N-Europe

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

daftada

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressions from people who've imported it are good so far, even from people who either weren't into the series or got bored with WW/LgttC. Think there's enough changes and new customisations to make the game feel fresh again. Plus interactions with other players has improved a lot as well which is probably the biggest change.

The only Animal I ever played was Wild World. Very enjoyable game. We had the Wii iteration but I was never interested in playing it. Spent a lot of time watching my little sister play, just never 'felt' the need to play it but by that time I think I was already tired out by my hundreds of hours spent on Wild World.

Anyway:

Edited by -Dem0-

I feel this game would benefit from a good online infrastructure with server side worlds that friends can visit any time, and towns that tens of people can visit at once. Maybe even having server lists where you can choose where to go, and the option to build houses/spec out your entire town.

I feel this game would benefit from a good online infrastructure with server side worlds that friends can visit any time, and towns that tens of people can visit at once. Maybe even having server lists where you can choose where to go, and the option to build houses/spec out your entire town.

I agree with this.

It feels as though NINTENDO is scared to make it abit more MMO-like.

It would be nice if one could also visit a bustling city or two where loads of people come together to play games and have all kinds o' fun.

I take it there's still a max of 4 players per village?

I suppose if you tried really hard you could get an IP routed from Japan. Oh hey, why not get someone to set you up a VPN tunnel in Japan and use their public facing IP as the gateway. Problem solved?:geek:

THIS POST IS NOT IN ENGLISH.

The following info comes directly from Satoru Iwata...

- shipped roughly 600k copies last week including an additional shipment

- another shipment of 100k copies is due in the first half of this week

- second half of this week will see an additional 200k copies shipped

- over 200k digital purchases of Animal Crossing: New Leaf have been made

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=190234

Biggest retail/digital ratio they have had so far, typically it's 5%.

Brilliant to see this absolutely beasting out the market in japan, gets me excited for when it hits here! Is there any word on when that is, yet?

Heh, even though they sound a little like poop noises, I liked that walking in the rain made squelchy mud noises. Definitely getting this when it comes, suddenly feel all nostalgic over WW. I was upset when I saw him run through those flowers too! Reminded me of my old days trying to breed all the special colours!

Edited by Rummy

Great to see it's selling well in Japan, have to see what the sales will be like once it hits the European shores. I remember playing Wild World every day for over a year, it was such a good game. But from playing it again recently, it still is a good game and one to play if bored as it can pass many hours so quickly.

Is there voice chat i this game? I'm still not user exactly how different it is to wild world... More interested in the connectivity aspect and the street and spot pass. The potential is immense but mario kart proved to me Nintendo can quite easily fuck up an amazing opportunity

I don't think there's voice chat, but there is the ability to instant message your friends that are playing at the same time as you, even if you're not visiting each other's towns. I think that SpotPass is used to send rare furniture (they did a promotion with 7-11 in Japan, and you could get a few items relating to that), and StreetPass is really well supported: not only can you visit a model home of anyone you StreetPass with (and maybe purchase items found in their house?), you can also go to some kind of hypnotist lady, who puts you to sleep so you can explore a 'dream version' of their whole town, albeit a version where you can't interact with the human character or do any lasting damage like chopping down their trees.

Designs can be exchanged by scanning in QR codes

tumblr_mdpz7yDdgK1rlwsl1o1_1280.jpg

Yeah I know. But I want to know if you can see the designs of people you walk past, because otherwise hoe the hell am I supposed to scan their qr codes?

I just know this game is going to be the biggest missed opportunity... Typical Nintendo. Sometimes they really do do the bare minimum.

Yeah I know. But I want to know if you can see the designs of people you walk past, because otherwise hoe the hell am I supposed to scan their qr codes?

I just know this game is going to be the biggest missed opportunity... Typical Nintendo. Sometimes they really do do the bare minimum.

I'm not really sure, it might be possibe through one of the shop extensions you get later on in the game. But then again I haven't seen it confirmed...

Although Spotpass items were available in Japan in the first week the game released I think.

Though I don't think you can just call this a missed opportunity! The game makes radical use of the streetpass. It makes you exchange total town layouts and houses. I'm not really sure how heavy streetpass data can be, but I really think that must push the limits off it? I mean exchanging total town and house layouts in a couple of seconds when passing somebody on the streets is kind of a huge accomplishment to me.

I guess it boils down to them not giving me what I want from the game. I don't care about seeing full town layouts, it's nice but I don't care. I'm all about communication and exchange - I want to connect with people, and see what their designed are like, I want the ability to send them a letter after meeting them in real life (don't know if you can or can't do this but i HIGHLY doubt it), I want us to be able to choose an item that we GIVE to who ever we cross so we actually get something from them. etc etc.

What I really want, and I've banged on about this in more detail previously, is an economy build in in the game. So we can have our own shops that we sell, our designs being monetised, and you can "follow" your favourite designers and see what they have and then buy them. How good would it be just randomly getting sent money because someone has bought your wallpaper or whatever?!

This is the kind of shit I want the game to do. Not take away voice chat which was in the Wii version. Or the biggest new feature being the ability to swim. This game barely changes and the potential it has is huge. Just irritates me so much when Nintendo don't get close to realising it.