N-Europe

Heaven on Earth

Goafer

So we've got the Living Hell thread, what about the other end of the spectrum? What would be absolute bliss for you? Would it be something that's possible or would it be something impossible (super powers etc)?

In terms of possible, mine would basically be this:

Except it would be Jidder, a brunette and it wouldn't be a race. Just an endless road trip.

In terms of impossible, it would probably just be having the ability to fly. Flying is awesome.

In terms of impossible, it would probably just be having the ability to fly. Flying is awesome.

YES. Flying. I have always dreamt of being able to fly. No wings, no jetpacks just pure flying. *sigh* I actually get sad when I realise it isn't possible. That's why I want to try parachuting at least once in my life; to get as close to the feeling of flying as possible.

So we've got the Living Hell thread, what about the other end of the spectrum? What would be absolute bliss for you? Would it be something that's possible or would it be something impossible (super powers etc)?

In terms of possible, mine would basically be this:

Except it would be Jidder, a brunette and it wouldn't be a race. Just an endless road trip.

Replace that with men and you got me..:)

I'd love to own a boat and explore sunny environments. Just every day, finding islands, walking along beaches, meeting beautiful women. I'd be tanned, muscular and in peak fitness. No worries, no financial needs.

That's my "realistic" vision. The other one requires advances in technology:

Firstly, I'd like to be bio-enhanced, so that I could run, jump and punch like the Hulk.

Secondly, and I'm sorry to lower the tone here, but there'd have to be a perfect Virtual Reality system where I could live out any sexual fantasy, have sex with any woman I wanted. You could specify "blonde", "brunette", exact measurements etc.

Erm...wouldn't that get boring? :p

Heaven for me would be the time and freedom to study every subject I'm interested in, being able to travel and live in different countries and cities, meeting interesting people with some philanthropic acts thrown in, while not aging. So basically...enough money to do all of that stuff?

Oh, and attending Hogwarts. With Narnia in the back of my wardrobe.

I actually had a genuine moment at the end of 2009 (which I won't share) where I could have stayed in that moment forever..

I can't really think of any other examples right now of my idea of 'Heaven on Earth' but that is certainly the closest I have ever felt to Heaven in reality..

This is really difficult for me.

It probably wouldn't be something sexual, because from my slaggy experiences I get major "there's gotta be more to life". (That said, I've never really had sex with someone who resembles what I picture in my head when I think of hot.)

Heaven on Earth would be made of little bits of stun. A plethora of shards of stun. Not homogeneously stunning, because that would get boring. Just everywhere you turn there'd be something as stunning as Velvet Rope by Janet Jackson. Or as stunning as Tori Amos' face on the cover of To Venus And Back.

Everything would be new and dynamic, where appropriate, and as old and steady elsewhere. Everything would just be appropriate. But not in a safe way. In a way that left you with the feeling of "Yes. This moment has been placed HERE."

Everyone would be so appropriately different yet similar that there'd be no concept of war/hate/shit. People would be enlightened, and have a deeper understanding.

And there'd be more room to biologically deconstruct ourselves. We'd question "why do I find this person beautiful?" and then question "how can we change ourselves so we find everyone beautiful?".

Art and music and cool shit would be more accessible. You'd be able to design a building and it get made, if you were passionate enough about it.

Everything would just be in its right place. But not, simultaneously. Everything would be appropriate, but not. Contradictions would be a thing.

Just like, lie me in a river, drop me from the greatest mountain, hold me in the centre of existence and let all be full of love.

I don't believe anything that meets the criteria could exist for me in the world I know, except possibly the equivalent of that bastard ass dream we all inevitably(or at least i hope) have where it just seems like everything is so fantastic and perfect and every single little thing you think of that could be cool/nice/awesome totally happens and you're not even being greedy and it's the bestest thing until you wake up and realise none of it was ever even true.

I had the dream once, or maybe more than(or something close to it), and whilst I can't remember any contents of it it was just the...sort of feeling I had when I woke up that made me realise what it was, if that makes any non-circular sense.

chair, I like how in-depth and articulately you described it. It sounds like a heaven I'd like to be in too, but I wouldn't be able to describe it well... The building design thing is cool, would need a lot of space though if everyone has the power to bring their designs to life :)

Part of the appeal of dreams is not just the fantasy elements, such as flying, but more the way they let your brain be the way it wants to be.

When I wake up from a really good dream, I always think "That's the way my brain's meant to be", but then reality beckons and I fall back into the daily drudgery of repression, obsession and procrastination.

Obviously things like flying and stuff would be cool.

Real world stuff:

Finding 'the one', a soulmate or whatever would be number 1 for me.

Second on the list, as materialistic as it may be, I'd love to win the lottery. I would love the security that amount of money would provide. Endless amounts of free time and enough money to do whatever the hell I want with it. I would improve myself so much if I won the lottery. I'd get fit (I'm not unfit now but I'd like some actual muscle to me :p), learn an instrument, learn other languages, learn to drive (yes some of these are possible now but I don't have the time or money or motivation). Stuff like that.

This is really difficult for me.

It probably wouldn't be something sexual, because from my slaggy experiences I get major "there's gotta be more to life". (That said, I've never really had sex with someone who resembles what I picture in my head when I think of hot.)

Heaven on Earth would be made of little bits of stun. A plethora of shards of stun. Not homogeneously stunning, because that would get boring. Just everywhere you turn there'd be something as stunning as Velvet Rope by Janet Jackson. Or as stunning as Tori Amos' face on the cover of To Venus And Back.

Everything would be new and dynamic, where appropriate, and as old and steady elsewhere. Everything would just be appropriate. But not in a safe way. In a way that left you with the feeling of "Yes. This moment has been placed HERE."

Everyone would be so appropriately different yet similar that there'd be no concept of war/hate/shit. People would be enlightened, and have a deeper understanding.

And there'd be more room to biologically deconstruct ourselves. We'd question "why do I find this person beautiful?" and then question "how can we change ourselves so we find everyone beautiful?".

Art and music and cool shit would be more accessible. You'd be able to design a building and it get made, if you were passionate enough about it.

Everything would just be in its right place. But not, simultaneously. Everything would be appropriate, but not. Contradictions would be a thing.

Just like, lie me in a river, drop me from the greatest mountain, hold me in the centre of existence and let all be full of love.

to+venus+and+back.jpg

The Greatest.

Also - I completely agree.

I remember having a dream in which I was studying at Hogwarts. Realising it was only a dream really sucked.

Had that dream. Was awesome. Waking up sucked!

Obviously flying, finding a soulmate, having children and some other stuff I'd rather not share are on the top of my list but if we're talking real-life, my Heaven on Earth would have to be everybody being equal and everybody getting along whatever differences they have. Everybody would accept everybody whatever race, gender, sexuality, preferences, etc and there would be no evil and possibly no religion (sorry if the latter offended).

Everything would just be happy and life would be enjoyable with hardly any worries. People would appreciate life and the people around them. My Heaven on Earth would basically be for everybody to live a happy life. There's more to my Heaven on Earth than this but this is a shortened version, haha.

Edited by Animal

A constant stream of Invincible comics a new issue out whenever I demand. Training thousands of people to draw like Ottley, and having a pool of all talented writers, each contributing to the over arching story ness.

And a trip going to all the theme parks of the world.

A constant stream of Invincible comics a new issue out whenever I demand. Training thousands of people to draw like Ottley, and having a pool of all talented writers, each contributing to the over arching story ness.

And a trip going to all the theme parks of the world.

I'll join you on that one...

ROAD TRIP! :p