NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

al1010211827binout.jpg

Zant Please...(or at least Debbie)

I'll respectfully disagree: Zelda has better/more classic enemies which could be added, and I wouldn't feel they fitted either.

Not sure where all this melee gannondorf love came from, but I share it not!

My main concern here is the online multiplayer. It was just so poorly implemented in Brawl. I liked how Sakurai stood by his guns for not making the game overly competitive, but it would be nice to see a fleshed out online service for the game!

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=16325

News: Sakurai Talks Smash Bros. Rumours

Sakurai responds to recent rumours about 'Smash Bros. Universe' stating that work will not be started until Kid Icarus is finished.

The internet has been in a frenzy recently after a bunch of rumours regarding the upcoming Wii U Smash Bros. title were 'leaked'.

The rumours in question all came from a design brief showing the Japanese and English logos for the game as well as containing some information about the upcoming title.

ssbu2.jpg

The document mentions third-party support, exclusion of the tripping mechanic and changing Samus Aran's move set and overall 'feel'.

When asked about the rumours Nintendo refused to comment, as per usual. Despite this though, Masahiro Sakurai told fans on Twitter that work on the Wii U version of Smash Bros. has not begun, seemingly making these rumours fake.

Sakurai wrote "I'm currently concentrating on one title, Kid Icarus. Until this wraps up, Smash Bros. will not progress. Of course, characters have not been decided at all."

With that in mind, it seems that Smash Bros. is a long way off consider Kid Icarus isn't set to grace us until 2012. What do you make of this? Were you hoping these rumours turned out to be true?

I reallly hope when this game does get announced that it isn't called SSB 'U'niverse... because whilst that in itself may have been a decent enough name... using that name to simply place emphasis on the 'U' is not. I'm still kinda hoping the Wii U will get a name change! :p

Anyway, I've learnt my lesson from SSBB that I'm going no where near the official website (and indeed probably this thread) when they start revealing info about it.

I'd be hoping they keep the Universe name for Super Mario makes more sense as progression from Galaxy...

Oh god.....a sign of things to come.

Smash Bros Universe

Mario Kart Under the Bonnet

Super Mario Utterwin

Metroid U.G.K.

Star Fox U.

:/

I don't know why this only just occured to me but... this will be the first Smash Bros. I have to play without a GameCube remote :( I can't imagine pulling off charged attacks with the slide pad will work all that well, my analogue stick has taken quite a beating over the years!

And I agree with @Retro_Link - I'll be staying away from any information regarding this title as I was so engrossed in the Smash Bros Dojo that it ruined a lot of the surprises for Brawl.

Since day 1 on SSBB I always used the wii-mote sideways, plays so much better than the gamecube controller. More fun when I go to those shitty tourney comps and beat some of the so called hardcore players who looked at me like I was an alien when I didn't want to play with a GCN. and I still beat them.

Since day 1 on SSBB I always used the wii-mote sideways, plays so much better than the gamecube controller. More fun when I go to those shitty tourney comps and beat some of the so called hardcore players who looked at me like I was an alien when I didn't want to play with a GCN. and I still beat them.

Really?! I couldn't stand it, I felt so restricted controlling with the D-pad.

I've been playing SSBB all over again recently and forgot how utterly insane this game is in regards to content. All of those modes and trophies, characters, stages, events, songs, stickers and even demo's for games. I dread to think how much content will be in future iterations.

Although I hope the subspace story is understandable in any future iteration. That mode utterly confused the hell out of me. surely they could have devised a better story line? The fighting mechanics were a little dodgy for a side scroller too. Will be interesting to see if things are changed up.

Sublime game though and possibly THE best local multiplayer fighter ever. So much customisation!

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced new Smash Bros. games for Wii U and 3DS at E3 2011. This was an unprecedented announcement for the company. Never before have two Smash Bros. projects been developed concurrently, nor has any game in the series graced a handheld system.

Unfortunately, it sounds like it’ll take quite some time before either title is released.

Super Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai indicated in a Nintendo Power interview that he had not yet formed an official team to work on the games. He said that development “may take a while”.

Sakurai told the magazine:

“I can’t really say anything until things settle down with Kid Icarus… And a lot of it will depend on the team that I end up assembling for Smash Bros. It may take a while, but I think that your patience will be rewarded.”

