NEurope
darksnowman

Luigi's Mansion 2

I can't believe some of you saying that this game is a bit short! I've currently spent about four hours on the first mansion and haven't even done the boss yet, and there are seven of them!

I'm enjoying this game immensely, it's really good. At first I didn't like the mission template but after a while I saw how it fitted the format perfectly and now I enjoy taking on a mission while going to work by train.

Got a 404 on the last page when I did it last week, was hoping they fixed it by now.

Got a 404 on the last page when I did it last week, was hoping they fixed it by now.

Same here. I tried it just before I posted and it's still doing it though.

Anybody else having issues completing the survey for this on Club Nintendo?

Yeah, 20 minutes ago, and this survey does not work still.

The atmosphere in this game is something else.

At first I thought the game in general was a bit tedious, as it was simply about approaching every object and either using your Vaccuum Cleaner, shining your Torch, shining your Dark Light or simply pressing X. However, by the time the elemental puzzles were introduced I was really enjoying myself (bring back fire, ice and light into Zelda!)

Nor am I that keen on the mission structure. I understand some people think handheld games should be bitesized, but I just think all games should be convenient to play, whether handheld or console. Missions can take a very long time if you're stuck, and considering you can't save your progress until you've completed a mission, I would actually say it's less convenient than the average Zelda or Metroid.

But (and this is a big but) it really is a remarkable game. The immersion is unbelievable, the camera angles are just right and the level of detail sets new standard for Nintendo. And the design is amazing! Mansions really feel like mansions. The 2nd Mansion is pretty much my ideal house (not the haunted version!) I love how they've stuck closely to a theme and just made subtle variations for each house. All the little details and physics are just right.

All in all, it shows how good Zelda 3DS could be. It's got a lot to live up to!

A bit off topic, but I certainly support bringing ice, fire and light back to the Zelda series :)

Agreed, and by extension and perhaps more importantly... bring back the magic meter!

Just beat

King Boo

. Great game :)

Edited by Serebii

Thanks for the spoiler FFS.

The spoiler that is in the manual, boxart, various points at the start of the game? I apologise if so

Finally got it! Beat the first 3 missions and it's just as amazing as I thought it was gonna be! Probably the most animated game I've ever played! (It's almost impossible to keep track of every little detail - the 3+ year dev cycle really shows!)

My only real disappointment so far is that the title screen and 3DS menu icon is a bit pants (they put so much effort into the game itself and then they act so lazy with those two bits that it's actually really funny :laughing:)

Sadly though I get that feeling that I'm not gonna get much time to play this as Monster Hunter is an all devouring beast that is munching away all of my gaming spare time but I'm sure that I'll love every second of this game! :D)

Edited by Dcubed

Sadly though I get that feeling that I'm not gonna get much time to play this as Monster Hunter is an all devouring beast that is munching away all of my gaming spare time but I'm sure that I'll love every second of this game! :D)
Tell me about it, I've had this game for over 2 weeks now, and I've only done the first mansion and played once online for about 10 minutes. ::shrug:

I know I must sound like a broken record on the subject by now, but seriously, what were Nintendo on when they came up with the release schedule for March? :nono:

I agree, the release shedule for this period is crazy. I want to spend much more time with Luigi's Mansion 2, but next week Fire Emblem is already coming out. And that is also looking to take alot of time to complete. Sigh if only we had one of these games in January or February.

Sigh if only we had one of these games in January or February.
Yeah, that would've been perfect.

Let's just hope that Nintendo isn't planning to release loads of games around June 14th, ey? ;)

Yeah, that would've been perfect.

Let's just hope that Nintendo isn't planning to release loads of games around June 14th, ey? ;)

Agreed.

It's my birthday, Man of Steel gets released in the Cinema, it's E3 week and The Last of Us finally arrives. To hell with Animal Crossing. :D

Agreed.

It's my birthday, Man of Steel gets released in the Cinema, it's E3 week and The Last of Us finally arrives. To hell with Animal Crossing. :D

Very good. :heh:

You guys do realise that you are not forced to pick a game up at launch and play it straight away, right?

I mean, I myself still have to buy a WiiU for crying out loud.

You guys do realise that you are not forced to pick a game up at launch and play it straight away, right?

I mean, I myself still have to buy a WiiU for crying out loud.

You lie, sir

Yeah, wanted to finish this before Fire Emblem but Monster Hunter...

Going to have to try and marathon this over the weekend.

Cleared the second boss recently, wasn't as good as the first boss. Bit easy as well.

LOL. Monster Hunter is bringing us all down. :D

Going to have to try and marathon this over the weekend.

Cleared the second boss recently, wasn't as good as the first boss. Bit easy as well.

This is certainly something I've felt having now cleared the 3rd and 4th bosses.

Hmm I feel a bit cheated there's two fewer levels than normal in Mansion 4