NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Offensively Johnson is brilliant, and his defensive ability is underrated, he's really not as bad as is made out.

To be fair, I can't say I've watched him enough recently to make a proper judgement. Regardless, right back is a relatively weak area in England's defence.

To be fair, I can't say I've watched him enough recently to make a proper judgement. Regardless, right back is a relatively weak area in England's defence.

I believe it's quite strong. Johnson and Richards are quality. Kelly, Walker and Flanagan are all really good young players. I'm probably forgetting some non Liverpool players. :p

I believe it's quite strong. Johnson and Richards are quality. Kelly, Walker and Flanagan are all really good young players. I'm probably forgetting some non Liverpool players. :p

Strong yes, but I meant relative to the other defensive positions. I would suggest our centre-backs and left backs are of higher quality. The more I think about it though, the less convinced I become :P.

OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ

COME ON YE BOYS IN GREEN COME ON YE BOYS IN GREEN COME ON YE BOYS IN GREEN

COME... ON.... YE.... BOYS.... IN.... GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

WOOT

Just waking up now after great night of celebration. Was a good game, finished 1 - 1 but could have been more (in Irelands favour). Great atmosphere in the stadium too of course big buzz. some funny moments with the crowd too.

We got a mexican wave going at one point and as it went round and the irish were loving it when it reached the Estonian fans they didn't join in so we all booed them. But th wave continued round again with the Irish fans round the stadium and when it got to them again we started to boo but then they joined in so we gave them a big cheer :D Wave continued one more time and they did join in again and got another big cheer.

The FAI also left these big(ish) green cards on all seats for fans to hold up that said "Green with Pride" nice idea though they failed to think that a number of them would be turned into paper planes.... and many were. Crowd got a good laugh when some got a good glide and landed on the pitch, almost turned into a mini game within the stadium... who can land on the pitch.

But yeah the main bussiness of course done on the pitch, 1 - 1 on the night 5 - 1 on aggragate. Big cheers and celebrations and chanting and singing.

Now all I need to do is win the Euromillions so I can go over to Poland/Ukraine next summer :heh:

It pains me to say it but Kyle Walker is the best bet at right back, he's fast with good ability on the ball. Micah Richards is a freakish athlete but he looks cumbersome every time he touches the ball. Johnson had one good season and is still living off it.

Are we talking about the same Johnson? :p

Glen Johnson rarely has bad games, he's been consistently good since he joined us.

He hasn't been found guilty of anything, I'm still 100% behind him.

He admitted to saying 'Negrito', which basically means pal, mate, friend. So the FA might have took action over that. If that's the only thing they have on him, then he's 100% innocent.

He hasn't been found guilty of anything, I'm still 100% behind him.

He admitted to saying 'Negrito', which basically means pal, mate, friend. So the FA might have took action over that. If that's the only thing they have on him, then he's 100% innocent.

Not entirely true. I studied Spanish and am trying to get back into it at the moment, and I've never heard of Negrito being used as mate or friend.

Just looked it up, it actually means "little black one" in the technical sense. It can be used as a term of endearment, but so can a lot of other words.

I still think Evra is just winding people up with this one. He probably doesn't even give a shit. :heh:

I've been to Old Trafford three times now and the fans have never been particularly loud, the PA on the other hand. A few mates have told me they didn't think much of the Kop when they've been up to Anfield.

I would say it's no different at Arsenal than for any other top club. High ticket prices don't help your average working class bloke, who will shout and scream what ever the weather. Unfortunately this leaves opportunities for day trippers, tourists and tarquins (suits). Who don't really get involved all that much.

1)Stoke City 101.8 Decibels

2) Spurs 97.58 DB

3)Liverpool 95.40 DB

4)Portsmouth 94.30 DB

5)Newcastle 94.06 DB

6)Aston Villa 92.20 DB

7)Chelsea 92.06 DB

8)Middlesborough 91.30 DB

9)Arsenal 90.80 Db

10)WBA 90.26 DB

11)Everton 89.98 DB

12)Blackburn 89.30 DB

13)Bolton 88.00 DB

14) Man City 87.25 DB

15 Fulham 87.00 Db

16)Man Utd 86.50 DB

17) West Ham 86.15 DB

18) Wigan 86.10 DB

19) Hull City 84.60 DB

20) Sunderland 84.05 DB

101.8 - Stoke City

97.58 - Tottenham Hotspur

95.40 - Liverpool

94.30 - Portsmouth

94.06 - Newcastle

92.20 - Aston Villa

92.06 – Chelsea

91.30 – Middlesborough

90.80 – Aresenal

90.26 – West Brom

Liverpool, 97 decibels

Man United, 94 decibels

Aston Villa, 89 decibels

Everton, 86 decibels

Blackpool, 85 decibels

Stoke City, 83 decibels

Newcastle, 82 decibels

West Ham, 81 decibels

Chelsea, 80 decibels

Sunderland, 80 decibels

Arsenal, 77 decibels

Wigan, 72 decibels

Man City, 71 decibels

Tottenham, 70 decibels

Birmingham, 70 decibels

Bolton, 69 decibels

Wolves, 69 decibels

Blackburn, 67 decibels

West Brom, 67 decibels

Fulham, 65 decibels

Only the 2011 numbers show us up. But louder than City and Spurs who both claim to have loud home support?

But you just gave two contrasting bits of information. You just said Old Trafford wasn't loud, and then posted information to say that they are the second loudest club in 2011. So, which is it? :heh:

In South America, they call friends or relatives it.

I hope he does give a shit, since these are serious accusations. If Suárez is found not guilty, they should punish Evra.

In South America, they call friends or relatives it.

I hope he does give a shit, since these are serious accusations. If Suárez is found not guilty, they should punish Evra.

Means absolutely nothing. The game was taking place in Liverpool, not in South America, and Suarez used the term when speaking to a Black Frenchman of Senegalese descent. Clearly the two are not friends, and they were playing for rival teams in a famous derby, notorious for being quite fierce. So, I think it's pretty obvious Suarez was doing it to wind Evra up.

Either way, Suarez is a very, very stupid man for even thinking about using a word that does have connotations against a rival. Using the word with your best friend, maybe. Using a word that translates to "little black man" against a rival. Well, make up your own mind with that one. The word might be used as an affectionate term, but it can also be used for derogatory purposes. Think of the word "nigga" and how in some cases, you can use it (maybe) when talking to friends, but it can also mean an insult. That's language for you. All about the intent of the word.

Means absolutely nothing. The game was taking place in Liverpool, not in South America, and Suarez used the term when speaking to a Black Frenchman of Senegalese descent. Clearly the two are not friends, and they were playing for rival teams in a famous derby, notorious for being quite fierce. So, I think it's pretty obvious Suarez was doing it to wind Evra up.

Either way, Suarez is a very, very stupid man for even thinking about using a word that does have connotations against a rival. Using the word with your best friend, maybe. Using a word that translates to "little black man" against a rival. Well, make up your own mind with that one. The word might be used as an affectionate term, but it can also be used for derogatory purposes. Think of the word "nigga" and how in some cases, you can use it (maybe) when talking to friends, but it can also mean an insult. That's language for you. All about the intent of the word.

I'm 100% sure there was no racism intended, the word he (probably is the word) has said to Evra was not used in a racist way. I'd be really disappointed if Suárez was given a ban for what is in the open now, if more evidence appears which proves he did racially abuse him, then i'm ok with whatever ban he's given.

Half of the Uruguay national team is black, there's no way he is racist. I think it's just been misinterpreted.

I dont think its gonna matter though if racism was intended or not, it was just a pretty stupid thing to say.

I'm 100% sure there was no racism intended, the word he (probably is the word) has said to Evra was not used in a racist way. I'd be really disappointed if Suárez was given a ban for what is in the open now, if more evidence appears which proves he did racially abuse him, then i'm ok with whatever ban he's given.

You can't be 100% sure, because the two were playing in a derby, for rival teams and they were hardly being "friendly" to each other throughout the whole game. Like I said, it was a fierce game. I imagine they said a few things that were nasty to each other.

Half of the Uruguay national team is black, there's no way he is racist. I think it's just been misinterpreted.

Sorry dude, but that's a bullshit argument. With that same logic, we can never ever accuse John Terry or any English player of being a racist. :heh:

Anyway, the FA will find a way to drop it. They seemed to kept this reasonably quiet so far, and there seems to be more focus on the John Terry case. Can't see them taking action in both cases, for some reason.

You can't be 100% sure, because the two were playing in a derby, for rival teams and they were hardly being "friendly" to each other throughout the whole game. Like I said, it was a fierce game. I imagine they said a few things that were nasty to each other.

Sorry dude, but that's a bullshit argument. With that same logic, we can never ever accuse John Terry or any English player of being a racist. :heh:

Anyway, the FA will find a way to drop it. They seemed to kept this reasonably quiet so far, and there seems to be more focus on the John Terry case. Can't see them taking action in both cases, for some reason.

I seriously doubt John Terry was racist, he might be a dickhead in most ways, but i would never believe he was racist.

I seriously doubt John Terry was racist, he might be a dickhead in most ways, but i would never believe he was racist.

I wouldn't put anything past him.

Can definitely say that I wouldn't be shocked if it did turn out to be true. He's a great defender, but a huuuuuuuuuuge arsehole. Wouldn't trust my cat with him.

It doesn't necessarily make them racist just because they used a racial slur. If John Terry did say it, the most likely explanation is that he's an idiot and a dick.

This is a guy who bit a player in the ear during a match, calling someone a racial term is like childs play to him.

This is a guy who bit a player in the ear during a match, calling someone a racial term is like childs play to him.

Was more chest/neck area. :p

Was more chest/neck area. :p

Hah, next you'll be sayings that's a sign of affection in his neck of the woods :heh:

Hah, next you'll be sayings that's a sign of affection in his neck of the woods :heh:

Haha :) Even i can't defend him on that though, it was obviously way over the top. :blush:

For the record, the word "Negrito" is not insulting by itself*. It's all in the context, so accusing someone of being racist simply by uttering it (in a Spanish accent, no less) is incredibly ignorant.

*(it doesn't translate as "Little Black Man", it translates roughly to "Blacky". The concept of diminutives is always tricky to explain in English)

But you just gave two contrasting bits of information. You just said Old Trafford wasn't loud, and then posted information to say that they are the second loudest club in 2011. So, which is it? :heh:

The data was to show that all club's are in the same boat and there is no definitive proof of Arsenal in being more quiet than other clubs.

Plus I said from my experiences at Old Trafford it's never been loud.

Edited by Ramar