Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to be really good defensively, 22 less conceded than the next best. Could do with scoring a few more though. :)

Yeah we have a very vocal keeper that organizes the defending brilliantly. Lets us know when a player slips past us, well he did before he got injured anyways, our stand in keeper is good, but not as loud.

Hopefully our regular keeper will be back midway through next season, he's played 15 minutes in a kickabout on the weekend, but don't want to rush his recovery.

unfortunately we do rely on 1 or 2 players to score our goals. And if those particular players struggle to find the net, then we all do. I think I've only just got around 10 goals myself this season.

But very much looking forward to next season now.

oh and I got a D in Maths :p

This should hopefully mean we get seeded for the play off draw, so fingers crossed we get Estonia who would likely be the "weakest" team in the play offs... still not an easy game but prolly would be our best chance

Looks like you got your wish.

Turkey v Croatia

Estonia v Ireland

Czech Republic v Montenegro

Bosnia v Portugal

The Turks v Croats could be a really good game.

Sweet.

It won't be an easy match but certainly gives us the best chance out of the other possiblities.

And with the home game in the 2nd leg I may try get some tickets for that when they go on sale tomorrow and risk the likely extrodinary rip off prices :D

So apparently everyone and their dog is shocked Rooney got a 3 match ban for kicking that Montenegro player. Seriously? If he did that in the league, there'd be no complaints. The fuss is purely because he'll miss the 3 group stage games.

Good, fuck him and his petulance. I'd drop him completely for good measure, but I doubt Capello's got the bollocks.

Edited by Ramar

So apparently everyone and their dog is shocked Rooney got a 3 match ban for kicking that Montenegro player. Seriously? If he did that in the league, there'd be no complaints. The fuss is purely because he'll miss the 3 group stage games.

Good, fuck him and his petulance. I'd drop him completely for good measure, but I doubt Capello's got the bollocks.

But the point is a straight red carries a automatic 1 game ban and usually another game at the discretion of Uefa, I am surprised it was 3 games, but we won't win it with him so not that fussed.

Well it'll add to the drama! Imagine, we get out of the group stage then hopes are lifted because Rooney can play. England will feel like Brock Lee taking his weights off.

In context; a 3 match ban at international level is much more severe than at domestic level considering the relatively small number of games a year that are played competitively. But it's still understandable - it's an immature attempt by Rooney, full of frustration and stupidity.

Wohoo, just got tickets for the 2nd leg of Irelands play off with Estonia in Dublin.

They managed to sell very fast, as soon as they become "on sale" I could see on ticketmaster's interactive map seats just vanishing. I needed 3 tickets, 1 for me (obviously) and 2 for my cousin and his son. Everytime I selected 3 seats it would then tell me, sorry some or all of those selected seats are now taken.

In the end turned off the interactive map and just asked for 3 tickets together, finally got them. Expensive enough, 85 euro each. Was hoping for around the 70 mark at the most. Now all I gotta do is hope Ireland don't seriously fuck up in the first leg over in Estonia and then the 2nd Leg should have a great buz in the stadium.

Be my first time in the new Aviva stadium and only the 2nd time I've gone to see Ireland play live, the first being a 0 - 0 draw with Iceland in the France 98 World Cup qualifiers :heh:

This game "should" be more exciting *fingers crossed*

re. Rooney.

He kicked out at a player, if that doesn't deserve a 3 match ban then I don't know what does. It's violent conduct and should be dealt with severely. A professional footballer who earns over £100k a week should know better and needs to be taught a lesson.

Put a £2 accumulator on, will win £935.77 if it comes good.

Put Leeds, Man City, QPR, Bolton, Chelsea, Middlesborough, Brighton, Celtic and Arsenal to win. Norwich and Swansea to draw.

Feeling brave?

Although I see us winning, we're too unpredictable to put in an accy. However I might put a cheeky £1 on RvP to score first. Which will probably have crap 3/1 odds.

Fucking hell Liverpool v Man United was like Disney on Ice, absolutely shocking dives from both sides.

And I think Hernandez is the best player at "having the ball smack him in the face without him knowing and celebrating like a man possessed" in the world.

Edited by Ramar

And I think Hernandez is the best player at "having the ball smack him in the face without him knowing and celebrating like a man possessed" in the world.

:D

I'm waiting for the ball to hit him on the arse and go in. He's got God on his side, that man. Love him.

Overall, Liverpool played a better attacking game, but we set ourselves up to frustrate them, which worked. Did think the free-kick for their goal was soft, but the wall was absolutely awful. Giggs is a United legend, but he was off his game today by quite some distance. His passes went astray, he was very immobile, didn't really get forward to support Welbeck and wasn't quick enough to close down from the front. He was a weak link today, as much as it pains me to say.

I said before the game that I would have taken a draw, so pleased with the result. I also looked at the line-up and didn't feel all that confident about Giggs or Ferdinand being there. They just haven't got the pace for these types of games. :hmm:

Thought De Gea was outstanding today. Kept us in the game and looked very assured of himself. Also thought Welbeck did a great job upfront on his own, quite an unusual role for him today. He did well and helped Little Pea with his goal.

Also, I went for an Arsenal win on that Iknowthescore thing, and thought about putting the banker bonus on it. But, thought better of it and took it off. I've decided not to bet on Arsenal this season. You never know what you'll get. Same with Wigan.

First real test of the season for Newcastle today - Spurs at home.

Should be an interesting game and to be honest, I'd be pretty happy with a draw and ecstatic with a win. It would be great if we could keep this unbeaten run going. Hopefully the likes of S Taylor will be on their game and won't be conceding any should be penalties. I really wanna see Cabaye score as well - he came ridiculously close to a few against Villa recently and was only kept at bay by the superb keeping of Given.

Come on!

Feeling brave?

Although I see us winning, we're too unpredictable to put in an accy. However I might put a cheeky £1 on RvP to score first. Which will probably have crap 3/1 odds.

If you have done that Ramar then you've won something, 29 seconds, absoultely woeful defending from Sunderland. Larsson has a godly right foot though, brilliant equalizer, put the blame on Arteta at a blatant handball, he's not Fabregas for crying out loud.

I'm disappointed we couldn't win yesterday, i thought we were the better team by a clear margin. I just love Suárez, he's just sublime, when he pat Evra on the head and he whacked his hand away, i burst out laughing, it was brilliant. Kelly had young in his back pocket all game which i was delighted at, since Young is a dangerous player. Adam was great in the middle, his best game for us by far. Enrique is absolutely boss, he's buy of the season so far in my opinion, but because he's a left back and cost £6m he won't get a mention. Henderson did really well when he came on, he looked composed and forced De Gea into a good save, and headed marginally over.

Oh, and Stevie G is back! Stunning performance for somebody who has just been out for 7 months. :D

Van Persie to the rescue, an equally wonderful free kick.

We seemed better today, passed the ball well in the middle of the park, still need to work on the final ball, many wasted chances because of a poor last ball, I think when Vermaelen returns to partner Mertersacker we'll have a little more solidity down the middle, but Koscielny put in a good shift, certainly better than Djourou and Squillaci.

I'm disappointed we couldn't win yesterday

That disappointment at not beating United is what Dalglish calls progress. I'm not so sure because I watched the match and Liverpool didn't seem to want the win. Yes, we haven't won the title in forever (since the NES days for crying out loud) but when United come to Anfield there is always a great atmosphere and we always go after them, no matter what our league position or form is. Yesterday we were very stand offish and the match was very flat. :hmm:

Still, as long as things pan out well by the end of the season I won't complain.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!