NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Carroll lol.

Hehehe.

I understand that, and, yes he was £15M more than Downing but Carrol is so much younger and can offer much more over many more years. Downing however is 27 and should be at the prime of his career. Simply put he is very average and will have little resale value in a couple of years.

For perhaps the briefest of moments this, but still:

nxlsvo.jpg

:D

Sorry ipaul. When I responded it created a new page so you're reply was really only visible also for the briefest moments. I'll quote you so it's on this page too.

QPR are likely going to get hammered tonight. Good to see the Arsenal on the way up and keeping the run going, sounded like a comfortable 3-0 win and van Persie again running the show.

You reckon City will be in for Van Persie?

Good to see Swansea hold Liverpool to a draw today. They've got Chelsea and City next as well - we could go quite a few points clear.

Fucking hell. Possibly the most frustrating match I've ever watched, then again I punched myself really hard in the leg at the full time whistle vs Norwich.

It's a mystery why we are so shit against promoted teams, we should be winning them under any circumstances, and anything other than that is a massive disappointment. In other games we have dropped points we have mostly deserved more, but our finishing has let us down. Today, we didn't deserve to win. We created a few chances and didn't finish them, obviously, but Swansea were brilliant and created just as many, possibly more.

We need a midfield playmaker desperately. A few players really need to start improving (Downing, Lucas, Kuyt), as they just haven't been good enough. I find the slating of Carroll hilarious, people only seem to talk about him after a bad game, they just ignore the good games he has, he doesn't deserve half the crap he gets.

Just remind him he can't dive everywhere.

Og5KM.jpg

(If we're really going to take a stupid matter of opinion as low as posting unrelated images)

Actually talking of hilarious dives. Here's another cracker.

http://h7.abload.de/img/downing2qun9.gif

£20M. What a waste.

That was a terrible dive, yes, but calling him a waste of money because of it is laughable.

I find the slating of Carroll hilarious, people only seem to talk about him after a bad game, they just ignore the good games he has, he doesn't deserve half the crap he gets.

Thing is, he'll forever be a laughing stock because of his price tag.

That was a terrible dive, yes, but calling him a waste of money because of it is laughable.

I didn't say he was a waste of money. I don't know where you're getting that from. I said he was a waste of £20M. At most he's worth £10M. Anyway it's not like Liverpool have spent massive on other overpriced players. Oh right, Henderson. So how's he doing? Distinctly average? Oh.....

Thing is, he'll forever be a laughing stock because of his price tag.

So even if he goes and scores 30 a season, he will be a laughing stock?

Does that make Ronaldo a laughing stock? Zidane aswell?

I didn't say he was a waste of money. I don't know where you're getting that from. I said he was a waste of £20M. At most he's worth £10M. Anyway it's not like Liverpool have spent massive on other overpriced players. Oh right, Henderson. So how's he doing? Distinctly average? Oh.....

He's playing out of position, but yeah he's doing ok.

The thing is, we haven't bought these players for 11 games, we have them on 5/6 year contracts. Judge them after they've actually started a game in their position, and gave them some time.

The ridiculous mindset of some football fans is silly. People are not happy with anything other than instant success, with is impossible to achieve, really.

Maddog: "Even if Torres scores 30 this season, he will still be a laughing stock, it's brilliant."

Yerp he will forever be remembered for a a ridiculous transfer fee.

As for the 2nd paragraph; hahaha.

I honestly don't get your point. So his performances are irrelevant, it's all about the transfer fee?

I honestly don't get your point. So his performances are irrelevant, it's all about the transfer fee?

Maddog: "Even if Torres scores 30 this season, he will still be a laughing stock, it's brilliant."

£35 million. Yup. Laughable.

You're a good lad, but never mention Carroll in the same breath as those two legends.

Coincidentally, I managed to catch some of Real Madrid's game against Malaga the other week. Cristiano bagged a hat-trick...would welcome him back any time!

Happy that we've kept a clean sheet and bagged three points. But, beginning to get more concerned about the midfield. Anderson really looked off the boil in midweek and I'm not entirely sure if Rooney being a centre-mid will work. Seems a bit of a waste...he should be further upfield tormenting defenders.

