybe you posted to say you have read/watched Shingeki no Kyojin.

Wishful thinking.

When I saw that you posted in here I thought that maybe you posted to say you have read/watched Shingeki no Kyojin.

Wishful thinking.

Haha. One day, my friend. One day. :)

Alright. I have caught up with the One Piece manga.

Shit's going down really fast. I love it :D

Dressrosa arc could turn out to be the best so far.