NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

I really hope that the animators take this chance to introduce a small filler arc after Punk Hazard completely wraps up (few more episodes yet). The buffer between Manga & Anime is non-existent. The last episode did something I never expected. They recapped the arc! clearly padding the episodes and stretching panels are no longer enough.

Punk Hazard was a great arc in my opinion, but the anime didn't really portray that, well not consistently enough. When I re-read the arc it was a lot more fast-paced and had me thoroughly entertained, besides the art work for One Piece is sensational and the transition into the anime isn't as good, or at least not as consistent. It's good but there are times where you just can't overlook it.

If they can introduce a filler arc soon, say 5-8 episodes, they can keep a lot of anime only viewers throughout the majority of the Dressrosa arc and that would be amazing. Dressrosa starts off great then naturally slows down, things kick-off when the tournament begins and I think that the anime will do a better job handling all the new characters that are introduced in the tournament. Besides they can take their time on the early round fighting scenes too, those weren't so great in the manga (quite a few fodder fighters) and I think they can make the most of it by covering more fights in one episode.

The current arc looks like it could end up as one of the best, if not the best. So I really want to see the quality come over to the anime too.

They could add something before arriving at Dressrosa if they were smart. Or they could

Expand on the tournament fights.

They really need to stop making Luffy seem weaker then he is before the finishing blow just for the sake of padding out episodes.

Been watching the Enies Lobby arc on FUNI's DVD's and there was a few random episodes that weren't to do with the current plot that took place in an alternate setting, don't see why they can't do more of them or animate some of the cover page stories.

Here's a bonus from episode 623.

ij8lAPyNP8HDv.gif

It's funny because of the scene and the fact the animation is terrible. They just moved her arm layer across the page. :laughing::cry:

Here's a bonus from episode 623.

ij8lAPyNP8HDv.gif

It's funny because of the scene and the fact the animation is terrible. They just moved her arm layer across the page. :laughing::cry:

I thought Nami was trying to take the bone out of his mouth in the manga, but yeah I was dissapointed when I saw that.

I agree with what you said too, they need to make some changes. The One Piece anime was great pre-timeskip and not so great post-timeskip (Fishman Island & Punk Hazard). Don't get me wrong, the content is quality but the execution is flawed and at times it takes that 'One Piece' magic away.

This is a page from the latest chapter. It's not a spoiler by any means (no writing at all), but a "shocked" face that Luffy made that I found quite funny.

3ocdYU6.png

However by the end of the chapter I made the exact same face.

That last panel was not subtle at all. :p

This is a page from the latest chapter. It's not a spoiler by any means (no writing at all), but a "shocked" face that Luffy made that I found quite funny.
3ocdYU6.png

However by the end of the chapter I made the exact same face.

one-piece-60575.jpg

Oda maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Luffy's reaction...

:blank::sad::cry: the feels man, the feels. I'm a bit sad because Ace will never know that Sabo is alive.

Batolomeo was great in this chapter, but he's been an enjoyable character ever since his appearance.

Sabo will take Luffy's place in the tournament and I'm sure he'll get the Mera Mera no mi, Koala's return was awesome too, and the best part about this is that now we have the Revolutionary's directly involved in this arc.

You just can't predict this stuff. Unfortunately for others, people are spreading the spoilers all over the place!

Good thing I'm no longer building it up :p

Eem44M1.jpg

Didn't think this arc could have any more twists or surprises, certainly not after the last chapter.

Yeah, really liking Batolomeo as well. Didn't think like I would like him at first but his fanboy levels are hilarious.

Also Bellamy sucks just as much as he did back in Jaya. In fact he seems to have gotten worse with wanting Doflamingo's approval so much and he still respects him after he tried to get him killed? Laaame. :p

Wonder if Sabo is going to eat the Flame-Flame Fruit..?

Edit: Spoilers all over Google Plus...

Preordered Color Walk 6!

Edited by Ike

Yessss...

Filler arc here we come. Oh and Luffy's disciples have made a return for it too.

Edit: Spoilers all over Google Plus...

Spoilers are everywhere! I'm really happy that I wasn't spoiled by this.

Looks like they are actually doing what I suggested and created filler before arriving at Dressrosa. I want royalties Toei!

Animation seems decent from the trailer as well.

This weeks Shippuden was (as the kids say) hype, next weeks looks like it's going to be a cracker too. Glad it's started to pick up when the manga has been a bit dull recently.

Edited by Ramar

Read the first 13 chapters of Attack on Titan...

...in one go.

It's amazing.

Also: almost caught up with the One Piece anime. Currently at Episode 603. :grin:

Preordered Color Walk 6!

Where can I buy the earlier ones?

Amazon only has Color Walk 2 in English and in stock from Viz. The others are either in Japanese or other European languages.

Where can I buy the earlier ones?

Amazon only has Color Walk 2 in English and in stock from Viz. The others are either in Japanese or other European languages.

Only Color Walks 1 & 2 got English versions. Color 1 went out of print a long time ago so will probably be hard to find new. I think Viz did a reprint before 2 was released but it's still hard to get now.

I preordered CW 6 from CDJapan, they are selling half the price Play-Asia are. They have some of the older ones available.

You can also try HLJ.

Since they're artbooks I don't mind buying them in Japanese. I think I might be missing one of them, but I can't remember which one. Going to have to dig them out.

Don't know why I stopped right near the end of the show, but fast-forward 5 years and now I can finally say that I finished Avatar: The Last Airbender.

AnG15cY.jpg

Absolutely amazing show. I'm just surprised that something this great managed to come from Nickelodeon post 90's.

I'm ready for The Legend of Korra now.

Edited by -Dem0-

Does it get better after say... the first five or so episodes? I've tried to tackle that show more than once and never really managed to see the attraction.

Bad News:

Shingeki manga appears to be on a break while March.

Good news:

There is new Shingeki anime!!

:D

Bad News:

Shingeki manga appears to be on a break while March.

"Until" or "During"?

Don't just drop this typo on us, the suspense is killing me!

Does it get better after say... the first five or so episodes? I've tried to tackle that show more than once and never really managed to see the attraction.

tumblr_mjezd6jRKO1s7hhyjo1_400.gif

It does get better, Shorty. Stick with it and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I think Seasons 2 & 3 were much better too so it will be worth it.

Btw the intro to Korra made me miss Team Avatar

:sad: