NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Sorry i can't be bothered to look back to find out who you are talking about. Who is 'us'? (Who do you support?)

He's a Spurs fan.

He's a Spurs fan.

Ah, cool. I managed to work out that he probably wasn't a Chelsea fan and then got stuck.

We have a real team here. Wouldn't swap our midfield for any in the league at the moment. Not even Man City.

You say this, but Modric isn't too far off Silva's quality. And then with Parker VDV Bale and Lennon it's easily one of the best midfields in the league. And probably the quickest too, especially with Walker also coming forward.

It's going to be such a tight season for the champions league spot this year. Couldn't call it between Spurs Arsenal Liverpool and Chelsea for the four.

You say this, but Modric isn't too far off Silva's quality. And then with Parker VDV Bale and Lennon it's easily one of the best midfields in the league. And probably the quickest too, especially with Walker also coming forward.

You've had a good start, but lets not get carried away. :nono:

Modric isn't in Silva's class. Lennon is so average, i really don't rate him at all.

I meant midfield as a whole, not individual players. If you Modric isn't in Silva's class you're just wrong. He was another class yesterday, and he has been for a few seasons.

I really don't think that's getting carried away. I'm not saying we're going to win the league or anything ridiculous like that (my predictions for our league finish haven't changed); I'm saying at the moment we have a midfield playing as good as, if not better than any midfield in the country - how many of these players would slot straight into Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea's team? VDV is playing quality, Bale is on fire, Lennon is getting back to career-best form, Parker is absolutely sensational, and Modric is just class as always.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/match/2011/nov/21/tottenham-hotspur-v-aston-villa

Edited by spirited away

Honestly? None. At push I'd take Parker, but he's the wrong side of 30 for me.

Ramsey and Arteta have started to click, Song is doing his job. And Gervinho and Walcott have turned it on the last few games. Then we've got the conundrum of finding room for Wilshere when he returns.

Had a good week this week with my fantasy football team.

Especially Toure. Well done Toure. Well done on your clean sheet.

10hnd43.png

Honestly? None. At push I'd take Parker, but he's the wrong side of 30 for me.

Ramsey and Arteta have started to click, Song is doing his job. And Gervinho and Walcott have turned it on the last few games. Then we've got the conundrum of finding room for Wilshere when he returns.

Bale> walcott, parker>song, modric>ramsey vdv > arteta. Frankly mate you're having a laugh if you'd take none.

Bale> walcott, parker>song, modric>ramsey vdv > arteta. Frankly mate you're having a laugh if you'd take none.

I'd keep Gervinho over Bale and Walcott over Lennon.

Currently our midfield plays well as a unit. The reason we've turned our horrendous start around is because of the team spirit and togetherness within the team. I wouldn't break that at the minute for any of Spurs' midfield.

I'm not saying they aren't good players, I'm just saying I wouldn't take any of them.

So who believes Wilshere will have to pay out, he made a wager with Spurs fans on twitter if Tottenham beat Arsenal in the league table this season he'd donate £3,000 to Charity, on the flipside if Arsenal stay on top in North London Spurs fans (I believe on twitter only) should pay £1 each to charity themselves.

I'd actually say Lucas is better than Parker. Much younger and more athletic, and better technical ability.

I'd actually say Lucas is better than Parker. Much younger and more athletic, and better technical ability.

Just no. Seriously.

I hope Wilshire pays out. One of the biggest c****s in the prem.

One of my favourite Spurs vids:

Edited by spirited away

Just no. Seriously.

I hope Wilshire pays out. One of the biggest c****s in the prem.

One of my favourite Spurs vids:

What? Parker isn't that great, he's good. Lucas was boss all last season, when the rest of the team wasn't good at all. He's mentally as strong as anyone, the amount of crap he had to take in his first few seasons, he actually admitted he was scared of playing at Anfield. After all that he's has emerged as one of our most important and consistently effective players. He's immense at his job, there's nobody in the Premiership as good as him at what he does, and his passing is good.

What's wrong with Wilshere? I really admire him as a player, and he seems a nice lad, comes across as very loyal and down to earth. That's a rarity for a professional footballer at his age.

