NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Honestly don't know how we didn't win that game easily. Suárez was brilliant, apart from his finishing, which was poor. On another day he'd of scored 3+, easily. We are playing well enough to win games, but our finishing is just so bad so far this season. If we can sort that out, we'll be a top team.

Mcoy would say finishing was defo the problem for Liverpool In that game. A few too many offsides as well didn't help. Norwich made some good plays but Mcoy would say they were on the backfoot most of the game.

Overall Mcoy thinks Norwich made up for their mistake in giving away a late goal (and almost a second) and managed to clinch onto a hard earnt away draw.

Liverpool leaving the door open to the top 4 for Spurs. If we get the result against Stoke we will only be 2 points behind the pool.

Liverpool leaving the door open to the top 4 for Spurs. If we get the result against Stoke we will only be 2 points behind the pool.

A good victory tomorrow is 3 points and no one injured. I can't remember the last time we played Stoke and didn't have a player stretchered off.

Terrible scheduling today from the FA. I know they have to be fair but with both Manchester sides having played on Tuesday, they could have played the early kick off yesterday, therefore allowing me to watch Arsenal today :heh:

Edited by Jon

What makes you think the FA have any say in it?

It's their league, i'm guessing they have some input into it.

It's their league, i'm guessing they have some input into it.

i actually don't think they do. It's more the premier league as such. European games regardless of tuesday,wednesday or thursday allow for the movement to Sunday so this situation was always gonna happen with them playing a day later.

Fuck me. My mate said City won 6-1 and I said 'yeah, sure'. Thought he was talking rubbish.

I thought Man City would win today (hence my prediction on that talksport thing), but I don't think anybody saw that coming!

It wasn't too bad until soft lad Evans got himself sent off for that tackle just outside the box. I don't even know why he played Evans ahead of Phil Jones in the first place.. could have been a very different game.

I am gutted anyway.. I hate Man City. :P

i actually don't think they do. It's more the premier league as such. European games regardless of tuesday,wednesday or thursday allow for the movement to Sunday so this situation was always gonna happen with them playing a day later.

No. Teams playing in the Europa League with always play Thursday. Teams playing CL on Tuesday will more often play Saturday, unless it's a big game or for various other reasons. Obviously it isn't just for the FA to decide, but they will have some input into it.

Words can't decscribe how I feel at the sheer defeat city gave us today. I did have a sneaky feeling they might win but not by that much!

I'm glad I was in work and not able to watch us get a pasting!

BOSINGWA! WHY YOU LOSE ME FANTASY LEAGUE POINTS! :(

I had him and Phil Jones in my defence.... :( Fantasy league has been really crap for me again, Silva, Cabaye and Simpson getting most of my points, everyone else doing pretty dreadfully. I have decided to take Lampard and Di Santo (I know) out of my team...hopefully the decision will pay off.

Crazy day of Football. Surprised Chelsea didn't lose by more after they were reduced to nine men.

As for the Manchester Derby...I think this makes Newcastle one of the two teams unbeaten in the league now...awesome :D

What a great day of football. If only spurs had lost, would have been perfect.

I feel dirty, I had Spurs to win on my accumulator. (50p on Man City, Everton and Spurs. Returns £9.74)

Arsenal win. Check.

Everyone survived. Check

Man Utd fans get to taste a thumping at the hands of rivals. Check

Drogba sent off and will mess next weeks game. Check

Add Liverpool dropping points yesterday and it's been a good weekend for us Gooners. We're closing the gap, up to 7th.

Devastating result. 6-1 doesn't tell the story of the game really. I though first half United were on top despite going 1-0 down. The sending off killed us then the rest of the second half saw some really good play by Man City followed by good finishing. We were chasing too hard and you're always going to be punished when piling forward with 10 men and chasing the game.

Gutted. Really gutted.

Dzeko missed two one-on-ones as well.. Shocking defending from United in the last minutes.

Man. I try to avoid results all day in order to savour MOTD, but my gf's dad was all "you don't know the score?!" and it was clear that a team defied teh odds and thrashed a team. Knowing the fixtures, my gut told me that city had beaten Man U severely... honestly, I used to be a Man U fan and I tend to say I'm a neutral these days... but that match was hard to watch. I've been saying all season that this fixture will decide who wins the league and I think it's very true. City proved that they had the hunger and the drive and the squad to excel while Man U really seem to be a bit of a thrift team - a decent squad, but - especially when you look at their champs games - spread rather thin, and perhaps proof that their lacklustre transfer market scourings are taking their toll.

City to win the league now. Fairly comfortably. Alan Hansen was saying that City haven't had to play a match 'up against it', but I think man U have been playing the whole season like a team that is kind of out-reaching for their ability, and they're not really comfortable.

The stats for Man U's loss are unbelievable. Great drama!