NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

What do you know, Man United got an easy fixture for the quarter finals against Crystal Palace whilst the other big 4 left in the Carling cup face each other.

Just come back from the Oxford game. A head's up to everyone: watch Peter Leven's goal for Oxford on the Football League Show tonight. It is a stunner. Possibly the best goal I have ever witnessed first hand.

What do you know, Man United got an easy fixture for the quarter finals against Crystal Palace whilst the other big 4 left in the Carling cup face each other.

I wanted an interesting away, but I'll settle for Man City at home. It will be a good test for the lads, won't be the end of the world if we lose but a scalp if we win. Plus we get to welcome back little ol' Samir.

John Terry's view of Arsenal's 4th.

grass-603.jpg

Chelsea boys a bit quiet today?

I wonder why? :heh:

The game, whilst very fun to watch and thrilling throughout, was nothing like Premier League standards. Both teams seemed to make awful decisions in defense, with silly mistakes allowing goals to come from places they shouldn't. Trust Terry to slip up against Arsenal, eh? Brings back harrowing nightmares.

154FD427-C344-F009-AAC9EBD18D3B9552.jpg

*shudder*

You could argue that the Arse keeper should've been sent off, or that our disallowed goal wasn't offside (seen it given more often than not) but at the end of the day the performance wasn't up to scratch from Chelsea and Arsenal made the most of it in the second half. Was strange seeing Sturridge not put in a blazing performance for once, but Mata, again, looked on form. Arsenal fans must be banging their heads against the wall in frustration over that signing.

You could argue that the Arse keeper should've been sent off, or that our disallowed goal wasn't offside (seen it given more often than not) but at the end of the day the performance wasn't up to scratch from Chelsea and Arsenal made the most of it in the second half. Was strange seeing Sturridge not put in a blazing performance for once, but Mata, again, looked on form. Arsenal fans must be banging their heads against the wall in frustration over that signing.

Red card, agree with you there.

Disallowed goal, I don't. Clear offside.

I thought Sturridge played well first half, finishing let him down.

Gervinho is as good as Mata, except when placed in front of goal with a 5 yard tap in. :shakehead Would have been a good signing, but he made his bed of oil money.

I'm a bit unsure about offside. I thought there had to be air between the two players for it to be given offside, and it gets a bit funny when it's just a limb. Not just from my point of view but from ref's as I've seen it given both ways. I think that one (or all) of the following need to happen:

1. I need to be educated on the offside rule a bit

2. The refs need to be educated on the offside rule a bit

3. The offside rule needs to be more clear cut

Only saw the highlights this morning, shocking defence from both. Ashley Cole should stop arguing and get on with playing. I thought Sturridge didn't really look up for it. Scuffing his good chance and playing a few lame crosses over was pathetic.

RVP is truly class at the moment, people have always said if he stays fit he'll be awesome but this is the one time he's not been injured for a long time which is lucky for Arsene :p

Our defence has been renowned for a long time as being one of our strongest parts but recently we really seem to be struggling.

One of the performances of the season so far from us today. If it wasn't for Paddy Kenny having a stormer and Adebayor being less than clinical, we would have won 6/7-1. I implore you to watch MOTD tonight.

Scotty Parker was incredible today as well. Harry Redknapp: "Scott Parker was just amazing. I haven't seen many performances like that. You hesitate to mention him in the same breath as Dave Mackay, who was one of best players who has ever played at this club, but it was right up there with Dave."

It'll be interesting to see who Wenger goes with as the centre back pairing now. Vermaelen is obviously a cert but who will his partner be? Surely he's got to stick with Koscielny, he's been absolutely immense lately, whilst Mertesacker hasn't been as impressive. It's a good problem to have mind you, and that's not including Djourou.

It'll be interesting to see who Wenger goes with as the centre back pairing now. Vermaelen is obviously a cert but who will his partner be? Surely he's got to stick with Koscielny, he's been absolutely immense lately, whilst Mertesacker hasn't been as impressive. It's a good problem to have mind you, and that's not including Djourou.

Surely got to be Koscielny? Mertesacker has been shite in fairness.

Ya, Spirited is right. Merte would make a decent third choice, but he's slow. Been pretty disappointed with him.

Happy with yesterday's result. Managed to follow the live-text and see the score, but haven't managed to catch anything else for the game, no highlights, etc. Feel like I haven't seen any football in aaaaaaages. So, MOTD2 for me, tonight.

Pleased with the result. A 1-0 win with a victory and a clean sheet away from home is just what the team needed.

Also looking forward to watching the Spurs match tonight, as I followed the live-text for that, and also the Chelsea-Arsenal game from yesterday! Seemed like a cracker.

I'm a bit unsure about offside. I thought there had to be air between the two players for it to be given offside, and it gets a bit funny when it's just a limb. Not just from my point of view but from ref's as I've seen it given both ways. I think that one (or all) of the following need to happen:

1. I need to be educated on the offside rule a bit

2. The refs need to be educated on the offside rule a bit

3. The offside rule needs to be more clear cut

There doesn't have to be a gap or air as you put it, it's whether a part of your body you can legally score a goal with. So in this instance, Sturridge is a step offside, his leg and half is body is in front of the last defender.

Park Chu Young starts as the striker for today's game, the long awaited central defensive pairing of Vermaelen and Mertesacker is happening too. However I think Kosc should have kept his place since he was on fine form the last few matches.

Park Chu Young starts as the striker for today's game, the long awaited central defensive pairing of Vermaelen and Mertesacker is happening too. However I think Kosc should have kept his place since he was on fine form the last few matches.

Really? :laughing:

Mertesacker seems like a good third choice. But, Koscielny (sp?) seems pretty decent from what I've seen (which is a small amount.)

I'm secretly hoping for Genk to destroy Chelsea. :wink:

Another dog shit performance by Chelsea. We have not got going at all this season. :hmm:

Per and Ver were really good together tonight. However the rest was very lacklustre, I think the weekend took to much out of most of the players. However we didn't lose and the group is well within our grasp another win sees us through.

Wouldn't swap the outcome of the last two games. 3 days rest and then West Brom at the weekend.

Brilliant player but does deserve his reputation.

Yerp, he's a scumbag whichever way you look at it.