What? Parker isn't that great, he's good. Lucas was boss all last season, when the rest of the team wasn't good at all. He's mentally as strong as anyone, the amount of crap he had to take in his first few seasons, he actually admitted he was scared of playing at Anfield. After all that he's has emerged as one of our most important and consistently effective players. He's immense at his job, there's nobody in the Premiership as good as him at what he does, and his passing is good.

What's wrong with Wilshere? I really admire him as a player, and he seems a nice lad, comes across as very loyal and down to earth. That's a rarity for a professional footballer at his age.

Nice lad. Haha. I swear you're a wind-up. Just read some of his twitter posts to understand the nob he is.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20032011/58/premier-league-wilshere-spat-spurs-fan-cabbie.html

Parker got the 'Writer's Player of the Year' last season for a good reason. He's put in MOTM performances in practically every game this season; he's been immense. Lucas the best at his job? What is his job exactly? Just so I can clarify what you think he's the best in the prem at.

Edited by spirited away

Nice lad. Haha. I swear you're a wind-up. Just read some of his twitter posts to understand the nob he is.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20032011/58/premier-league-wilshere-spat-spurs-fan-cabbie.html

Parker got the 'Writer's Player of the Year' last season for a good reason. He's put in MOTM performances in practically every game this season; he's been immense. Lucas the best at his job? What is his job exactly? Just so I can clarify what you think he's the best in the prem at.

He was pissed. Thierry Henry is one of the nicest and coolest guys in football, yet look at what he did against Ireland. It was a mistake, happens to everyone. Doesn't make them instantly a nob.

Breaking up play, halting oppositions attacks, reading the game, making smart passes, setting up the next attack. He does all that, and if you say otherwise, you clearly have only watched him once or twice or not at all.

Modric doesn't score often, he doesn't get many assists and he doesn't even want to be there. He's clearly the best midfielder in the world.

He was pissed. Thierry Henry is one of the nicest and coolest guys in football, yet look at what he did against Ireland. It was a mistake, happens to everyone. Doesn't make them instantly a nob.

Breaking up play, halting oppositions attacks, reading the game, making smart passes, setting up the next attack. He does all that, and if you say otherwise, you clearly have only watched him once or twice or not at all.

I didn't say he didn't did I? I'm just pointing out you're delusional if you think Lucas is the best in the league at the job.

WTF does him handballing have to do with anything? You consistently try to defend Suarez, so we're not going to get anywhere.

Ah, sorry. Yer, he was pissed my bad. Spitting is never excusable.

Modric doesn't score often, he doesn't get many assists and he doesn't even want to be there. He's clearly the best midfielder in the world.

Cheers for your stellar input.

I didn't say he didn't did I? I'm just pointing out you're delusional if you think Lucas is the best in the league at the job.

WTF does him handballing have to do with anything? You consistently try to defend Suarez, so we're not going to get anywhere.

Ah, sorry. Yer, he was pissed my bad. Spitting is never excusable.

Cheers for your stellar input.

You don't get my point, everyone makes mistakes, even the best. I was just using the Hand of Henry as an example. These little mistakes doesn't make somebody a moron just because of one incident. I'm 100% sure he massively regrets his actions.

I'm not even going to get started on the Suárez handball. I'll just say there's not one player on earth who would of done differently.

You don't get my point, everyone makes mistakes, even the best. I was just using the Hand of Henry as an example. These little mistakes doesn't make somebody a moron just because of one incident. I'm 100% sure he massively regrets his actions.

I'm not even going to get started on the Suárez handball. I'll just say there's not one player on earth who would of done differently.

No, you clearly don't get my point. I don't give a shit if he regrets his actions, spitting on anyone, let alone a taxi driver, makes you a nob in my book. Bolstered by the fact that's the way he comes across on the pitch and the drivel he spouts on his twitter. You're better of trying to convince me Sol Campbell isn't a first-class prick (actually that's a ridiculous statement).

Jesus; I meant defending Suarez's personality as a whole. He's another twat, but let's not get into that.

Ramar. Everyone know's Redknapp's a twat. I don't blindly support everything about my club (not personal attack on you).

Edited by spirited away

Ramar. Everyone know's Redknapp's a twat. I don't blindly support everything about my club (not personal attack on you).

I know I was just trying to be funny [with a hint of being a knob included]. :)

I know I was just trying to be funny [with a hint of being a knob included]. :)

Being a nob is part and parcel of being an Arsenal fan to be fair. ;)