This probably isn’t what Smash Bros. fans would like to hear, but it shouldn’t come as a surprise. Sakurai has previously stated that the sole purpose of revealing the Smash Bros. games last June was to assemble developers for the future.

From an interview in NINTENDO POWER.

It's good to know we'll be rewarded, Sakurai, it's good to know that :)

Thing is, the social-economic landscape might have vastly changed in 3 years or so...

If there's to be some Non-Nintendo characters, like Snake and Sonic, it has to be Commander Shepard (of Mass Effect fame). Both male and female of course. Perhaps he should be like a Pokemon trainer/Ice Climbers crossover. So Shepard has one of his squad mates with him at all times, and by pressing a button, he switches squaddie.

If there's to be some Non-Nintendo characters, like Snake and Sonic, it has to be Commander Shepard (of Mass Effect fame). Both male and female of course. Perhaps he should be like a Pokemon trainer/Ice Climbers crossover. So Shepard has one of his squad mates with him at all times, and by pressing a button, he switches squaddie.

I'm trying to think of a response to this, but nothing in English could explain how ridiculous that post is.

Who the hell is Commander Shepard?

He sounds like the kind of guy who could get his ass whooped by Peppy Hare.

I'm trying to think of a response to this, but nothing in English could explain how ridiculous that post is.

Please do explain.

Please do explain.

- He/She has lots of different abilities/skills based on player choice.

- He/She has lots of different appearances based on player choice.

- He/She has different personalities based on player choice.

- He/She has appeared on 360, PS3 and PC and never on a Nintendo console.

- He/She is mostly a "shell" for the player. As a basic character he/she is far from the best - it's the player choices that make him/her.

Both Sonic and Snake had an exclusive game on a Nintendo system.

- He/She has lots of different abilities/skills based on player choice.

I'd say that most characters in Smash Bros either don't have the abilities they do in their own games, or they have abilities they don't in their own games.

Shepard could either have a selection of abilities which is standardised, or you could ignore ability based attacks completely. All Shepards can use guns, all Shepards can use the Omni-Blade. Perhaps the abilities should be decided by what squaddie you've got selected (Tali= Drone, Liara=Singularity, Garrus= Explosive shot)

- He/She has lots of different appearances based on player choice.

This is true.

However there is a sort of standard face which you see in all trailers. And if it's worth HAL's effort, why not make it possible to import your Shepards appearance from the Wii U entry of Mass Effect (which I hope will happen), or it's perhaps possible to import your Miis facial features somehow.

It's even possible for Shepard to have his helmet on at all times.

- He/She has different personalities based on player choice.

How exactly are the characters personalities reflected in Smash Bros? There's a TINY bit of personality that PERHAPS shines through in the Subspace Emisary, but not in the fights. Most of Shepards personality differences shine through via dialogue... but in SSM everyone was mute.

- He/She has appeared on 360, PS3 and PC and never on a Nintendo console.

Yet again, true. But what really prevents Me to appear on the Wii U? I'm holding my thumbs that Retro Studios will port a vastly improved version of ME1.

- He/She is mostly a "shell" for the player. As a basic character he/she is far from the best - it's the player choices that make him/her.

Despite this, I believe that it'd be appreciated. I know that I want it. Hell, I'd pay to have this character as DLC.

Both Sonic and Snake had an exclusive game on a Nintendo system.

True. But as I've written previously: what prevents ME from showing up on the Wii U?

EA are in charge now, so they'll probably port it for the Wii U as well. Or they'll make some kind of spinoff, prequel or midquel.

Give Pokemon Trainer more Pokemon to choose from, I don't know like maybe 6? like a proper Pokemon party, but that would be too advantageous.

They need to keep snake in the next smash though, he's a beast.

Who the hell is Commander Shepard?

He sounds like the kind of guy who could get his ass whooped by Peppy Hare.

First I was like: (0:58)

Then I was:

On a similar subject, what would everyone think about companies using Smash Bros. as a kind of "advertising" platform.

i.e. they get Nintendo to create characters. These are either

- Released for free to promote a game.

- Sold as DLC

- Come with new versions of the game itself.

For example, the new Assassin with Assassin's Creed 3, a Xenomorth with Aliens: Colonial Marines, Batman for Arkham City?

I think, if done right, it could be epic and keep people interested in the game for a while.