Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, come the big games, unlike the others you've mentioned you can't always rely on him to deliver.

He's been at his best in most of the big games. Against United at home in his first season he was absolutely sublime, and he gave us this glorious moment.

He had good games against Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton.

Are you seriously saying Fletcher is better than Suárez. I'm literally lost for words.

Suárez, Aguero, Rooney, Van Persie. He's in with them, no doubt about it.

No. I'm saying Fletcher has had a better season, considering the shit he plays for. Suarez isn't in the same class as the other three.

I don't think i've ever seen you actually criticise anything in relation to Liverpool. Your the only scouse fan that I know that has continually praised players like Downing and Henderson.

No. I'm saying Fletcher has had a better season, considering the shit he plays for. Suarez isn't in the same class as the other three.

I don't think i've ever seen you actually criticise anything in relation to Liverpool. Your the only scouse fan that I know that has continually praised players like Downing and Henderson.

I don't think I've continually praised Downing. I have faith that he will come good, but I've said before he's had an underwhelming first season.

I'd say Terry has performed better than Ferdinand this season. I know I'm obviously going to be seen as biased but even objectively I think that's the case!

Sorry, going to have to disagree with that. Ferdinand has silenced most of his critics, whereas John Terry has just attracted more criticism, for things that are partly not even footballing related. He also has been found out this season, imo. His positioning hasn't been that great and he has made many bad decisions. (getting sent off in the champions league semi-final, for one)

Agree with all of that pretty much apart from the keepers. John Ruddy has been fantastic this season!

Ruddy has been brilliant, no doubt about it. But, Joe Hart is on a totally different level. There are no other current English goalkeepers who even look like they're on the same level as him. It's a worry, really.

Carrick didn't want sloppy seconds.

Ah, forgot this. Fair enough, he should be getting into the first lot based on his form and quality.

As for Downing and Henderson (and Adam for that matter), they should count themselves lucky that they are playing for Liverpool. Downing isn't going to get much better...In his past five seasons, he has made 12 assists in the league. 8 of those were last season at Villa. Valencia has made more than that in one season alone.

He is going to be 28 this year and isn't going to get hugely better. He may show a bit of improvement, but he'll start to lose his pace over the next few seasons (isn't exactly lightning anyway). Looking at his stats, he has had two great seasons in the league, one in 2010-11 and one in...2004-05. In between there, he has managed 4 assists. 20 million Liverpool paid for Downing. 24 City paid for Silva. Gulf in class is so far apart.

Are you seriously saying Fletcher is better than Suárez. I'm literally lost for words.

Suárez, Aguero, Rooney, Van Persie. He's in with them, no doubt about it.

MadDog is right here, Suarez is definitely up there with the second tier of premier league strikers.

Papiss+Cisse+celebrates+his+goal+for+Newcastle

PapissCisse_1501648a.jpg

article-2131983-1286F848000005DC-805_468x305.jpg

:bouncy::bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Villa have approached Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and talks are ongoing.

Also Jack Wilshere is set to have another operation, in Switzerland, "his ongoing rehabilitation has seen a long-standing slight issue with his patella tendon in his left knee flare up. This procedure is not expected to significantly affect Jack's comeback ahead of next season."

Podolski

zp_Podolski_12_120509MAFC_7781.jpg?ic=d3d543T

zp_Podolski_10_120509MAFC_4203.jpg?ic=11af91T

zp_Podolski_21_120509MAFC_7798.jpg?ic=d9968eT

zp_Podolski_6_120509MAFC_6084.jpg?ic=73231bT

zp_Podolski_60_120509MAFC_4146.jpg?ic=7a52afT

Also Liverpool have approached Brendan Rodgers, but he turned them down.

Im sorry, but anybody who thinks Suarez hasnt had a Good season needs to take a look at how many Man of That Match awards he's won.

Sure, he cant find the back of the net alot of the times (his conversion rate is shocking) but he is a quality player.

Ruddy has been brilliant, no doubt about it. But, Joe Hart is on a totally different level. There are no other current English goalkeepers who even look like they're on the same level as him. It's a worry, really.

Yeah ofcourse, but you do have a very capable backup.

He is going to be 28 this year and isn't going to get hugely better. He may show a bit of improvement, but he'll start to lose his pace over the next few seasons (isn't exactly lightning anyway). Looking at his stats, he has had two great seasons in the league, one in 2010-11 and one in...2004-05. In between there, he has managed 4 assists. 20 million Liverpool paid for Downing. 24 City paid for Silva. Gulf in class is so far apart.

Downing has always been an 'up and coming player', except now he's 28 and has done very little, ever. 2 good seasons can't justify him being in supposedly one of the best clubs in England.

(I typed that at first as "supposedly one of the best clubs in Liverpool" by mistake... Probably still would've worked :heh: )

Yeah, he's a scumbag to the max, but he's got skill, pace and awareness. I just think he needs to learn to shoot better!

I feel a bit sick after saying that.

He also needs to learn how to pass, although he has got better as the season went on. At the start he would try and do everything himself, even though he had his team mates wide open to the left or right. It used to annoy the hell outta me and found myself constantly shouting "PASS!" to the TV. :D

I really hope byern win tomorrow , for spurs sake

they deserve the cl spot.

Same. And also because a guy I don't particularly who is going to be watching the final with us tomorrow is a big Chelsea fan and will be incredibly annoyed if they lose.

Spurs have had an awful time near the middle/end winning NOTHING again.

We've managed to keep going with a full schedule, winning one cup and in the final of the champions league. How people can say we wouldn't deserve it I don't know.

I think Newcastle deserve it more than Totts, but obviously Chelsea over Newcastle :p

Spurs have had an awful time near the middle/end winning NOTHING again.

We've managed to keep going with a full schedule, winning one cup and in the final of the champions league. How people can say we wouldn't deserve it I don't know.

I think Newcastle deserve it more than Totts, but obviously Chelsea over Newcastle :p

You were shite in the league. And were gifted an easy FA cup run..

Suarez POTENTIALLY could be as good as Rooney, van Persie or Aguero if he could keep his head and learn how to finish but as with everything in life, potential is no good if it's not fulfilled. It's the same kind of deal for the whole squad, on paper it should be challenging for the league but it's got absolutely no where near it. I'm sure some fans are still in a bit of shock at just badly they failed in that respect. Recently we've been used to seeing Liverpool fall way as the season progressed but they'd normally return to form when it's near the end. This season they seemed to get worse. Perhaps all it needs is a new approach to spawn the desired result.