N-Europe

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Shorty

Attack on Titan and Flowers of Evil are easily the two most interesting shows this season, both for extremely different reasons. Please check out Flowers of Evil if you guys haven't done so yet. It's so fresh.

One Piece Set 1 unboxing by Manga UK:

Out Monday!

Looks like a nice set, better than the US version although I haven't got the collection set to compare.

Don't know why I'm so excited for this since I have the US sets. Nice to finally get it over here I suppose.

I stopped watching the One Piece anime recently. I can't get past how bad it looks. Naruto has its animation lows but there's something about One Piece that makes it worse. Maybe it's because it's so big and clean and HD, every facial imperfection looks terrible. I actually long for the animation quality of 10 years ago, it was grainy and low res but it had a little character to it and a lot more time and attention spent.

I stopped watching the One Piece anime recently. I can't get past how bad it looks. Naruto has its animation lows but there's something about One Piece that makes it worse. Maybe it's because it's so big and clean and HD, every facial imperfection looks terrible. I actually long for the animation quality of 10 years ago, it was grainy and low res but it had a little character to it and a lot more time and attention spent.

Yep, agreed. I still think the beginning of the series looks better than episodes today. Water 7/Enies Lobby really was when the animation looked the best, then it went downhill from there.

I think movie 8 was the first time I really noticed it, you get some very weird/badly drawn faces now.

Not enough to put me off completely, but I wish it was better sometimes.

Shippuden was great then this filler shit when the war is supposed to be kicking off is really poor.

Edit - I should stop posting from my phone. That is a terrible sentence.

Edited by Ramar

I'm going to let the One Piece chapters build up again and I'm also 7 chapters behind on Naruto so this could be a good chance to start something new in the meantime, maybe Attack on Titan? been hearing a lot of good things about it.

I'm going to let the One Piece chapters build up again and I'm also 7 chapters behind on Naruto so this could be a good chance to start something new in the meantime, maybe Attack on Titan? been hearing a lot of good things about it.

The manga updates monthly. Yes, the plot is incredibly good (even if some of the recent chapters may have been a tad too much), but remember that, once you catch up, you'll be left waiting.

If it's that good then I may as well delay starting that series too.

I recommend Dorohedoro.

I'll give this a go.

By the way, finally got round to watching Sawyer's last discussion video and whaddya know? it's about the One Piece anime. Covers most of the criticisms as of late and those mentioned in here.

Me personally, I'll take some One Piece fillers over very-slow pacing and besides, I enjoy watching One Piece fillers.