NEurope
darksnowman

Luigi's Mansion 2

So what do you guys think of this then? I really didn't like the original Luigi's Mansion that much, the mechanic was fine but the game was kind of clunky and unpolished in my opinion. However, I see this one is getting some good reviews, so I'm a bit interested now...

So what do you guys think of this then? I really didn't like the original Luigi's Mansion that much, the mechanic was fine but the game was kind of clunky and unpolished in my opinion. However, I see this one is getting some good reviews, so I'm a bit interested now...

I would really recommend it, it's a nice quircky puzzle adventure, not too hard though. It's packed with charm and lighthearted humor. Luigi has so much more personality than Mario ever had. It's one of my top four 3ds titles. :)

I much prefer the original but I guess that's largely down to personal taste..

I much prefer the original but I guess that's largely down to personal taste..

You do? :o

I also liked the original, but found it easier and with less replay value...

LM2 makes it obvious (for me) that this franchise fits better on a handheld due to the "mission like" system.

But exactly what you said: to each his own taste!

I would definitely recommend this game, you'll have a smile on your face throughout.

Another Dutch Nintendofan, welcome aboard! :yay:

Thank you!:grin:

Oeh, looks like we might be able to organise a Dutch-meet finally :D

If I'm honest, I started off thinking it was very good, but disliked it the more I played. The main problem is that you simply have to use your tools in every bit of space you see - the gameplay never seemed very addictive, and not often very exciting either. There are difficult moments, but they mainly revolve around whether you can avoid contact with ghosts whilst you're trying to capture another.

The other problem is the mission structure. Luigi's Mansion 2 is top of my "Average Play Time" chart, but that doesn't reflect the enjoyment I got from it. It is simply because I was stuck in missions for a long time (you can't save during them). There are some long and frustrating ones towards the end (that can go wrong at the last minute), and it really ruined my goodwill towards the game.

So, overall I prefer the GameCube original, although I'm not a huge fan of even that. I'm probably in the minority, but I can definitely think of 10 3DS games I prefer.

but I can definitely think of 10 3DS games I prefer.
Just purely out of interest... GO!...

Just purely out of interest... GO!...

This is gonna be easy...

Pilotwings Resort

Ocarina of Time 3D

Star Fox 64 3D

Super Mario 3D Land

New Super Mario Bros 2

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Mighty Switch Force

Mighty Switch Force 2

Cave Story 3D

...For starters! ;)

This is gonna be easy...

Pilotwings Resort

Ocarina of Time 3D

Star Fox 64 3D

Super Mario 3D Land

New Super Mario Bros 2

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Mighty Switch Force

Mighty Switch Force 2

Cave Story 3D

...For starters! ;)

For me Top 4 (totally random/can't choose) is:

Kid Icarus Uprising

Luigi's Mansion 2

Mario Kart 7

Super Mario 3D Land

I guess/hope that (once acquired) Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros and Fire Emblem Awakening will join that list :grin:

This game is brilliant. There's just so much personality everywhere I can't help but grin like a total idiot whenever I play. I must look like the happiest commuter ever.

Edited by Guy

Got this for Christmas and I am so impressed with it.

The graphics, gameplay & music are all excellent.

I didn't think the 3DS was capable of such impressive lighting effects.

Raises the question, why havent Nintendo bought a controlling stake in Next Level Games.

I've finally put this back on after not playing it for an absolute age. I must say it really is a fabulous game! I'm only two areas into the game (done two areas) so I've plenty left to do... and I'm really glad I have loads left!

I've finally put this back on after not playing it for an absolute age. I must say it really is a fabulous game! I'm only two areas into the game (done two areas) so I've plenty left to do... and I'm really glad I have loads left!

Yeah game is amazing. Just remembered the online is brilliant too, kind of makes me want to go back and play the online now...

Yeah game is amazing. Just remembered the online is brilliant too, kind of makes me want to go back and play the online now...

Online was brilliant on this, me and @kav82, but the lack of voice chat actually benefitted the multiplayer. Being given only four gestures/commands to communicate with made it much more exciting, especially the "help-help" one, me and my mates still quote that to each other!

Haha, I can't buy that. Being able to chat with your mates is always a plus. Not just for strategy or anything like that but for the laughs you have.

I was thinking about those online Luigi's Mansion 2 days a few days ago as well, Kaepora.

I have the urge to organize a 4-player online session in which we take on the Infinite Tower to see how far we can get.

Perhaps starting in the early evening somewhere.

I'll let you guys know more when that time comes, have to do a bit of practice again first :3

Just to gauge interest,....who would be game?

I was thinking about those online Luigi's Mansion 2 days a few days ago as well, Kaepora.

I have the urge to organize a 4-player online session in which we take on the Infinite Tower to see how far we can get.

Perhaps starting in the early evening somewhere.

I'll let you guys know more when that time comes, have to do a bit of practice again first :3

Just to gauge interest,....who would be game?

I've never played the online on this (I even forgot their was an online mode) but I'd be game sometime!

Yep me too. I'd be well up for Luigi online. Kav it's really good. Even without online :)

@kav82 you'd have to trust me it does make it better, me and my mates played it local multiplayer and it wasn't nearly as fun as when we couldn't talk tactics etc, more memories playing online and shouting "help-help" at each other!

Just to say, I realise this isn't the case for all games (especially MH next week...) but in this one its fun!

I'd need to pick the game up again, but if there is enough interest I'd love to, loved this game! :)

Alright, Kav82, Dazzybee, Kaepora Gaebora and myself will form a team of Super Luigi GHOSTBUSTERS!

Pick the game up again, practice a bit, and let's try to pick a date next week or so...

Edited by Fused King

I bought this on Friday. It's my first retail gaming purchase this year, although I still didn't need to spend any cash on it. I had £25 in Amazon vouchers from Christmas and figured this was as good as purchase as any. I actually bought this when it it first came out but Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate had hit and this didn't get the attention it needed and got traded in.

I started yesterday afternoon and just hit C-3 now. It's certainly grabbed me a lot more than it originally did. I still think the games stages are a little too long for what is a handheld game. Luckily I do most of my handheld gaming while at home so it hasn't afftected me much.

I had a try of the online last night. Not a bad little game. I was doing the 10 level tower and got to stage 6 and then the randoms either started to quit or just stood there doing nothing. I didn't bother with it after seeing how shoddy the community was playing this.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

This game had online? Loved it when it was first released. Would have 100% it but me not knowing digital Nintendo games being tied to saves prevented me from that.

I agree here, I didn't particularly think this game was amazing. It basically felt pretty expensive for what it was, and I was definitely losing interest as it went along. It was the kind of game that I had hoped would be as cool as the first, but was somewhat disappointed with it.

Climbing the stairs to that boss... I remember that too. That was so god damn boring.

Edited by Sheikah