NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

I don't like the notion of 'bigger clubs'. Wigan have been in the Premier League for a good few years now, when was the last time Forest or Wednesday were? Surely that would mean that Wigan are 'bigger' than either of them?

I've seen Plymouth and Huddersfield bring thousands to Emirates. Wigan regularly fail to bring even a couple of hundred. Crap club. The lower league Chelsea/Man City, only got to where they are through an owners pocket.

But my notion in kicking such clubs out should the Premier League be closed is so that you would have the biggest clubs at the top with the largest fanbases. Lets not beat around the bush the idea is very American, franchises have been known to shut down & moved if they fail to keep the fans coming.

The whole idea is ridiculous anyway and the great irony is that Wigan's owner Dave Whelan is someone who vocally expressed his disagreement with the idea. Link.

Edited by Ramar

On the subject of rubbish fans, Chelsea had to give away 1000 tickets for tonights match.

No offence to Ell or Kav and any other Chelski fans, but that's hilarious. :p

On the subject of rubbish fans, Chelsea had to give away 1000 tickets for tonights match.

We've had really poor ticket sales so far this year. Every home game has gone general sale. I think a mixture of economic troubles, 6% ticket increase and poor form have contributed.

I reckon our Carling Cup game with Bolton will be very empty, I hope the club offers tickets to local schools.

Carling Cup maybe, but it's the Champions League, i'd of thought they'd be in high demand.

We've had really poor ticket sales so far this year. Every home game has gone general sale. I think a mixture of economic troubles, 6% ticket increase and poor form have contributed.

I reckon our Carling Cup game with Bolton will be very empty, I hope the club offers tickets to local schools.

I loved how the club announced the attendance against Sunderland as over 60,000. Judging by the empty seats that were a plenty, that was some serious bringing of the truth going on there.

Yes,yes, onto other things: I'm going to ask you a bunch of questions...and I want them answered immediately.

I've just realised that Arsenal vs Marseille is televised tonight. It's my last day in England as I'm off to Belgium tomorrow. Do I visit ASDA and ruin my diet by:

- getting a pizza (first choice option atm)

- chocolate

- something else

Going to Belgium also means it'll be the first game I'll most likely miss this season, against City no less. Watched every one so far, including last night's game, which wasn't a good performance, but a valuable three points.

I would go for all 3. Pizza + Chocalate + Something else (beer).

U Mad, Bro?

I'd feel like a proper fatty if I did that. Plus, it's only Arsenal.

I'm hoping Marseille rip them a new hole. ;)

U Mad, Bro?

I'd feel like a proper fatty if I did that. Plus, it's only Arsenal.

I'm hoping Marseille rip them a new hole. ;)

Fat is the new thin. Or something. Love the flab. The missus will still love ya :love:

I care not for Arsenal, I'm off to play 5-a-side tonight.

I loved how the club announced the attendance against Sunderland as over 60,000. Judging by the empty seats that were a plenty, that was some serious bringing of the truth going on there.

Thankfully they don't announce it at games any more. After everyone laughed and then reacted negatively when they announced 60k against Villa last year when it was nearer 50k.

I am waiting for the club (Tom Fox especially) to publicly admit they got it horribly wrong increasing ticket prices.

Fat is the new thin. Or something. Love the flab. The missus will still love ya :love:

I care not for Arsenal, I'm off to play 5-a-side tonight.

I hope you score with your head, Mr Shearer.

Also, about Wigan: They haven't got the history that a lot of other clubs have, but you have to say that the rise they have made is pretty impressive. Wigan's not a very big place and most of the locals have been supporting other teams for a long time before Wigan Athletic came along. Their fanbase will grow and its the younger fans that attend games which will help pass on their love for the club onto their children, and so on.

They've been lucky because if there wasn't the owner, the club wouldn't be where they are. But, they are here, and they've shown that they want to play football and do something special.

I hope you score with your head, Mr Shearer.

Also, about Wigan: They haven't got the history that a lot of other clubs have, but you have to say that the rise they have made is pretty impressive. Wigan's not a very big place and most of the locals have been supporting other teams for a long time before Wigan Athletic came along. Their fanbase will grow and its the younger fans that attend games which will help pass on their love for the club onto their children, and so on.

They've been lucky because if there wasn't the owner, the club wouldn't be where they are. But, they are here, and they've shown that they want to play football and do something special.

Plus the fact that most of the folk from Wigan prefer the odd shaped ball sports :heh:

What do you mean by give them away? Free?! Why did I not hear about this as a member?

I booked tickets to go see Wolves yesterday. I would see more games but need to get my first payslip first :)

Also, good win tonight. Torres deserved a to complete his hat-trick tonight but it does not matter.

I know Genk aren't exactly a hard team but a win is a win is a win!

Yeah, but if you think that's bad, Marseille had an entire empty stand tonight! Disgraceful.

Trololol

Pretty poor game, but Arsenal looked good defensively. I'm still in a state of shock about that.

What do you mean by give them away? Free?! Why did I not hear about this as a member?

I booked tickets to go see Wolves yesterday. I would see more games but need to get my first payslip first :)

Also, good win tonight. Torres deserved a to complete his hat-trick tonight but it does not matter.

I know Genk aren't exactly a hard team but a win is a win is a win!

Here ye go.

Yeah, but if you think that's bad, Marseille had an entire empty stand tonight! Disgraceful.

Trololol

Pretty poor game, but Arsenal looked good defensively. I'm still in a state of shock about that.

I know, i saw that and thought they must be doing work on it or something, was it empty because they couldn't sell the tickets?!

Koscielny MotM.

And a proper steal job from us, we didn't create much. But I'm well happy with that.

Trololol

Just takes time, all the defenders are class on paper, just taking time to build that understanding. Coming together at a time when confidence was at an all time low didn't help things.

I'm not getting carried away but our centre backs seem to be getting better and your lots getting worse (Ferdinand and Vidic) :heh:

Edited by Jon

I know, i saw that and thought they must be doing work on it or something, was it empty because they couldn't sell the tickets?!

They're doing stadium renovations for Euro 2016. Hence why 2/3 of one stand is closed.

Plus the fact that most of the folk from Wigan prefer the odd shaped ball sports :heh:

Aye, although judging from some of their defending at times, I think the players forget which sport they're playing. :heh:

Here ye go.

Who do you think they are? Chelsea?!

They're developing the stadium ahead of Euro 2016. Could've done with the fans tonight, they were pretty poor. Arsenal controlled the midfield well.

Just takes time, all the defenders are class on paper, just taking time to build that understanding. Coming together at a time when confidence was at an all time low didn't help things.

I'm not getting carried away but our centre backs seem to be getting better and your lots getting worse (Ferdinand and Vidic) :heh:

Oi, they've hardly played this season. We've played so many different centre-backs this season. :(

Stunning display from Chelsea tonight, especially the first half. Sure the opposition wasn't much to speak of but regardless we played the ball with some real skill and well-thought passes. A joy to watch.

Even if Torres scores 30 this season, he will still be a laughing stock, it's brilliant. :laughing:

Was playing the FM12 demo, when i noticed a funny result.

AACEC3C3EAFD06700699ECD7A546B89B3A856E26

They've spent about £35m aswell. :D

Honestly don't know how we didn't win that game easily. Suárez was brilliant, apart from his finishing, which was poor. On another day he'd of scored 3+, easily. We are playing well enough to win games, but our finishing is just so bad so far this season. If we can sort that out, we'll be a top team.