Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

daftada

I think the charm of this may be starting to wear off with me now...

I feel the same, with a slight difference. I'm actually still enjoying it a great deal, I just don't know if I can justify the time. This is what I consider the minimum to do each day:

* Check the Nook supermarket (whatever it's called).

* Find Fossils and have them analysed.

* Check what's for sale on Museum's 1st floor.

* Visit Island, if only to check what's on sale.

* See if there are any visitors (like Redd or Sahara)

...Basically, all the things that won't be the same the next day. It might not sound much, but I definitely need two or three play sessions to fit that in. Musn't grumble though - as I say, I am enjoying it.

Finally getting some decent Happy Home Academy points too! My mistake was not having enough furniture sets, and assuming other things would fill the void. From now on, I am actually going to try and have a furniture set in each room (apart from the basement, because it doesn't count). There are a lot of really good wallpapers/floors, like Palace or Imperial, that don't have an official set of furniture to go with them.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I made a request to K.K., appearently I remembered the name of the song wrong. Then I used the Internet to find the correct name of the songs, but he doesn't give me a "disc" of the song...Is this because I didn't get it right the first time? Could always reset if that's the case....(now regretting to fund the resetti center)

So I made a request to K.K., appearently I remembered the name of the song wrong. Then I used the Internet to find the correct name of the songs, but he doesn't give me a "disc" of the song...Is this because I didn't get it right the first time? Could always reset if that's the case....(now regretting to fund the resetti center)

No, it's just that you only get one song a week, and I don't think it's the request song (I requested loads - some correctly-titled, some not). The song I received was K.K. Bubblegum - is that what everyone got today, or is it the first song that everyone gets?

No, it's just that you only get one song a week, and I don't think it's the request song (I requested loads - some correctly-titled, some not). The song I received was K.K. Bubblegum - is that what everyone got today, or is it the first song that everyone gets?

I got Flamingo the first time. After resetting, and dealing with Resetti himself, I got K.K. Western.

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

I feel the same, with a slight difference. I'm actually still enjoying it a great deal, I just don't know if I can justify the time. This is what I consider the minimum to do each day:

* Check the Nook supermarket (whatever it's called).

* Find Fossils and have them analysed.

* Check what's for sale on Museum's 1st floor.

* Visit Island, if only to check what's on sale.

* See if there are any visitors (like Redd or Sahara)

...Basically, all the things that won't be the same the next day. It might not sound much, but I definitely need two or three play sessions to fit that in. Musn't grumble though - as I say, I am enjoying it.

Finally getting some decent Happy Home Academy points too! My mistake was not having enough furniture sets, and assuming other things would fill the void. From now on, I am actually going to try and have a furniture set in each room (apart from the basement, because it doesn't count). There are a lot of really good wallpapers/floors, like Palace or Imperial, that don't have an official set of furniture to go with them.

I'm the same i've lost a bit of interest in this now, i still love it but i just don't feel the need to spend 3 or 4 hours a day on it like i did in the first week, i was trying too hard to expand to the point i was farming the island and it just sapped the enjoyment out of it.

now just doing like you do its a more relaxing game again, i'm sure around events i'll be more active and like today at weekends i'll have a day of money grinding but just not daily

besides i have so may nintendo items now that are spare, i need to start trading

On the first Saturday you meet KK you don't get a choice on the first song he sings (which is the song you get a copy of).

The next Saturday after that you can request at the very beginning and you get to keep the song.

I'm the same i've lost a bit of interest in this now, i still love it but i just don't feel the need to spend 3 or 4 hours a day on it like i did in the first week, i was trying too hard to expand to the point i was farming the island and it just sapped the enjoyment out of it.

now just doing like you do its a more relaxing game again, i'm sure around events i'll be more active and like today at weekends i'll have a day of money grinding but just not daily

besides i have so may nintendo items now that are spare, i need to start trading

Why did anyone play three hours a day on it in the first place... I doubt I have played more than 90 minutes any day since I first started it.

Edited by Tales

On the first Saturday you meet KK you don't get a choice on the first song he sings (which is the song you get a copy of).

The next Saturday after that you can request at the very beginning and you get to keep the song.

Actually it is possible to get a requested aircheck on the first Saturday. :hehe:

If you have full pockets when you talk to K.K., he won't be able to give you the first song he plays. :heh:

Then all you've got to do is free up a space, talk to him again, and he'll let you request a song. You'll get the aircheck for that one instead. ;)

Why did anyone play three hours a day on it in the first place... I doubt I have played more than 90 minutes any day since I first started it.
I won't tell you how long I played it for on the first day. :laughing:

Damn. Was working late last night and missed out on acoustic night :(
Unlucky. :(

Are you going to miss K.K. every Saturday? You're welcome to cat my collection of songs if so. :)

I've already got 8 airchecks thanks to my 3 alt characters. :awesome:

• K.K. Bazaar
  • K.K. Disco
  • Bubblegum K.K.
  • K.K. Island (secret track)
  • K.K. Samba
  • K.K. House
  • K.K. Technopop
  • K.K. Stroll (secret track)

The live performance of K.K. Samba is incredible. Always brings a ridiculously huge smile to my face. :grin:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

:love::bowdown:

Quite a collection, RS. The only one I have is K.K. Adventure. EVERY week other than the first LOL opened, I miss it. Making sure to get my joke book filled in each day, though. I only got my first turnips THIS Sunday, and my bro forgot again! He's never getting those damn turnips, is he? I think they were priced at 103 or 108, but I only had enough for 300 pieces. Tried to make more money, but that damn clock hit 12.

