NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

For the first time in a while I'm quite looking forward to the games. Firstly because we get to see Spain in all their free flowing glory and secondly I've managed to score free tickets to the Sweden game by schmoozing the boss.

Someone pass Fresh the Kleenex....ew.

Anyway, hear that the naming rights to St James' Park re up for grabs. It's a terrible shame that it has gone so far that we need to seek financial stability through renaming the oldest stadium in the north. But, such is the nature of the times.

Edited by Iun

I'm fully hyped for the internationals as always, especially seeing as Ireland are in the damned play-offs.

Will be glued to the TV Friday evening for the 1st leg in Estonia, then I got tickets for the 2nd leg in Dublin... WOOT.

Kinda hoping for a 1 - 1 draw in the 1st leg to add some extra excitement for the 2nd leg :heh:

(And hopfully extra amazing celebrations if we do qualify)

Though I had a dream last night the 1st leg ended 2 - 0 to Ireland :D

Someone pass Fresh the Kleenex....ew.

Anyway, hear that the naming rights to St James' Park re up for grabs. It's a terrible shame that it has gone so far that we need to seek financial stability through renaming the oldest stadium in the north. But, such is the nature of the times.

I can't think of any reason other than nostalgia why people would think renaming their stadium is a bad idea.

It's basically free money. Who cares what it's called? Every Newcastle will still call it St James' Park.

Renaming the stadium will give the club a lot of money which can be reinvested into the team.

Just finished my shift at the Community Centre stadium, where it was an England U19 international against Denmark. It's farily impressive for a few reasons; AmEx stadium is only 6 months old, yet it's hosting international-level (kinda) games - something many, many other stadiums cannot boast. It also had the biggest crowd for an U19 squad for a couple of decades - and our 2nd-biggest crowd since the opening game.

No idea what the score was, but the 'fans' were a fine bunch of arseholes who clearly didn't go to see much football. Tickets were like 50p each or something ridiculous. Monster of a shift. Arg.

COME ON IRELAND

3 - 0 up with 25mins to go... Estonia seemed more dangerous in the first 20mins of the 2nd half but Ireland just pulled 2 goals from almost nowhere. In full control now.

EDIT:

DAMN, Estonia now down to 9 men, they are not having a good night

EDIT2

OH MY GOD

4 - 0 Robbie Keane from the penalty spot.

We should be all but in the pot for the Euro 2012 now.

Only thing I'm worried about now is that Ireland might sit back in the 2nd leg in Dublin (since I'll be there), hopefully not and the match is equally as good, but either way there should be celebrations after it

Edited by Mokong

And you Irish were worried. :p

Would take something special for Ireland to fuck it up now.

Haha, yeah. Well we tend to be jinxed whenever we are considered favourites for something and tend to play our best when we are considered underdogs.

Oh man I can't wait for tuesdays match. Be my first time in the new Aviva Stadium and my first Irish game since 1997 so this should be (bar a miricle of a fuck up) hell of great night

I don't disagree with what that says about a lot of our home crowd, it's the same at Old Trafford (even if that article suggests otherwise).

Good point. I worry the same thing will happen when we get round to building a new stadium.

Well teh england game wasn't tooo bad to watch. 2nd half was a great improvement, but the fact that it was ITV commentary really annoyed me throughout. Too much over-zealous patriotism and spin.

While Spaid did play a fairly strong team, the fact is that they have a fairly strong squad anyway. England's squad did show decent strength - Lescott did brilliantly and Parker obviously put in the time, too, but the first half was ridiculous - so many times we'd get the ball and you'd see the rest of the team just running up rather than supporting, or going into space, and too much long ball.

I don't disagree with what that says about a lot of our home crowd, it's the same at Old Trafford (even if that article suggests otherwise).

The article was focusing on the Stretford End in particular, and the Kop End at Anfield. Hard to argue that those two sections are quiet.

Checked the BBC Sport site this morning to see that Carlos Tevez has yet again

failed to turn up to training.

I find it funny how it's not even a big issue anymore. It's almost the expected thing. "Yeah, he's in Argentina, agaaaain. He'll go soon, we promise, we just need someone to come in with a 50 million bid....any minuuute now."

Carlos Tevez reminds me of Charizard; ignoring commands and making Ash look like a fool. He'll start obeying Mancini once he gains the relevant Gym badge.

In other words, if Man City need to win some silverware to keep him.

The article was focusing on the Stretford End in particular, and the Kop End at Anfield. Hard to argue that those two sections are quiet.

I've been to Old Trafford three times now and the fans have never been particularly loud, the PA on the other hand. A few mates have told me they didn't think much of the Kop when they've been up to Anfield.

I would say it's no different at Arsenal than for any other top club. High ticket prices don't help your average working class bloke, who will shout and scream what ever the weather. Unfortunately this leaves opportunities for day trippers, tourists and tarquins (suits). Who don't really get involved all that much.