Why wouldn't they?

Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli, Tevez.

Though I imagine Carlos will leave, can you see van Persie going from top bollocks and captain to bit part player?

Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli, Tevez.

Though I imagine Carlos will leave, can you see van Persie going from top bollocks and captain to bit part player?

I didn't say Van Persie would leave; I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if they tabled a bid.

WHAT a goal from Newcastle's Ryan Taylor!!

Also what have they done to MOTD??!!

The studio looks rubbish with it's digital moving background and lights everywhere.

I liked the laid back sofa approach of the old style.

The pre-match team sheet isn't as good either, not showing player positions or formation!

Rubbish!

Edited by Retro_Link

The studio looks rubbish with it's digital moving background and lights everywhere.

The pre-match team sheet isn't as good either, not showing player positions or formation!

Rubbish!

Part of the big BBC move to Salford innit. I agree though, not a huge fan - and everythings gone a bit ADD, shedloads of stats charts and visuals all over the shop... sure I'll get used to it.

In other MOTD related news, read in the paper the other day that Hansen's on 40K per episode! Madness! Though it's arguably nothing in the world of football, but still.

The City QPR match looked pretty good on MOTD. All three of the promoted teams are looking good for staying up...

Rubbish!

Absolute wank, what done my head in was the interviews moved to that shit angle whilst pie charts gave the stats. I want to see what the players/managers have to say, if I want the stats I'll read the newspaper/internet.

Not a peep on the Arsenal game, guess the two scousers were a bit miffed that a crisis club has caught up to them.

I didn't say Van Persie would leave; I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if they tabled a bid.

I know Man City are fools with their money but surely they wouldn't consider another striker with what they currently have.

Edited by Ramar

£35 million. Yup. Laughable.

You've totally lost me. I don't even know what the hell you're talking about now. ::shrug:

You're a good lad, but never mention Carroll in the same breath as those two legends.

Oh he's obviously nowhere near their quality, I know that, I was just using their transfer fees as an example. :)

Happy that we've kept a clean sheet and bagged three points. But, beginning to get more concerned about the midfield. Anderson really looked off the boil in midweek and I'm not entirely sure if Rooney being a centre-mid will work. Seems a bit of a waste...he should be further upfield tormenting defenders.

Rooney will be fine and Fergie knows what he's doing. We've got a nice international break now and after that we should have Cleverley and Carrick 100% fit so they along with Anderson and Fletcher will be fighting for that midfield position, I can't see Rooney lasting much longer there. It would be silly to suggest that's going to be his new position and he will be back up front soon.

I guess this is british thread for british football, but my local team just won the national cup. One happy guy right now :D

You've totally lost me. I don't even know what the hell you're talking about now. ::shrug:

The other day you posted laughing at Torres saying that however many he scores this season he'll be laughing stock. Then when people laughed at Carroll's poor form you jumped to his defence and said don't judge him on his price tag. Which contradicts what you said about Torres.

I guess this is british thread for british football, but my local team just won the national cup. One happy guy right now :D

All football is welcome, congrats!

The other day you posted laughing at Torres saying that however many he scores this season he'll be laughing stock. Then when people laughed at Carroll's poor form you jumped to his defence and said don't judge him on his price tag. Which contradicts what you said about Torres.

All football is welcome, congrats!

Torres is a laughing stock because he's playing terribly, I never mentioned his price tag. Carroll is playing better than Torres, so I have nothing to worry about.

Torres is a laughing stock because he's playing terribly, I never mentioned his price tag. Carroll is playing better than Torres, so I have nothing to worry about.

Carroll 11 appearances 3 goals

Torres 12 appearances 4 goals

Both have been equally pants considering how much they cost.

Just for my own personal interest

van Persie 16 appearances 13 goals.

Come on Ramar, i'd expect you to know that 2 little stats don't tell the whole story. :p

Carroll has had good games where he hasn't scored, and probably deserved to.

That's not even right, Carroll has scored 2 vs City, 1 vs Everton, 1 vs WBA, and one against Exeter.