N-Europe

Your Best and Worst Comedians

Beast

Okay so there might have been a thread about it before (I'm sure I made it) but it may be time to make a new one considering...

Who do you find the funniest? Who do you find to be the worst? What's the best stand-up you've been to? What's the worst? What clips do you find funny? What clips doesn't make you laugh?

For me, the best comedian is possibly a tie between Jimmy Carr and Alan Carr...I think I'd go for Jimmy Carr.

The worst comedian ever is definitely, with no shadow of a doubt in my mind, Jack Whitehall. I...just don't get him. I get the jokes but I don't get how people find him funny and how he calls himself a comedian. I've never laughed once at his jokes.

I'm torn between Michael McIntyre right now. At first I thought he was quite unfunny, to me it just seems he's drank too many coffees with Red Bull in them and rambles. However, in saying that, I think he's funny as a judge on Britain's Got Talent. I think I may give him another chance. Speaking of him, I like the Impressions Show, I think they've got him perfectly...

For me:

Best: Rhod Gilbert, Rob Bryden, Russel Howard, Jimmy Carr, Bill Bailey.

Worst: Ricky Gervais and Peter Kay.

Edit: And I've seen one of Dave Gorman's shows (DVD, not live) and it was brilliant.

Edited by Cube

Yeah I can't stand Jack Whitehall.

Some annoying public school boy that hides behind the fact.

Not that I mind public school boy comedians, they're awesome.

But just be real.

How am I meant to connect and laugh with someone when they're being a fake cunt.

Or maybe he isn't being fake, which just makes him a cunt.

I hope next time he's doing coke he ODs.

Man, I'm torn between my favourite comedian.. I usually like stuff that barely any one will joke about, like Frankie Boyle and Jimmy Carr. Though all the Andrew Lawrence stuff I've seen just has me in hysterics, his old stuff is just so warped..

Worst comedian? Easily Lee Evans.

I don't really watch stand-up, I just never really connected with the format. So really I can't judge based on that. I usually see comedians on those panel shows (but only occasionally will I watch them).

I do like Rob Brydon.

I base my comedy likes on TV shows mostly - stand-up just rarely does anything for me. Julia Davis in Nighty Night, Chris Lilley (Summer Heights High) etc...but I'd call them as accomplished, intelligent actors and writers as they are comedians.

I love edgy jokes. I like the kind of jokes that are very borderline but manage to get away with it. I think those ones are the best.

Oh, another worst comedian ever to add to the list is Roy Chubby Brown. His old stuff is pretty funny but the new stuff? It's just really, really shit.

Someone else can be added to my all-time favourites; Lee Mack. He just makes me laugh. I especially love these clips...

Oh yeah, I also love Reginald D. Hunter as well, I think he's awesome.

I hate any standup which is just a slew of one-liners.

My favourites are probably Michael McIntyre, Eddie Izzard and Bill Bailey. I'm going to see Dylan Moran soon which should also be awesome.

Eddie Izzard...

Never really got Eddie Izzard...

Not that he's bad.

He's clearly very good.

Just never connected to it.

There's a big difference between comedians I know are decent but just don't like and those I think are bad.

Peter Kay is obviously a good comedian, but I just don't like his jokes.

Jack Whitehall transcends all of this into cunthood, though.

Add Jimmy Carr to that and you have the three unfunniest men in British comedy.

I disagree with that and Peter Kay considering Jack Whitehall is blatantly beats all of the most unfunniest men ever combined.

My favourite comedian is Ross Noble.

Worst, Jo Brand. Yeah we get it, you're a fat woman, we noticed that ten years ago when you were doing the same old tired routine.

Lenny Henry, I don't think he's ever even made me smile.

Stephen K Amos, change the fucking routine once in a while.

Joan Rivers, offensive to look at and hear, and that's before she's even started telling (read:screeching) her boring jokes that she's been using for years.

George Carlin, just the worst person ever. Well the second worst, the first are the fans who hang on his every word and buy into his bullshit.

For me, the best comedian is possibly a tie between Jimmy Carr and Alan Carr...I think I'd go for Jimmy Carr.

Wow you just lost all credibility in the first post of your own thread.

Edited by MoogleViper

Best and Worst Favourite and Least Favourite? :p

---------

Favourite

- Rhod Gilbert

- Jimmy Carr

- Milton Jones

- Tim Vine

- Ricky Gervais

- Michael McIntyre

- Kevin Bridges

Recently been told about this guy

Least Favourite

- Peter Kay (...................)

- Russel Howard

- Shappi Khorsandi (All her jokes are the same unfunny subject matter)

Worst, Jo Brand. Yeah we get it, you're a fat woman, we noticed that ten years ago when you were doing the same old tired routine.

I hate it when she appears on QI. She does nothing but jokes referring to herself. She always sounds uninterested, like the sports presenter guy who appears on QI every now and then.

Edit: Just checked. He isn't a sports presenter - he's an actual comedian, which makes it even worse. I always thought he was from Sky Sports News.

Edited by Cube

Least Favourite

- Peter Kay (...................)

- Russel Howard

- Shappi Khorsandi (All her jokes are the same unfunny subject matter)

meh.ro6758.jpg

God dayumn, I forgot about that unfunny bastard! Russell Brand is also incredibly unfunny. I still remember the whole "my life is full of embarrassing incidents.. followed by telling every one about those embarrassing incidents" joke that my mates were all laughing at during one of his stand up shows that was on Channel 4, i failed to see how it was funny myself..

Stewart Lee is probably my favourite right now. No one else who really jumps out in my mind.

He's great, I also like Ross Noble, Lee Mack and Rhod Gilbert, can't think of any others that I actually like. There's only a few I really hate, which I already listed, the majority though are just really mediocre.

Wrost has got to be JO BRAND for me whenever ive seen her on mock the week...stand up...q.i or whenever she is not funny in the slightest

others i dont like include : jethro, russell brand, al murray, tim vine, roy chubby brown

Best one for me is Micheal mcinyre he has me crying in laughter whenever i watch his live stuff.

others i like : kevin bridges, russell howard, rrod gilbert and milton jones

only seen one comedian live and thats russell howard last november and he was realllllllly funny very good comedian seeing him live again this november :)

Edited by BeerMonkey