N-Europe

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Shorty

The manga updates monthly. Yes, the plot is incredibly good (even if some of the recent chapters may have been a tad too much), but remember that, once you catch up, you'll be left waiting.

Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack on Titan) is brilliant, I can't recommend it enough Demo!

I recommend Dorohedoro.

@kav82 back me up!

Also, Kavvy - new Bloody Monday. They've ruined it!

Yeah Dorohedoro is good, weird but good! I'd recommend it too.

Yeah, Bloody Monday has gotten lame. It a shame as the first season was particularly good!

If it's that good then I may as well delay starting that series too.

I'll give this a go.

By the way, finally got round to watching Sawyer's last discussion video and whaddya know? it's about the One Piece anime. Covers most of the criticisms as of late and those mentioned in here.

Me personally, I'll take some One Piece fillers over very-slow pacing and besides, I enjoy watching One Piece fillers.

...and again, definitely check out Attack on Titan, it's fantastic!

You've read Death Note right..? If not, read that, best thing I've ever read!

I recommend Dorohedoro.

Maaaan, haven't read Dorohedoro in a while! The guy who writes it was an assistant of my favourite mangaka, Tsutomu Nihei. Most of the manga I have bought out here are his works because the guy is just so godly.

Even though I haven't read it for a good while, I've still got Noi's head strapped to my Japanese cellphone

tp06ZvA.jpg

My High School of the Dead series plus ova blu ray arrived a couple of days ago. Its a fun show but I crack up everytime they shove in a panty shot or excessive boob jiggle shot, they could of toned that down.

I'm going to try out the manga.

Just when I thought FUNImation couldn't release another version of Dragonball, this appears:

rockthedragon_edited_large-366x300.jpg

he original broadcast version of DBZ!

The last survivors of a cruel, warrior race, the Saiyans have carved a path of destruction across the galaxy, and now they have set their sights on Earth! They will stop at nothing until they have the wish-granting powers of the seven magic Dragon Balls for their very own.

With the fate of his family, friends, and the entire human race hanging in the balance, Goku, the Earths greatest hero, must rise to meet the approaching threat. As he prepares for the fight of his life, Goku embarks on an epic journey that will take him to other worlds, pit him against new and old enemies alike, and force him to confront the dark secrets of his own past. At the end of this path, the most powerful opponent he has ever faced awaits: the evil Saiyan Prince Vegeta!

This collector’s edition features the original Canadian voice cast and opening theme song, “Rock the Dragon”!

Contains episodes 1-53 plus movies 1-3 (Dead Zone, The World’s Strongest, and Tree of Might) and a hardbound, full-color 48-page book which showcases the characters, history, and tropes that helped elevate Dragon Ball Z to the pop culture phenomenon it is today.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/06/01/funimation-to-release-original-broadcast-dbz-english-dub/

Will probably pick it up for nostalgic/novelty reasons.

9 episodes in and the anime of Shingeki No Kyojin definitely lives up to the manga! Anyone not watching or reading it definitely should be doing!

That last episode though! There's no way I could catch up with the manga and have to wait a month for more. I'm tempted to wait a month for the anime so I can watch 4 at once :heh:

That last episode though! There's no way I could catch up with the manga and have to wait a month for more. I'm tempted to wait a month for the anime so I can watch 4 at once :heh:

God it's horrible having to wait so long for each manga chapter... but it is SO good that I just have to read it as soon as its released!

*wave*

Definitely not a thread I frequent often, but I finally got into an anime I like. I'm not sure people's opinions of it, but fairy tail? I'm currently on episode 91 (175 episodes ¬_¬). Does anyone have any similar recommendations before I blast through it? ^_^

Fairy Tail is about a magicians guild, and various guild rivalries, plus the typical overarching super villain types. It has a similar tone and art style to One Piece.

@nightwolf, if you think Fairy Tail has a lot of episodes, you'll laugh when you see how many One Piece has, and its still a long way from ending....

598 to be exact, and yeah seeing as the 'New World' started recently with Punk Hazard we've got some more years ahead.

On a side note it I heard that the last two episodes of One Piece has finally picked up, I'm actually surprised at the very slow pace of the latest anime arc considering how much better it was in the manga.