Anyone else's villagers become EXTREMELY lazy? Half of them just stay in their houses, the rest barely move within visual distance of their homes. They don't go to the beach/museum anymore, none of them have even used my benches. They barely ever use any of the shops/village "extras" anymore. It's like they're all drugged out on anti-depressants...

I played much more than 3 hours some days! Just the normal daily grind can eat up an hour. Having local multiplayer actually makes the Island tolerable for stuff other than beetle-farming (I'm going to get loads more medals for the Treasure Chest item, going to build a treasure room! 150 medals a pop is pretty tiresome though! Assuming I can even get it to appear again...)

Factor in any personal projects (not town ones) like cutting down trees and planting new ones and arranging stuff is probably the most time consuming, though (especially being undecided on how you're arranging, like me!)

We got any gardeners here? Can anyone explain why I've never got a single purple rose? I've had white roses together basically since day 1, and nothing. I thought black was meant to be hard, but they just keep spawning.

No :( apparently it was given out to random towns so not everyone will get it. The item can be reordered though.
Where did you hear that? Don't reckon that's the case at all.

I didn't have the letter earlier today, but after putting my 3DS in sleep mode for a bit and reloading my game I did.

Pretty sure it just needed to download it via SpotPass, so if anyone is still missing the letter, just stick your 3DS in sleep mode for a while. :)

We got any gardeners here? Can anyone explain why I've never got a single purple rose? I've had white roses together basically since day 1, and nothing. I thought black was meant to be hard, but they just keep spawning.
Some hybrids have a much lower chance of spawning than others. Can't remember for sure, but I'm guessing that purple roses are one of the rarer types.

There are things you can do to improve the chances though...

Eventually fertilizer can be purchased from the garden store, which can help in producing hybrids.

Also, if your town is on perfect status, you should come across Jacob's Ladders. These can help flowers appear too. ;)

Some random thoughts:

- The shop that opens near to the museum is fairly dull and pointless IMO

- My HH showcase has been empty for weeks, no streetpasses :-(

- Liked Nintendo's gift today! Wish they'd give us the Reggie spotpass though

- I bought 400,000 bells worth of turnips yesterday at 99 bells each, hoping for a big re-sale price

- The letters from 'mom' are a little off putting and completely take me out of the game I find

- Anyone else have Henry? He's awesome. As are Wolfgang and Pierce. Oh and the owner of Club LOL

- I am now an AC believer, it's genius

Where did you hear that? Don't reckon that's the case at all.

I didn't have the letter earlier today, but after putting my 3DS in sleep mode for a bit and reloading my game I did.

Pretty sure it just needed to download it via SpotPass, so if anyone is still missing the letter, just stick your 3DS in sleep mode for a while. :)

Stupid internet rumours! I put my 3DS in sleep mode about an hour ago, just restarted the game and there's my letter. Think I was just paranoid I wasn't going to get it as I really wanted the item!

Is the nightclub utterly pointless? It's slightly fun but what do yo in there other than dance? It has a few minutes if entertainment... It woud be good if on Fridays and Saturdays all the villagers were in there from 8 onwards, so if you wanted to see them, you had to go to the nightclub, that would give it more meaning. Same with the dream place... I just don't find it that fun visiting random towns, especially as you can't order times, I just don't get the point of it... There are so many great ideas that are completely under used its weird. Unless I'm missing something. Loving the game but the missed opporutnities can be painful sometimes... when I see a poll table you can't play, and the dart board, and the arcade etc I just think surely it wouldn't have been that difficult to have tiny mini games with them...

Is the nightclub utterly pointless? It's slightly fun but what do yo in there other than dance? It has a few minutes if entertainment... It woud be good if on Fridays and Saturdays all the villagers were in there from 8 onwards, so if you wanted to see them, you had to go to the nightclub, that would give it more meaning. Same with the dream place... I just don't find it that fun visiting random towns, especially as you can't order times, I just don't get the point of it... There are so many great ideas that are completely under used its weird. Unless I'm missing something. Loving the game but the missed opporutnities can be painful sometimes... when I see a poll table you can't play, and the dart board, and the arcade etc I just think surely it wouldn't have been that difficult to have tiny mini games with them...

Yes your basically making points about the series that have been made sense since the original but will never happen.

I think that NINTENDO thinks that the strength of Animal Crossing is simplicity which brings out the creativeness in people.

They do this with Miis as well

I have big plans for my town but they involve cedar sapling which don't seem to be growing.

I've planted nearly 10 now when I got the chance but only one managed to grow...

Any thoughts?

I think that NINTENDO thinks that the strength of Animal Crossing is simplicity which brings out the creativeness in people.

They do this with Miis as well

I have big plans for my town but they involve cedar sapling which don't seem to be growing.

I've planted nearly 10 now when I got the chance but only one managed to grow...

Any thoughts?

Where are you planting them? How close to other stuff, and indeed, how many in the same area? I don't know if there's a limit of cedars possibly, but I buy seeds and saplings from Leif every day, mostly replacing existing trees though(which so far all seem to have grown ok).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!