1)Stoke City 101.8 Decibels

2) Spurs 97.58 DB

3)Liverpool 95.40 DB

4)Portsmouth 94.30 DB

5)Newcastle 94.06 DB

6)Aston Villa 92.20 DB

7)Chelsea 92.06 DB

8)Middlesborough 91.30 DB

9)Arsenal 90.80 Db

10)WBA 90.26 DB

11)Everton 89.98 DB

12)Blackburn 89.30 DB

13)Bolton 88.00 DB

14) Man City 87.25 DB

15 Fulham 87.00 Db

16)Man Utd 86.50 DB

17) West Ham 86.15 DB

18) Wigan 86.10 DB

19) Hull City 84.60 DB

20) Sunderland 84.05 DB

101.8 - Stoke City

97.58 - Tottenham Hotspur

95.40 - Liverpool

94.30 - Portsmouth

94.06 - Newcastle

92.20 - Aston Villa

92.06 – Chelsea

91.30 – Middlesborough

90.80 – Aresenal

90.26 – West Brom

Liverpool, 97 decibels

Man United, 94 decibels

Aston Villa, 89 decibels

Everton, 86 decibels

Blackpool, 85 decibels

Stoke City, 83 decibels

Newcastle, 82 decibels

West Ham, 81 decibels

Chelsea, 80 decibels

Sunderland, 80 decibels

Arsenal, 77 decibels

Wigan, 72 decibels

Man City, 71 decibels

Tottenham, 70 decibels

Birmingham, 70 decibels

Bolton, 69 decibels

Wolves, 69 decibels

Blackburn, 67 decibels

West Brom, 67 decibels

Fulham, 65 decibels

Only the 2011 numbers show us up. But louder than City and Spurs who both claim to have loud home support?

I've been to Old Trafford three times now and the fans have never been particularly loud, the PA on the other hand. A few mates have told me they didn't think much of the Kop when they've been up to Anfield.

I would say it's no different at Arsenal than for any other top club. High ticket prices don't help your average working class bloke, who will shout and scream what ever the weather. Unfortunately this leaves opportunities for day trippers, tourists and tarquins (suits). Who don't really get involved all that much.

1)Stoke City 101.8 Decibels

2) Spurs 97.58 DB

3)Liverpool 95.40 DB

4)Portsmouth 94.30 DB

5)Newcastle 94.06 DB

6)Aston Villa 92.20 DB

7)Chelsea 92.06 DB

8)Middlesborough 91.30 DB

9)Arsenal 90.80 Db

10)WBA 90.26 DB

11)Everton 89.98 DB

12)Blackburn 89.30 DB

13)Bolton 88.00 DB

14) Man City 87.25 DB

15 Fulham 87.00 Db

16)Man Utd 86.50 DB

17) West Ham 86.15 DB

18) Wigan 86.10 DB

19) Hull City 84.60 DB

20) Sunderland 84.05 DB

101.8 - Stoke City

97.58 - Tottenham Hotspur

95.40 - Liverpool

94.30 - Portsmouth

94.06 - Newcastle

92.20 - Aston Villa

92.06 – Chelsea

91.30 – Middlesborough

90.80 – Aresenal

90.26 – West Brom

Liverpool, 97 decibels

Man United, 94 decibels

Aston Villa, 89 decibels

Everton, 86 decibels

Blackpool, 85 decibels

Stoke City, 83 decibels

Newcastle, 82 decibels

West Ham, 81 decibels

Chelsea, 80 decibels

Sunderland, 80 decibels

Arsenal, 77 decibels

Wigan, 72 decibels

Man City, 71 decibels

Tottenham, 70 decibels

Birmingham, 70 decibels

Bolton, 69 decibels

Wolves, 69 decibels

Blackburn, 67 decibels

West Brom, 67 decibels

Fulham, 65 decibels

Only the 2011 numbers show us up. But louder than City and Spurs who both claim to have loud home support?

What a load of bollocks, what do those stats even mean? So they measure the sound at a random point during a game, or across every minute of every game across the whole season? Forgetting the fact that stadiums have different capacities anyway.

What a load of bollocks, what do those stats even mean? So they measure the sound at a random point during a game, or across every minute of every game across the whole season? Forgetting the fact that stadiums have different capacities anyway.

I agree, obviously 75k at Old Trafford should be louder than Craven Cottage.

Honestly I can't tell you how they conduct the survey, however they back up my point about all clubs being in the same boat.

2 England friendlies, 2 Tottenham players get MOTM. A nice surprise. Kyle Walker has to start ahead of Johnson in my eyes.

2 England friendlies, 2 Tottenham players get MOTM. A nice surprise. Kyle Walker has to start ahead of Johnson in my eyes.

After one game? I'd put Kelly ahead of Walker, nevermind Johnson. Against Spain Johnson and Parker were are best players, now after Walker has one good game for England against Sweden he should now be ahead of our established RB?

After one game? I'd put Kelly ahead of Walker, nevermind Johnson. Against Spain Johnson and Parker were are best players, now after Walker has one good game for England against Sweden he should now be ahead of our established RB?

How Johnson and Walker got a nod ahead of Micah Richards only Capello knows.

I don't rate Johnson at all. Put it this way, would Johnson usurp Walker in our starting 11? No.

Oh, and Ramar, I agree that Micah Richards should be our number 1 right back.

Edited by spirited away

I don't rate Johnson at all. Put it this way, would Johnson usurp Walker in our starting 11? No.

Oh, and Ramar, I agree that Micah Richards should be our number 1 right back.

Offensively Johnson is brilliant, and his defensive ability is underrated, he's really not as bad as is made out.